New Bonnaroo Source

Started by Evelyn_Is_Too_Real, Jun 24, 2008, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

QuoteSo, you're asking someone to take a lossy source and make it even lossier by converting to mp3?  You'd be better off getting the FLACs man.

I guess my point is that if it's already lossy, having them in FLAC doesn't really make sense 'cause that's just a transcode. It'd be like dumping a VHS tape to DVD and calling it better quality. It's not.

Ah, but wouldn't you agree that archiving the tape to DVD will preserve the quality?  I totally agree with you, it's not better quality.  But at least whatever quality it is will be preserved.  Until a better source comes out or until someone comes along and fucks it up and transcodes the FLACs to mp3.  Until something better comes along, download it, blast it on your ghetto blaster, enjoy it.  Some people get so wrapped up in quality issues that they don't enjoy anything anymore.  Don't be that guy.

A gigabyte+ is nothing in this world of broadband.

dhollensbe

QuoteI mentioned this in the other thread, but here it is again.

The demonoid torrent is indeed from the XM broadcast, but is not exactly a lossy recording. Since it was recorded from the receiver that makes it lossy so converting it to a FLAC is technically a transcode. A high bitrate mp3 would probably do just as well with this recording.
I think I'll grab mp3s if anyone converts them and save myself from downloading over 1 GB of FLACS that are from a lossy source.

Also, I would gladly take the "lossy" receiver recording over a stream from the internet any day of the week. So I don't want to sound like I'm bitching in the previous paragraph, 'cause I'm not. :)

So, you're asking someone to take a lossy source and make it even lossier by converting to mp3?  You'd be better off getting the FLACs man.

Unless you're just asking for a receiver -> mp3 source.

It is well known that Satellite radio is lossy.  You're not going to get a better source than these FLACs barring a terrestrial radio station broadcasting them.

Ding Ding Ding....consider the source is lossy the recording will be lossy...no way of gettin around it.  I downloaded it and have to say its sounds pretty good on my computer...mix is fucked up until they get it somewhat dialed in...Jacket needs a better sound guy or girl now that they have taken over the world.  
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

corey

QuoteDon't be that guy.
Oh, I'm not that guy. Promise.  :)

I guess I should go ahead and confess this as well. I apparently changed one of my settings on Utorrent that pretty much renders my internet useless if I have Utorrent open. I can't figure out what I did. I used to be able to run torrents and surf the net at the same time. Now, if I have Utorrent open, I can't open any web pages. It's like it's too slow or something. It's gotta be some setting that I switched in there, but I can't figure out what the hell I did.......
So, I guess I'm saying that I wouldn't be able to open any pages for a few hours if I were downloading over a GB of stuff with Utorrent and I had a bunch of stuff to do on the innerwebs yesterday.

wheelhousetunes

Anyone put together any artwork for this yet???  :)

blueskyink

utorrent just recently starting doing that to me too, I used to be able to surf and do what ever I pleased but now it renders my internet useless when its open.  It also seems to crash like no other recently. I have downloading a bunch of the Bonnaroo 08 performances and it just seems to crash constantly.

Jellyfish

Quoteutorrent just recently starting doing that to me too, I used to be able to surf and do what ever I pleased but now it renders my internet useless when its open.  It also seems to crash like no other recently. I have downloading a bunch of the Bonnaroo 08 performances and it just seems to crash constantly.

Delete Utorrent and re-install it.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Crispy

Or use another client, like Azureus
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

searchinbig

QuoteDon't be that guy.
Oh, I'm not that guy. Promise.  :)

I guess I should go ahead and confess this as well. I apparently changed one of my settings on Utorrent that pretty much renders my internet useless if I have Utorrent open. I can't figure out what I did. I used to be able to run torrents and surf the net at the same time. Now, if I have Utorrent open, I can't open any web pages. It's like it's too slow or something. It's gotta be some setting that I switched in there, but I can't figure out what the hell I did.......
So, I guess I'm saying that I wouldn't be able to open any pages for a few hours if I were downloading over a GB of stuff with Utorrent and I had a bunch of stuff to do on the innerwebs yesterday.

Could also be your cable company Fu$%^ng with you. By that I mean choking your connection.

Try a speed test here:

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

corey

I'll try the uninstall-reinstall thing when I get back in town on Sunday.

I've tried Azureus before but didn't like it.

searchinbig

LOOK UP!!!! ;)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Angry Ewok

QuoteAnyone put together any artwork for this yet???  :)

I plan to, but I've got some freelance jobs to finish up first. I did make an iPod album art graphic, though. It's really simplistic but I like it.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dhollensbe

^^Now that is very cool....thanks
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

Zzzzzzzz

Here is the MP3s of the XM source.  Sounds GOLD.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HQBQ45A1

Love Dogg

I think this looks great!  But I think we (as fans of this show) need to embrace the Friday the 13th aspect of it all.  It was F'awesome!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

wheelhousetunes

The picture at the steamengine site works good, too!

It's hard to get all those songs listed to fit on the back, though!!

And yes, this recording is awesome. With the availability of such great music at little effort to obtain in this day and age, I try and make myself not take it for granted!!!  :D

Thanks everyone!!!

Jellyfish

This source sounds great but you still gotta give much appreciation for the guy that stood in the rain and gave us the audience source.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Angry Ewok

Yeah, I'm keeping the audience source on my iPod... in so many ways I like it more than the XM version.

BH

Can someone give me a run down on the best quality version of the stream?  I see threads about some songs cutting off, and mp3 versions, and lossless copies of lossy formats.   Someone that has checked it all please help!  I want to do this only once if possible.  I already have the crowd recording but I would like to add this to my collection.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

The third version that was submitted in a single 200MB link via MegaUpload was the best by far. No weird audio pops, no songs cut off.

poto101

QuoteThe third version that was submitted in a single 200MB link via MegaUpload was the best by far. No weird audio pops, no songs cut off.

Is this the version posted on Thesteamengine???