MMJ @ Masonic San Fransisco 2015-10-15

Started by johnnYYac, Oct 16, 2015, 03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I have no details.  This is last night's show in AIFF format.  Working on mp3 version...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qt09tcz35480aza/AAADvAPQMQdAiKZQtSUd4ZMua?dl=0
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

gluvmiller

He is a write up from the taper who provided this (I've requested taper details like mic locations and what not):

"Between the times I see My Morning Jacket I forget that entering and experiencing one of their shows is like going into space and entering a rarefied atmosphere where the air you breathe is filled with puffballs and crystals of mind-altering music, and that the shows are epic musical journeys of the type pioneered right here in San Francisco in the Sixties.  And no no no I am not saying MMJ sounds anything like those bands, but just the nature of the evening is that it is a performance of a musical masterpiece that you cannot help being pulled into and traveling the waves, like some extended ocean journey full of big roaring waves, and small gentle lilting ripples and big fish and little fish and all colors...and let's remember for those of you who don't know, Hodon takes no mind-altering chemicals as a rule.  This is on the natch! (Altho as a friend who is more normal said, "but when you have both..." – and yes, I can only imagine the increased colors of the musical rainbow.)  But to paraphrase a SF saying, "there is nothing like an MMJ concert..."  I mean, it's like you enter a different world, a rarefied atmosphere where the band is commanding the spaceship for the two hours you are in the room with them, and all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.  And boy is it enjoyable!  Every night is different, and last night, was this slow, acoustic build to a ramped up canter (not quite gallop, except in parts, but cantering is great)that just kept us riding to the end.  Mixed metaphors?  Sure – but that's the beauty of original, Louisville-based rock and roll from the brain of James ...."

johnnYYac

Lonndown27

Quote from: gluvmiller on Oct 16, 2015, 03:58 PM
He is a write up from the taper who provided this (I've requested taper details like mic locations and what not):

"Between the times I see My Morning Jacket I forget that entering and experiencing one of their shows is like going into space and entering a rarefied atmosphere where the air you breathe is filled with puffballs and crystals of mind-altering music, and that the shows are epic musical journeys of the type pioneered right here in San Francisco in the Sixties.  And no no no I am not saying MMJ sounds anything like those bands, but just the nature of the evening is that it is a performance of a musical masterpiece that you cannot help being pulled into and traveling the waves, like some extended ocean journey full of big roaring waves, and small gentle lilting ripples and big fish and little fish and all colors...and let's remember for those of you who don't know, Hodon takes no mind-altering chemicals as a rule.  This is on the natch! (Altho as a friend who is more normal said, "but when you have both..." – and yes, I can only imagine the increased colors of the musical rainbow.)  But to paraphrase a SF saying, "there is nothing like an MMJ concert..."  I mean, it's like you enter a different world, a rarefied atmosphere where the band is commanding the spaceship for the two hours you are in the room with them, and all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.  And boy is it enjoyable!  Every night is different, and last night, was this slow, acoustic build to a ramped up canter (not quite gallop, except in parts, but cantering is great)that just kept us riding to the end.  Mixed metaphors?  Sure – but that's the beauty of original, Louisville-based rock and roll from the brain of James ...."

:beer:Absolutely sick!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

buymycar

Nice quick turnaround! Thanks for sharing, johnny.

johnnYYac

Lonndown27

Wow broseph that was quick.  Johnny.....I love ya bro  :beer:  :smiley:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018