Roll Call 7'' expected arrival?

Started by dsexauer, Nov 17, 2015, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Quote from: BH on Jan 13, 2016, 03:06 PM
Quote from: subinai on Jan 13, 2016, 09:31 AM
Quote from: BH on Jan 12, 2016, 05:58 PM
Strangely my records show that they played Down on the Bottom that night (9-8 at Shepard's Bush Empire) but didn't play Nothing To It until the two nights later at the Paradiso???    Subinai, can you confirm if both were played that night in London?

you are correct. my bad. i thought they played Nothing To It that night as well.

They may have.   They do sometimes stray from the setlist.   And if the 7" says they played, then they must have!

Can someone confirm that the 7" makes it look like both songs were from the London show?   Mine has not arrived in the mail yet.

Yeah, BH. Mine has it written on both sides. It says, London, England 9/8/2015. I listened to both songs for the first time last night to see if they sounded different any any observable way or if there was any talking "banter" from Jim about being in London. I don't really hear anything that would shed any light on that. They may have made a mistake with the labeling, or maybe both songs did happen that night. Maybe someone who was at that show (and was of the right state of mind to remember such things) may be able to confirm if both songs happened at the London show or not. Maybe Whiskeyknits (Erica) could. I know she went...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

subinai

i was at the show and was drinking sooooo........ :beer:

Clarkwork

Quote from: amskinz on Jan 13, 2016, 09:50 AM
Anyone else have an "Attention" on their order page for the 7"? I have this and contacted WU support to inquire. Their response was that they were informed my order contained an "exclusive item" and that they were holding shipment until they received it. They said it would ship by weeks end, and that I'd receive an email with tracking info as soon as it shipped. That's all it said, so I don't know if the "exclusive item" is the 7" itself, or something else all together.
Anyone else in the same boat???
Quote from: amskinz on Jan 13, 2016, 12:19 PM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Jan 13, 2016, 11:35 AM
I spoke to Wonerful Union and they said people who purchased the 18 month membership and then the 12 month one as well will receive a very limited addition bonus vinyl instead of receiving the 7" vinyl.  They did not say what it was but that is awesome news for me and whoever else bought both memberships!
Thanks for the heads up Clarkwork! It's refreshing to see our loyalty rewarded. Am I reading what you say correctly though? We'll receive a limited edition vinyl instead of the typical 7"? Or in addition to the 2015 7"? I'm happy with whatever it may be regardless, and to be a part of this wonderful community!

The artist that designed the artwork said he did 2 different versions of it so ideally we get both, but I do not know for sure?  Wait and see.  Regardless I'm happy just to have a vinyl and anything extra is just a bonus. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

TOOGANS

DOTB - Shepherds Bush

Nothin To It - Paradiso

I hope this clears things up.

BH

Quote from: TOOGANS on Jan 13, 2016, 07:43 PM
DOTB - Shepherds Bush

Nothin Too It - Paradiso

So you are saying the 7" is actually mislabled?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bluesky

I called wonderful union in late December because I hadn't received an email. I was told because I had ordered the deluxe package whatever that my 7" would be coming from another source. They did not tell me the name of that source. I got distracted by what I was taking as another GC/WU confusion and kind of mention "hey why don't you guys know this? isn't it WU that manages it all for the band?" Anyways, trying to call them today and no ones answering their phones.

buymycar

I recall at the end of 2014 that they "sold out" of the 18 month fan club. People were upset (and rightly so) that they wouldn't get the 2014 vinyl, so the fan club made a compromise and sold a brief membership (only 3 or 4 months) that allowed people to get the vinyl while they prepped the 2015 membership for sale. These people would then have to buy the 2015 membership to get the 2015 vinyl. Are these people eligible for the bonus vinyl?

The more I think about it, the more I feel disenfranchised by the fan club. The fan club should reward loyalty, but to everybody! Not just a select few. Maybe I am injecting my own bias here because the Ten Club has dumped their loyalty program in recent years, but I really question why I am in these fan clubs anymore. I bought a three day ticket for the SF shows through the fan club, but the Ticketmaster three day ticket came out cheaper. There's not even a promise of vinyl for the 2016 Roll Call! I guess Early Entry might be Roll Call's only saving grace.

Clarkwork

Well...I'm pretty pumped about it.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

buymycar

Quote from: Clarkwork on Jan 14, 2016, 10:40 PM
Well...I'm pretty pumped about it.

You should be! I'm not trying to drag anyone down (except myself? lol) with my posts, so I apologize if anyone feels that way.

subinai

if somebody encodes these for their personal use and wants to let me know how they sound that would be highly appreciated...............  :wink: ........................................   :wink: :wink:

amskinz

I don't want to turn this thread into a complaint department, but the WU inconsistencies do seem to be happening more often.
Another issue I have is seeing the 2015 7" on eBay already. Someone is asking $25 to start. It's unfortunate that maybe a fan isn't interested in vinyl, and feels this is the way to go about things. There are clearly many people in this community that would love to have it. But maybe  not at the expense of paying off most of someone's yearly Roll Call fee.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

MMJHQ

@amskinz
@buymycar

If you want to DM us or send an email to info@mymorningjacket.com we're happy to hear you out and find a solution to whatever issues with the fan club you're experiencing. Send us a note and we'll get right back to you.

-MMJHQ

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on Jan 14, 2016, 04:24 PM
Quote from: TOOGANS on Jan 13, 2016, 07:43 PM
DOTB - Shepherds Bush

Nothin Too It - Paradiso

So you are saying the 7" is actually mislabled?

Yes, if it says anything other than the above. Nothing To It was not until Paradiso.  :smiley:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

e-stone

I ordered the Deluxe Roll Call along with The Waterfall vinyl as a bundle last year - thru gnarleymail.com.  I've not received an email about a 7" and there is nothing on my Roll Call dashboard that even acknowledges my order from last year.

Anybody in the same boat, but has received the 7" or at least any info about it?

I've got a note into Wonderful Union about it, but i'm already prepared for the "contact gnarleymail" response.

jillyrose23

Same problem here. I emailed Wonderful Union on Monday and haven't heard back yet.

bluesky

Quote from: e-stone on Jan 20, 2016, 01:10 PM
I ordered the Deluxe Roll Call along with The Waterfall vinyl as a bundle last year - thru gnarleymail.com.  I've not received an email about a 7" and there is nothing on my Roll Call dashboard that even acknowledges my order from last year.

Anybody in the same boat, but has received the 7" or at least any info about it?

I've got a note into Wonderful Union about it, but i'm already prepared for the "contact gnarleymail" response.

after days of trying to get to WU via phone, I finally got through. They did not reply to my email either. WU only manages the website and roll call (?) I had ordered the deluxe, which they say was from Firebrand. Originally back in December they said Firebrand would be fulfilling my order. Today I was told that WU will be sending the 7". They are waiting on a new shipment of the 7" and are hoping to send them out in a week.

Honesty, if I didn't dig I would have no idea why I wasn't getting the 7" from WU. I bought the deluxe package bcs I wanted all the extras. I didn't know that this was coming from a different source. I wish that someone in the managing of the MMJ fanbase, be that WU or someone who manages the bands PR or whatever had a better handle on these things.

Gina

I've got my 18 month and my extension memberships saying that 7 inch vinyls are being shipped - but no dates, and no emails from anyone.

jillyrose23

I just got a reply from WU asking for my updated shipping address so they can send it to me. No mention of dates, etc. but I'll report back if I get more info. (I reupped my membership when I preordered)

littleacorn

I'm also in the waiting on some kind of info from WU camp. I emailed them two weeks back after folks started getting their address confirmation emails. I was asked my order number and when I gave them the Gnarly whatever one they quickly ended communication by telling me to contact them. So I emailed them and was told that WU was fulfilling these orders and I needed to contact them. :angry: I love this band but damn the fan club leaves much to be desired. I think this is punishment for asking for a discount on the $23 shipping for the boxset after it showing up 2 weeks after the release date.
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

Gina