Main Menu

Started by JacketGirl, Dec 12, 2004, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketGal

When I saw the Jacket in Chicago in May, I was able to go to the meet and greet afterward. I got the band's autographs on a  poster for the show as did my friends. My question is that Jim James wrote #37 after his name on my poster and on my friend's things too and I'm wondering does anyone know what this refers to? A sports hero, his lucky number..??
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

SMc55

When that's been brought up before I'm pretty sure it's been #34. Apparently Jim thinks/thought of it as his number. Maybe he's moved on  ???

MMJ_fanatic

It is 34 (perhaps that night he wrote somewhat messily).  Jim also has said that it was the number given to him (perhaps by a higher power...?)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

Mabey he forgot what his number was.
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

That could mean that the items numbered 37 could be "Collectors Items"  :o
There's Still Time.........

JacketGal

QuoteThat could mean that the items numbered 37 could be "Collectors Items"  :o

I just looked again and it could be a 34 ??? . I'll just say it's 37 and call it a collector's item! I wonder how much I can sell it for on ebay? ;)  

EC

3+4=7...  So 37 could be a variation of 34.

peanut butter puddin surprise

it's probably a 34 that looks like a 37...

anyone know the myth of rolling rock and 33?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

JacketGal

No, I don't know the myth of #33 on the rolling rock bottle, do you? And if you do, will you please share??

peanut butter puddin surprise

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_044

here's what others have to say, but as a born and bred Pennsylvanian, I can tell you it truly is a mystery...there's just about 33 reasons as to why "33" is on the bottle/can and always has been as long as this old timer has been drinkin'.

Fact:  One of my college roomates (God bless you, Mr. Bauer) was the son of the master brewer of the Rock.  Mr. Bauer shared many RR secrets, but a lot of them are lost to time and dead synapses.  I assure you "33" is truly a mystery and it's not just branding or some lifelong commercial advertising, but rather a local legend from Latrobe, PA that even the most scholarly of us won't figure out.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dogandponyshow

Jacket Girl....if it is a collectors item how in world could you think of selling it on ebay or anywhere else. I would frame that puppy right now.

D.

JacketGal

QuoteJacket Girl....if it is a collectors item how in world could you think of selling it on ebay or anywhere else. I would frame that puppy right now.

D.

D., I was kidding of course, I could NEVER sell anything like that! In fact I'm going to have it framed as an Xmas present to myself :) It's such a cool poster too, it's a  squeeze bottle of honey!

MMJ_fanatic

yea that's a cool one--I just picked one up offa e-bay (blank).  I have the It Still Moves promo poster full of their sigs framed in my office...ahhh mammaries err memories ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

JacketGal

Thanks for the straight dope on #33 King Conaway!  ;D

I remember telling Patrick that I ripped the poster off the wall when no one was looking (actually my friend did) and he said, "oh thank God, if there are any posters left we feel rejected!" Just a cool little memory...ah not a mammary!

dogandponyshow

Way to be Jacket Girl....sure you don't want to give it to me for Christmas.

D.