Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

A taping has surfaced...

Roger Waters
Fort Adams State Park
Newport, RI

Recorded by JB
Edited by Kathleen

Lineage: CA 11 Mics/CA 9100 Preamp > Edirol R9 > Adobe Audition > CD Wave > Trader's Little Helper (FLAC)

01 Intro
02 Crystal Clear Brooks (live debut)
03 Mother (Pink Floyd song)
04 The Bravery of Being Out of Range (first time live since 2002)
05 Hello in There (John Prine cover) (live debut)
06 Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd song) (with Sara Watkins) (first time live since 2009)
07 Wide River to Cross (Buddy Miller cover) (with Amy Helm)
08 Amused to Death (first time live since 2002)
09 Brain Damage (Pink Floyd song) (first time live since 2008)
10 Eclipse (Pink Floyd song) (first time live since 2008)
11 Forever Young (Bob Dylan cover) (with Sara Watkins and Amy Helm)

Note: with My Morning Jacket as backing band, GE Smith on guitar, and Lucius providing backing vocals

FLAC torrent: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=535899

A quick listen to Mother indicates Waters's vocals are distorted pretty badly, but beggars can't be choosers...

I'll put up direct download links for FLAC and mp3 soon.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Taterbug

Thanks Yac !!!! Looking forward to checking this out  :thumbsup:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

johnnYYac

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 03, 2015, 11:56 AM
Here are direct links to FLAC and mp3 files.

Thanks! I was considering converting some of the better sounding videos on YouTube to FLAC or WAV audio to make my own recording of this once in a lifetime event. Glad you found this recording, so I won't have to. I'll download and check it out later.

Thanks again John!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

itrainmonkeys

Thanks for this! Will download when I get home later.

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 03, 2015, 11:56 AM
Here are direct links to FLAC and mp3 files.

John, I can't seem to get the FLAC version to work (the page won't load for me). At first, I thought it was just being blocked at my work, but now that I'm home, I still can't get it to load for me. (The MP3 did work - just finished downloading it but haven't listened to it yet.) I really prefer FLAC though, if you could look into it...when you get a chance.
Thanks again!

austinpsychnut

Wow thank you so much for finding/posting this Johnny!  This band continues to amaze me.
"The music is killing me, the high and low fidelities are attacking my brain, and it's terrific."

johnnYYac

johnnYYac

I appreciate the taper's efforts, but Waters's vocals are pretty badly distorted.  I ripped audio from YouTube videos of each song Waters did w/MMJ et al.  The result is downloadable below...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/72hoelb0g684a9r/Roger_Waters_%26_My_Morning_Jacket_%40_Newport_Folk_Festival_2015.zip

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 04, 2015, 01:23 PM
I appreciate the taper's efforts, but Waters's vocals are pretty badly distorted.  I ripped audio from YouTube videos of each song Waters did w/MMJ et al.  The result is downloadable below...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/72hoelb0g684a9r/Roger_Waters_%26_My_Morning_Jacket_%40_Newport_Folk_Festival_2015.zip

John, I'm having trouble getting these songs to play. I've downloaded the zip file and did the copy and paste thing to a folder in my music files, but they are causing some music playing programs to have an error and won't play on any others. Are you able to download and play them? Maybe you could check it out, when you get a chance. Thanks for all your efforts!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 05, 2015, 11:33 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 04, 2015, 01:23 PM

John, I'm having trouble getting these songs to play. I've downloaded the zip file and did the copy and paste thing to a folder in my music files, but they are causing some music playing programs to have an error and won't play on any others. Are you able to download and play them? Maybe you could check it out, when you get a chance. Thanks for all your efforts!
I used some online YouTube converter, KeepVid.com, and the audio files come up as mp4.  I can play it with my VLC media player.  I'll see if I can convert to mp3...

johnnYYac

roberthunter

Thanks for converting those youtube rips to mp3.