Mar 23, 2019, 06:22 am

News:

If you're having login problems please make sure you're using forum.mymorningjacket.net and not mymorningjacket.net


thoughts, observations & reviews of The Beacon Shows

Started by headhunter, Nov 24, 2015, 10:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dexter

Quote from: mfc17 on Dec 10, 2015, 04:41 pm
mfc172 here. thanks for the nice words regarding the videos....to answer some of these questions, night two i was sitting in row A of the loge which worked out great because i had the low wall and railing right in front of me which allowed for unobstructed views and i was able to brace myself which definitely helped with the image stabilization. The camera itself does most of the work but it is somewhat on the larger side but the results make it all worth it.
i went to night 3 as well, but sat way too close and center to take video. wouldve felt really uncomfortable doing so.
did not go to night 4, so you must be thinking of someone else's footage from that night....
i may have 1 or 2 more videos from that night, but i posted what i thought was the best....
ive been to a handful of shows in the past and have taken video at all as well. if you search on youtube for "mfc172" or "MFSYNC172" you should be able to find those videos as well (note that the MFSYNC172 channel only contains videos that have been synced with either soundboard or superior audio). All the raw video files can be found on mfc172 YT page....

Thanks again. We need to collectively as a board get you row a loge for every beacon show ever

adam_pliskow

This was the video from row BB on Carl's side.  Good enough to have been mistaken for your work. 
Highly Suspicious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2p61fhx_t4


APR

Quote from: mfc17 on Dec 10, 2015, 04:41 pm
mfc172 here. thanks for the nice words regarding the videos....to answer some of these questions, night two i was sitting in row A of the loge which worked out great because i had the low wall and railing right in front of me which allowed for unobstructed views and i was able to brace myself which definitely helped with the image stabilization. The camera itself does most of the work but it is somewhat on the larger side but the results make it all worth it.
i went to night 3 as well, but sat way too close and center to take video. wouldve felt really uncomfortable doing so.
did not go to night 4, so you must be thinking of someone else's footage from that night....
i may have 1 or 2 more videos from that night, but i posted what i thought was the best....
ive been to a handful of shows in the past and have taken video at all as well. if you search on youtube for "mfc172" or "MFSYNC172" you should be able to find those videos as well (note that the MFSYNC172 channel only contains videos that have been synced with either soundboard or superior audio). All the raw video files can be found on mfc172 YT page....


I watched a few more clips last night.  All good stuff!  I checked your YT channel and realized I probably watched some of your PJ20 clips years ago.  Also good stuff!  I hope we're at more of the same shows in the future so I can go back in time (I wasn't at Beacon but we overlapped on some PJ).

mfc17

dont mean to derail everything, but to make it easier, here's a few links worth checking out....

It Makes No Difference with Brittany Howard - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA5Nwo3_kGs

Honest Man - Port Chester - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvYgThL3EM

Cobra - 12.02.11 San Francisco - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhgZnnHrM4s

12.31.08 Madison Square Garden (my first headlining MMJ show) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdGyrOK2z7k&list=PL70A840B9473E6938

Terminal 5 - One Big Holiday (soundboard) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEOn2BBDW34

Terminal 5 - Butch Cassidy (soundboard) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdZuboKajkQ

10.21.11 Terminal 5 - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL143760F9FA733C20

12.14.11 Madison Square Garden - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJmfyhV_Wrc&list=PLA0D4A6D5EEF9E5D2

12.28.12 Port Chester - Carried Away - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0_GkxozxMA

and i had also posted that entire Red Rocks soundboard show (i edited the files with the soundboard release which is superior to the streaming audio) but due to some copyright claims, i had to remove from YT. Anyone interested in that can PM me. I believe it is close to 38 gigs of footage overall.


parkervb

mfc17 - this could be a dumb question, but how did you get soundboard audio from the T5 shows?
Don't you ever turn it off

CountSA

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 11, 2015, 02:16 pm
mfc17 - this could be a dumb question, but how did you get soundboard audio from the T5 shows?


They sent out a song from each night awhile back, I forget what for though.

parkervb

Quote from: CountSA on Dec 11, 2015, 02:27 pm
Quote from: parkervb on Dec 11, 2015, 02:16 pm
mfc17 - this could be a dumb question, but how did you get soundboard audio from the T5 shows?


They sent out a song from each night awhile back, I forget what for though.



that's right. damn, I thought there might have been some secret sbds out there
Don't you ever turn it off

adam_pliskow

There is a live compilation floating around called My Moni.  That has all of the released live cuts from T5 plus some other gems.
http://mymorningjacket.net/index.php?topic=16216.0

gardenparty


sillyboob

Quote from: mfc17 on Dec 11, 2015, 11:12 am
dont mean to derail everything, but to make it easier, here's a few links worth checking out....

It Makes No Difference with Brittany Howard - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA5Nwo3_kGs

Honest Man - Port Chester - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvYgThL3EM

Cobra - 12.02.11 San Francisco - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhgZnnHrM4s

12.31.08 Madison Square Garden (my first headlining MMJ show) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdGyrOK2z7k&list=PL70A840B9473E6938

Terminal 5 - One Big Holiday (soundboard) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEOn2BBDW34

Terminal 5 - Butch Cassidy (soundboard) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdZuboKajkQ

10.21.11 Terminal 5 - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL143760F9FA733C20

12.14.11 Madison Square Garden - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJmfyhV_Wrc&list=PLA0D4A6D5EEF9E5D2

12.28.12 Port Chester - Carried Away - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0_GkxozxMA

and i had also posted that entire Red Rocks soundboard show (i edited the files with the soundboard release which is superior to the streaming audio) but due to some copyright claims, i had to remove from YT. Anyone interested in that can PM me. I believe it is close to 38 gigs of footage overall.




When I get home tonight my viewing is set!
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

dexter

Almost thanksgiving time in nyc. I walked by the beacon yesterday and just salivated at the idea of 4 shows there again sandwiching turkey day. I friggin loved that run.

CountSA

I was fortunate enough to meet and talk with Carl for a few minutes after his Boston show about a month ago.  I asked him what was going on with the Beacon recordings and he was surprised they weren't up on nugs/livedownloads.  Needless to say, it seems there isn't some grand box set on the horizon, or if there is, Carl is totally out of the loop on it.