Election Day 2015

Started by Mr. White, Nov 03, 2015, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

Sorry, Kentucky.  Let's hope the new governor doesn't shut almost half a million people out of Medicare expansion.  Politics can kill.

Bummer, Ohio.  I wonder if a clean referendum would pass.  Weed, not greed!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

APR

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 04, 2015, 11:50 AM
Sorry, Kentucky.  Let's hope the new governor doesn't shut almost half a million people out of Medicare expansion.  Politics can kill.

John Oliver had an amazing segment (which is on YouTube) the other night, much of which was about the guy who ended up winning for Kentucky governor.

johnnYYac

Quote from: APR on Nov 05, 2015, 09:51 AM

John Oliver had an amazing segment (which is on YouTube) the other night, much of which was about the guy who ended up winning for Kentucky governor.
I saw that (HBO Now).  The only Republican victory in their efforts to destroy the ACA, aka Obamacare, was to have the US Supreme Court rule that states cannot be forced to accept 90-100% Federal funding of Medicare expansion, to cover those who make too much to qualify for Medicare otherwise and not enough to qualify for subsidized insurance under the exchanges.  20 states have refused this expansion, leaving hundreds of thousands with no health care coverage AT ALL.  Ironic statement... It makes me sick!

As someone who, in the year since Oct. 14, 2014 has had surgeries and hospitalizations costing over $2 million billed to insurance, I cannot comprehend the kind of political mind that thinks this is ok.  The fact that only about 30% of Kentuckians voted, however, means a lot of people who will suffer failed to prevent it from happening. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

iLikeBeer

I'm not surprised it didn't pass.  The whole monopoly thing was a HUGE obstacle to overcome.  Hopefully, they learn from this an follow the other states' leads who DID pass legalization.

I voted yes only for the simple fact that I would have been allowed to legally grow my own but I heard a lot of people who were pro legalization that voted no based on the whole monopoly aspect of it. 

All in all, I was shocked it was even on the ballot in my home state.  I mean, Kasich has won back to back elections for Governor so I really wasn't holding out much hope that we would get weed legalized on his watch...   :tongue: