Phone Went West - Red Rocks

Started by HardNightConformist, Sep 17, 2015, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

I think this Beacon version would be my favorite also if we could get a soundboard recording of it. Don't get me wrong, this guys phone video and audio isn't bad but man if we had this in the sound quality of Red Rocks 2012. :cheesy:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

adam_pliskow

I want those Beacon recordings!!!!

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on Mar 27, 2017, 10:50 AM
I think this Beacon version would be my favorite also if we could get a soundboard recording of it. Don't get me wrong, this guys phone video and audio isn't bad but man if we had this in the sound quality of Red Rocks 2012. :cheesy:

No question, a soundboard recording of this would be great to have.  :thumbsup:   Fingers crossed we get it and the rest of the four shows as well.

"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 27, 2017, 10:44 AM
Quote from: ericm on Mar 26, 2017, 09:37 PM
it doesn't get any better than this right here.   :beer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kB4t_6sTaL4

it does not.

I still like the RR2012 vibe and execution and tempo more but still that Beacon version is the best Phone I've heard  (along with RR2015) since 2012.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

millerjustin

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 27, 2017, 06:53 PM

it does not.

I still like the RR2012 vibe and execution and tempo more but still that Beacon version is the best Phone I've heard  (along with RR2015) since 2012.

I love Port Chester and OBH1 as well
What's in here won't disappear

ericm

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 28, 2017, 09:07 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 27, 2017, 06:53 PM

it does not.

I love Port Chester and OBH1 as well

Port Chester is right up there among my favorites too, as is the Philly Mann Center one in 11.
"Where's Jim going?"

My Morning Tube top

Phone is my jam, I've seen a lot of Phones but this is the Phone that sent me on a cloud behind a rainbow with a Unicorn flying by... I can never get enough of this Phone! Eric M rocking out during the Phone and Tom smiling in recognition of our rock out, definitely adds to the power of the Phone :)

My Morning Tube top

And I will concur on my live Phones- Capital and Mann '11 were also stellar! Wiltern Phone rocked my socks off too!

meltingaway

My two cents on the Phones from a forum member who occasionally chimes in (love this forum for obvious reasons, jacket fans are the coolest people on the planet). Anyway, I've been listening to the Beacon Phone Went West '15 version these last couple of days to see if it could top my favorite version: the Red Rocks 2012 version, which I hold atop the pedestal. I must say I still lean towards the Rocks version for two main reasons. 1. Bo's keyboard work around the 4:30 mark almost induces bad ass man tears every time I hear it--it's hauntingly beautiful indeed....and 2. I feel like Jim absolutely nails the vocals during the climax. That last "They'll be a Knock at wohhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh" = goosebumps ery time. I don't know I think it was definitely one of those moments when all 5 bandmates were channeling some sort of higher power that they often talk about.

But that Beacon Phone guitar work by JJ at the 7 minute mark is divine. I'd like to add that in to the RR Phone '12 version to make the ultimate Phone Went West. And perhaps figure out a way to add in the old Johnny Quaid hardcore outtro circa 2003 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn0GsF2MGAc ). Man, I guess I'm jonesin for some live jacket, looking forward to some good times this summer.

Lonndown27

Quote from: meltingaway on Mar 29, 2017, 10:55 PM
My two cents on the Phones from a forum member who occasionally chimes in (love this forum for obvious reasons, jacket fans are the coolest people on the planet). Anyway, I've been listening to the Beacon Phone Went West '15 version these last couple of days to see if it could top my favorite version: the Red Rocks 2012 version, which I hold atop the pedestal. I must say I still lean towards the Rocks version for two main reasons. 1. Bo's keyboard work around the 4:30 mark almost induces bad ass man tears every time I hear it--it's hauntingly beautiful indeed....and 2. I feel like Jim absolutely nails the vocals during the climax. That last "They'll be a Knock at wohhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh" = goosebumps ery time. I don't know I think it was definitely one of those moments when all 5 bandmates were channeling some sort of higher power that they often talk about.

But that Beacon Phone guitar work by JJ at the 7 minute mark is divine. I'd like to add that in to the RR Phone '12 version to make the ultimate Phone Went West. And perhaps figure out a way to add in the old Johnny Quaid hardcore outtro circa 2003 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn0GsF2MGAc ). Man, I guess I'm jonesin for some live jacket, looking forward to some good times this summer.

Amen! Post more!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

johnnYYac

Here's the tail end of live Phone circa 2003, from the last few minutes of the It Still Moves EPK (Electronic Press Kit). It fuckin' rocks!

Starts at 7:47.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

millerjustin

wow - hardly recognizable honestly.  PWW evolution really took place 2011-2012 to what it is today
What's in here won't disappear

manonthemoon

That is amazing, I've seen this before, but its been a long time.  Makes me a little sad to be 3 years late to the party as I would of loved seeing this lineup of jacket perform.  Not knocking Bo and Carl at all, but look at all that young, raw, energy its awesome.
Alive or Just Breathing