MMJ 2015-10-07 The Complex, SLC, UT

Started by Zaphod, Oct 09, 2015, 01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Well that's your opinion and while that's all fine brotha I just feel like it sounded a tad...i dunno, fuckin really spoiled or something like you're getting access to a show his efforts, in capturing the band, spawned, let alone that back in the 70s a show that may have been hoarded instead of shared.

I've been listening to bootlegs since I was 12 and i may only be 25, but my collection is vast and there's some awful tapes out there, too. But Zaphod's have atmosphere, they capture the experience perfectly, and to me, I could hear the band a lot clearer on every note that was played better on the tape than it was at the show. Two different amazing experiences of the same happening. They capture that front house mix perfectly that maybe was not going good to my ears during the show, because of the Complex's shitty acoustics / lack thereof. The tape makes it seem like it was recorded at a private soundcheck at Red Rocks or something, it's awesome. He did a fantastic fucking job, it's a very clear tape. It still rings clearly on shitty laptop speakers with the volume halfway on, seriously, and I've blasted this in my stereo in my car and it's wonderfully done and also Mixed, Compiled and everything by Zaphod too. That shit's a lot of work as well, even with technology. We're talking time, effort, skill.

I respectfully disagree BrothaRex, sorry if I came on heavy, Its been a hard day at my shitty fucking office job and though Im thankful to have a job, its stressed me out and made me a little short tonight, I apologize
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Zaphod

No worries, I'll make sure to bring this next time to capture the evening:

buymycar

While MMJ continues to not release every show they play/record on livedownloads, then aud recordings are all we have. I don't think anyone is unappreciative of MMJ's sound crew/engineers and the effort they put in to ensure an awesome sounding show.

Lonndown27

Quote from: Zaphod on Oct 15, 2015, 01:42 AM
No worries, I'll make sure to bring this next time to capture the evening:

hahahahahahahah!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

johnnYYac

I think we risk losing out on the sonic experience of live music based on where we sit, who we sit with, what chemicals we put in our bodies, and the shape of the venue. 

The Front of House sound engineer uses data to create a balanced sound that tries to take some of those things into consideration, but if we want to be up close to get fingered by Jim or catch a pick after the show, we may not hear the best mix. 

Tapers, who are welcomed by this band and its crew, have the opportunity to pick and choose location and equipment that may capture a show better than one's own ears could, due to all the above factors.   

Thanks MMJ for the music!  Thanks Ryan and crew for the sound!  Thanks Alex and all the tapers for the recordings!

Long live My Morning Jacket!  God bless the tapers!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

There were just some things I felt needed to be said cause negativity was coming from outta nowhere all based on personal preference and opinion but in disguise as absolute fact. Just wanted people to chill and be thankful for Alex's effort :beer:

No hard feelings to anyone on here especially Tooghans and Rex who probably hate me right now. We're all a big Jacket Family on here. I lost myself a little and didn't mean any disrespect but felt there was some disrespect aimed at Zaphods tape that was all that got me going regardless of opinion etc

By the way the Dondante on this is just. ...Jesus talk about an amazing first Dondante!