New Album Speculation

Started by wamsankas, Jul 19, 2015, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 27, 2015, 12:54 PM
March/April 2016 - more heavy touring, hitting the markets and fests they missed this year, then OBH3 finish line Jan/Feb 2017.  and then a nice vacation for these hard working dudes!!!

That totally makes sense.  But I can't think of a market in the US that they missed this year.  Maine?  Indy?  Living in DC, I can argue that MPP is a Baltimore show and that a run at the Warner Theater would be super fantastic.

millerjustin

Quote from: APR on Jul 30, 2015, 03:38 PM
March/April 2016 - more heavy touring, hitting the markets and fests they missed this year, then OBH3 finish line Jan/Feb 2017.  and then a nice vacation for these hard working dudes!!!

That totally makes sense.  But I can't think of a market in the US that they missed this year.  Maine?  Indy?  Living in DC, I can argue that MPP is a Baltimore show and that a run at the Warner Theater would be super fantastic.

The Mann in Philly, Mountain Jam, Canandaigua (CMAC), The Cap in Port Chester, multi-night RR's, lots of others that I can't think of right now
What's in here won't disappear

manonthemoon

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 31, 2015, 03:10 PM

The Mann in Philly, Mountain Jam, Canandaigua (CMAC), The Cap in Port Chester, multi-night RR's, lots of others that I can't think of right now

Camden is pretty much Philly, but the others make sense.  Maybe they will have a date at the Gorge in Oregon, that's always a place I have wanted to see them play.  Also they could hit up Locken in VA as that is one fest they have never done and it continually has a lineup I think they would enjoy and maybe share the stage with.
Alive or Just Breathing

buymycar

Quote from: manonthemoon on Aug 01, 2015, 01:36 PM

Camden is pretty much Philly, but the others make sense.  Maybe they will have a date at the Gorge in Oregon, that's always a place I have wanted to see them play.  Also they could hit up Locken in VA as that is one fest they have never done and it continually has a lineup I think they would enjoy and maybe share the stage with.

The Gorge is in Washington state. In fact, the Gorge is in George, Washington.

walterfredo

Not sure they'd be a good match for the Gorge, it's a large venue and a couple hours from Seattle, it takes a pretty powerful draw to fill that venue. It would make for a great place for an MMJ festival though. On site camping with multiple sets each day. Other down side on the Gorge is it can be insanely hot during the day. Amazing venue though.

manonthemoon

Quote from: buymycar on Aug 02, 2015, 03:01 AM
Quote from: manonthemoon on Aug 01, 2015, 01:36 PM

The Gorge is in Washington state. In fact, the Gorge is in George, Washington.

My bad I should of looked it up since I have never been to the venue, but going off of knowledge of the area I thought it would be somewhere  along the Dalles area on either side of the river.  Been through that area a number of times and always thought it was really scenic (besides the windmills) with the high desert landscape.
Alive or Just Breathing

Lonndown27

from what ive read and gathered in my mind from all applicable interviews, The Waterfall and The 2016 Record are two very differet entities. Thus said, that was exactly why Jim and the others agreed to split the songs up instead of a double album. The Waterfall is about rebirth and all these environmental protection of the planet but also of your personal environment. So if this new one is different than Waterfall, wouldn't it be a very very intensely dark record filled with tales from the dark side?

Im predicting maximum riffage, but a lot more of a Let It Bleed era Stones ensemble feel with maybe some horns and Carl's vocals more present in the backing department. We cant even imagine what they'll come up with, they absolutely create new sounds you can't even dream about. Believe reminded me of Ride My Seesaw by The Moody Blues and that's what I love about MMJ, its their vibe taking songs you think you've heard before but its so new you know you haven't, but those echoes of the past are like ghosts hovering all over it, but in a good way. The band have a mystique all their own and I think we're looking at a noodlier jam heavy, Jim vocal throwdown show dark LP.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

getinthevan

Further backing up my theory (however wild it may be), Roger Waters just announced that he will be touring next year.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Lonndown27

http://www.oregonlive.com/music/index.ssf/2015/09/my_morning_jacket_counts_portl.html

Patrick with NEW ALBUM INFO!!!! its not a ton but its interesting where they're leaving it at this juncture. ..it may not be what we thought. ..
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

MOWJO8185

Frankly, these two interviews don't make me feel like the album is going to come out even remotely soon. I'd kind of be surprised if it's even 2016.

justbcuzido

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Sep 30, 2015, 09:20 PM
Frankly, these two interviews don't make me feel like the album is going to come out even remotely soon. I'd kind of be surprised if it's even 2016.

Agreed, I am not optimistic about it being out in 2016. I wonder what the status is on the solo effort he mentioned awhile back.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Mr. White

Quote from: justbcuzido on Sep 30, 2015, 11:26 PM
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Sep 30, 2015, 09:20 PM

Agreed, I am not optimistic about it being out in 2016. I wonder what the status is on the solo effort he mentioned awhile back.

I'd bet the solo project gets going again in 2016. That would be cool!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

id much rather have nonstop Jacket than the solo stuff frankly, just my opinion and I DID love Regions  :beer:

walterfredo

I dread the day when the answer becomes "no".

Lonndown27

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 01, 2015, 11:54 AM
I dread the day when the answer becomes "no".

No as the answer to what bro? ???

dookie shoot bandit

In response to Jim's interview...
Whether it is all worth it?
He answered for right now it is "yes"
So the day he says no...
Will be a shitty dreadful day for all of us

Lonndown27

Ohhhh ok I getcha now...goddamn that'd just fucking suck. I feel very privileged just to be able to see them twice!

justbcuzido

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Oct 01, 2015, 10:34 PM
Ohhhh ok I getcha now...goddamn that'd just fucking suck. I feel very privileged just to be able to see them twice!

That is why whenever people complain about set lists, I think, one day you people are going to wish you could see them on stage playing "I'm Amazed" or Black Metal. That's why I cherish it no matter what's played or not played, because one day, it will all end either for me or the band. So in the meantime, I shall enjoy it all
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

jcc0065

Quote from: justbcuzido on Oct 02, 2015, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Oct 01, 2015, 10:34 PM

That is why whenever people complain about set lists, I think, one day you people are going to wish you could see them on stage playing "I'm Amazed" or Black Metal. That's why I cherish it no matter what's played or not played, because one day, it will all end either for me or the band. So in the meantime, I shall enjoy it all

im never one to complain, as i pretty much enjoy all mmj songs no matter what. Thats being said, i wish they would get to the point where they could play very different setlists night in and night out, but the fan support is simply not there YET, but it will be sooner rather than later.

Look at Widespread Panic (who im not really a fan of btw, but respect the hell out of them), they dont play the same song twice in a row ever. I know they are more of a jam band and have been around way longer, but how great would that be later in MMJ's career?!?

I second what you said though, one day when theyve decided to hang it up we will all wish we could hear songs like those!