2008.06.17 Montreal on LMA

Started by blankpage37, Jun 19, 2008, 11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blankpage37

The one review gives this high marks (not my recording, BTW):

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-06-17.spc4

cfloyd3

This is a masterful recording honestly.  This may be one of my favorite recordings outside of the shows that I have been to.  Everything is outstandingly clear and it rocks really loudly.  I have everything on my computer halfway and my audio player at 50 even and its loud and beautiful.  Usually I always hear too much bass in most recordings or something that is really shrill and annoying to the ears or even it simply doesn't feel perfectly loud enough to enjoy. This one is pretty damn outstanding.

Edit to add: Remnants destroys here.

getinthevan

Again, awesome turn around time!  Just finished listening to Bonnaroo and started on the Kool Haus show, which sounds great so far!  Can't wait to hear this one!
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

andrew.francke

Thats my review on LMA and I have basically been playing this recording non-stop - work, car, home - since yesterday morning.  I cant get enough of it or get over how immaculate the sound is.  Certifying that Tuesday night was - considering the intimate venue, quality performance from the band, and choice set list - probably one of the best shows I have caught in the last 4 or 5 years.

The point that MMJ is at right now is a launching pad to elite rock-stardom and seeing them in that kind of room will be hard to come by again.  Consider that they are playing Radio City Music Hall tonight after playing this 500 capacity club just 3 nights ago is slightly bewildering and tremendously exciting all at once.

jrat

jesus H! i was at this show and never expected to have a recorder in the house! it was awesome, i had just gotten back from 'Roo and went to this. 4th row or so, standing(obv) and rocking the fuck out, thanks so much to whoever is responsible!
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd