Is Roll Call worth buying now?

Started by Coat Of Many Colors, Aug 12, 2015, 12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coat Of Many Colors

It's mid August and all the shows are out of my area. Just saw MMJ in Nashville. Is Roll Call just until the end of the year or is it a year from when you buy it?

Do we know what's on the 7"? Is it the same that's in the deluxe Waterfall vinyl?

TIA

kholl44

I just bought it so it better be worth it! The receipt says its good until next August, so I'm hoping for another tour with more stops close to Louisville in 2016 (still holding out hope for NYE too!)
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

Clarkwork

I feel it's always worth buying.  Never know when a contest will pop up or something special.  I was sure happy to have it when I won the Louisville Waterfall rehearsal shows.  Plus it helps support the band and show them the love. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

parkervb

Quote from: kholl44 on Aug 12, 2015, 04:17 PM
I just bought it so it better be worth it! The receipt says its good until next August, so I'm hoping for another tour with more stops close to Louisville in 2016 (still holding out hope for NYE too!)

guy on the FB MM Fan page said Tom told him that they've been approached for NYE but most likely no show. Hopefully he's just being coy.
Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

Whenever you purchase a Roll Call membership, the year is added to the endpoint of your previous RC membership, if you had one.  The 7" at year's end will not be the bonus tracks from The Waterfall; I don't know what they will be, but I know it will be somewhat unique.  I'm a poster guy, and getting the poster and t-shirt, plus 7" and early-entry laminate makes Roll Call ALWAYS worth it to me.  With another album likely out by mid-2016 and more touring likely, you can't go wrong.  Ticket presales might be the only real disappointment I've had with RC.  The one soundcheck party I attended (I know quite a few were cancelled) was only available to RC members and definitely worth it!  My 2 cents.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bartel

I feel like it's only worth it for peeps who have shows close by and secondly only for Americans ha

Coat Of Many Colors

Well dang, now it's out of stock  :cry:

Coat Of Many Colors

Checked back and it was in stock! Grabbed it real quick [emoji3]

Lonndown27

I used to be a Roll Call member...and i feel like I need to get it again, but they're not even doing Roll Call at the Saltair show in October. Does that mean that there's probably barely any Roll Call Members in Utah??? If so, I'll re-purchase it again, loved getting my 7 inch a few years back with Grab A Body.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

touchingmept2

Purchased on the 15th. Still shows that the package is processing. From other members' experiences, has it usually taken >2 weeks to get the roll call pack in? For +$60, it's taking long to ship.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 21, 2015, 04:28 PM
I used to be a Roll Call member...and i feel like I need to get it again, but they're not even doing Roll Call at the Saltair show in October. Does that mean that there's probably barely any Roll Call Members in Utah??? If so, I'll re-purchase it again, loved getting my 7 inch a few years back with Grab A Body.

What do you mean they aren't doing Roll Call at the Saltair? Do you mean a sound check, early entry or something else? If you mean early entry, details for that are usually posted 48-72 hours in advance. Definitely not this far ahead of the show.

As far as an actual show Roll Call, that's just something done here on the board by fans for each show. Someone starts a RC thread for the show, and whoever is going adds their name to the list. Nothing to do with the actual Roll Call Deluxe or Digital membership.

Sound checks are a different deal. I guess one could still be added but no telling if it will be or not. You would need to be a RC member to purchase that if they made it available.

Or are you talking about something else completely different?
"Where's Jim going?"

ratsnest74

how often is rollcall available to purchase, its sold out right now?

APR

Quote from: ratsnest74 on Oct 01, 2015, 09:59 AM

I don't understand why/how buying a membership to a fan club is sold out.  Maybe a shirt or a hat can sell out.   But unless MMJ has enough fans, then buying fan club membership should always be available.

ratsnest74

Quote from: APR on Oct 01, 2015, 12:11 PM
Quote from: ratsnest74 on Oct 01, 2015, 09:59 AM

I don't understand why/how buying a membership to a fan club is sold out.  Maybe a shirt or a hat can sell out.   But unless MMJ has enough fans, then buying fan club membership should always be available.

well the digital only is still for sale but not the one with the 7"

johnnYYac

Roll Call is "sold out" when they sell out of the items included: tshirt, poster, etc.  I don't get it, either, but I guess they underestimated Roll Call's popularity.

By the way, the "digital" version, while cheaper and "in stock" is not a very good deal, in terms of presale ticket access, in my opinion.  When available, the full $40 Roll Call membership is well worth it, again in my opinion.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ratsnest74

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 01, 2015, 06:42 PM
Roll Call is "sold out" when they sell out of the items included: tshirt, poster, etc.  I don't get it, either, but I guess they underestimated Roll Call's popularity.

By the way, the "digital" version, while cheaper and "in stock" is not a very good deal, in terms of presale ticket access, in my opinion.  When available, the full $40 Roll Call membership is well worth it, again in my opinion.

agreed though digital at $15 I figured the digital download credit alone might pay for $12

APR

Quote from: ratsnest74 on Oct 02, 2015, 08:43 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 01, 2015, 06:42 PM

agreed though digital at $15 I figured the digital download credit alone might pay for $12

Cool that digital is always available.  That makes sense.   It's worth it to get the download and access to the soundchecks if they do them again.  And also to enter various raffles that they have (e.g., those special shows when the album just came out).  I agree with YYac as it's not too much extra to get the earlier ticket buying time and the shirt, poster, etc.  But who knows when that will be available again.

touchingmept2

@johnnYYac I finally received my download code for a free live show download. What show do you recommend? I see that the site with the shows doesn't have many 2015 dates available.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

wcazcooper95

so I'm fairly new to this forum and don't quite understand the whole roll call thing. Could one of you more experienced folk explain the pros and cons of Roll Call? Been an avid listener for years, glad i finally found where all those other fans are.

parkervb

Quote from: wcazcooper95 on Nov 04, 2015, 11:35 AM
so I'm fairly new to this forum and don't quite understand the whole roll call thing. Could one of you more experienced folk explain the pros and cons of Roll Call? Been an avid listener for years, glad i finally found where all those other fans are.

Hi, Roll Call is the fan club. When you join, you typically get a shirt and poster. Last year they also added some limited 7'' records.  You also get presale ticket access.  Roll Callers also get early entry to shows at some events, there are contests for Roll Callers only. Some folks from this forum won tickets to attend a listening party with some guys from the band, the Louisville Waterfall shows were for Roll Callers I believe.  Lots of pros, not a lot of cons really.  You might want to wait for 2016 Roll Call to be announced to join so you get as much of the goodies as possible.
Don't you ever turn it off