MMJ - Radio City Music Hall - 06/20/2008 - Schoeps

Started by baustin, Jun 26, 2008, 12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baustin

Here's another flavor for you all to sample.

I think Scott and I were the only tapers on this night. Sounded absolutely beautiful from the 2nd balcony and I think this recording accurately captures the evening!

Enjoy!
http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-06-20.mk41.kc5.cmc6.744t.flacf16

My Morning Jacket
06-08-2008
Radio City Music Hall
New York, NY

Schoeps mk41 {NOS}/kc5/cmc6~>
Sound Devices 744t {24/48}~>
CDWav 1.97~>
Wavelab 5.0a {Fades, Resampler 192 kHz, UV22HR}~>
FLAC frontend 1.7.1/FLAC 1.2.1b {Level 6}

-baustin

01 - 01:24 - Intro
02 - 05:09 - Evil Urges
03 - 06:18 - Off the Record
04 - 03:59 - Gideon
05 - 05:04 - I'm Amazed
06 - 03:30 - Highly Suspicious
07 - 03:12 - What a Wonderful Man
08 - 05:29 - Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 1
09 - 03:42 - Sec Walkin
10 - 05:26 - Golden
11 - 05:02 - Thank You Too
12 - 05:38 - The Way That He Sings
13 - 02:33 - Two Halves
14 - 06:48 - Phone Went West
15 - 04:09 - Aluminum Park
16 - 13:03 - Steam Engine
17 - 05:06 - Smokin from Shootin~>
18 - 11:49 - Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 2
19 - 03:28 - E: Bermuda Highway
20 - 04:49 - E: Librarian
21 - 04:39 - E: Wordless Chorus
22 - 04:29 - E: It Beats 4 U
23 - 11:14 - E: Dondante
24 - 05:05 - E: The Bear
25 - 06:46 - E: Lay Low
26 - 07:47 - E: Run Thru
27 - 04:19 - E: Anytime
28 - 07:53 - E: One Big Holiday

PS - If MP3 and streaming are not up yet, they will be shortly.

PPS- Jimbo Pollock is my daddy. :P

dhollensbe

Thanks for putting this up, I'm very interested to hear the difference between the two sources, location and rig wise.  

Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

searchinbig

Thanks for the up on this.

Just finished listening to the other source as it's been in my car all week.

Holy crap what an amazing show. Full energy level, probably one of the hottest shows I have in my collection.

Patrick is playing like he is possessed, a true drum God.  ;D
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

dhollensbe

Wow....thanks for the upgrade, much cleaner both on the low and high end.  I thought, hell I have no clue if this is an accurate statement, that the DPA source seemed like the sound was flying over my head when I listened to it in my car.  
Dead on the beach,

scott brown

QuoteThanks for putting this up, I'm very interested to hear the difference between the two sources, location and rig wise.  

location is the big thing.  like i said, i didn't like the sound from where i was sitting.  brian's copy is making me wish i was front row balcony...

getinthevan

QuoteThanks for putting this up, I'm very interested to hear the difference between the two sources, location and rig wise.  

location is the big thing.  like i said, i didn't like the sound from where i was sitting.  brian's copy is making me wish i was front row balcony...

Where were you seated Scott?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

YouAre_GivenToFly

So is the general consensus that this recording is better than the one that came out only a day or 2 after the show?
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Crispy

I agree - cleaner, and sounds like a wider range. Went straight to OBH to gauge the crowd vs. Jim: Jim wins, but you still get that huge crowd response.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

dhollensbe

QuoteSo is the general consensus that this recording is better than the one that came out only a day or 2 after the show?

I listened to this source all day yesterday in my car while on appointments.  I know the "Best Ever" phrase is thrown around quite a bit.  BUT, this could easily be one of my "Top 5" favorite recordings of any band of all time.  The range and imagery on this tape is astounding....THANKs Baustin
Dead on the beach,

RoughGod

A question on the archive.....

How do I d/l all the Flac files at once (as a whole show).  It seems like all of the flac files are seperate and have to be d/l'd seperately.  Am I missing something here??

Help is appreciated.
Demon Eyes Are Watching

searchinbig

QuoteA question on the archive.....

How do I d/l all the Flac files at once (as a whole show).  It seems like all of the flac files are seperate and have to be d/l'd seperately.  Am I missing something here??

Help is appreciated.

Okay here goes.

Download Firefox as your browser, it is superior to IE.

Firefox has a tool called "Down them all"

You can easily d/l all files at once with this.

I use it for the Archive with 0 problems.

Good luck.

Mike
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

RoughGod

Help is appreciated.

Okay here goes.

Good luck.

Mike

Thank you....
Demon Eyes Are Watching

RoughGod

Help is appreciated.

Okay here goes.

Good luck.

Mike

Ok so I dowladed Firefox, but I can't find any "download them all feature".  Can you help walk me through doing this?  
Demon Eyes Are Watching

baustin

i've had a few friends ask me the same questions, so i put the show up at bt.etree.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=516213

dbf65

Help is appreciated.

Okay here goes.

Good luck.

Mike

Ok so I dowladed Firefox, but I can't find any "download them all feature".  Can you help walk me through doing this?  

Go to tools and select it from there.  once you do that, it will probably select all audio files by default and show that with a green check mark.  just select or deselect what you and want and then select which folder on your computer you want the downloaded files to go to.  

RoughGod

Help is appreciated.

Okay here goes.

Good luck.

Mike

Go to tools and select it from there.  once you do that, it will probably select all audio files by default and show that with a green check mark.  just select or deselect what you and want and then select which folder on your computer you want the downloaded files to go to.  

Thanks...I still can't figure it out.  I go to tools, and click "downloads" and it just brings up an empty box....oh well.
Demon Eyes Are Watching

searchinbig

Help is appreciated.

Okay here goes.

Good luck.

Mike

Thanks...I still can't figure it out.  I go to tools, and click "downloads" and it just brings up an empty box....oh well.

Go here and d/l the add on.

Sorry I got back to you so late!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201

Love Dogg

QuoteI agree - cleaner, and sounds like a wider range. Went straight to OBH to gauge the crowd vs. Jim: Jim wins, but you still get that huge crowd response.

That's how I always rate it, too!  :)  "Wakin' up, feelin'....!"
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."