thoughts, observations & reviews of The Beacon Shows

Started by headhunter, Nov 24, 2015, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

just setting up this thread as a place to post all observations on the Beacon Shows that begin tonight.

Looking forward to all 4 of these special shows and sharing it with so many of you.
Gonna need a vacation when this week is over.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

I'll start.  I've observed that I'm in fuckin' Iowa City and will miss yet another epic multi-night MMJ event...

I am, however, very happy for all of you who can manage these shows. 

Happy Thanksgiving.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

RastaRunner5

Thoughts: CAN'T WAIT
Observations: It's only 2PM
Reviews: This afternoon, although busting with anticipation, is moving too slow.

panack

Quote from: RastaRunner5 on Nov 24, 2015, 02:09 PM
Thoughts: CAN'T WAIT
Observations: It's only 2PM
Reviews: This afternoon, although busting with anticipation, is moving too slow.

yeah all of this

manonthemoon

Hope it is enjoyed by all who are making it out, these should be special.
Alive or Just Breathing

mahg33ta

I guess it's premature after only one, but night 1 is gonna be the one I wish I was at I bet

mrbluesky

Anyone know what time MMJ went on stage last night / how long after ticket time?  :beer:

jo_mama

Quote from: mrbluesky on Nov 25, 2015, 09:51 AM
Anyone know what time MMJ went on stage last night / how long after ticket time?  :beer:

Around 9:10

Stevie

Yeah, night one played out pretty much how I expected it to (very similar to SF and Austin night 1, but even better).  Didn't see Into the Woods coming though, especially after Jim just talked about it being in his dog house in that interview.  Maybe that was his way of messing with us. 

I'm guessing tonight will be pretty great as well, just no idea what direction they will go.

parkervb

I said on Twitter that "Never miss a Night 1" is Jacket's "Never miss a Sunday show"
Don't you ever turn it off

headhunter

Night 1 was as good as any Jacket show I've seen.  Ever.

No one sat and that setlist was insane.  Gonna be a helluva week!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: headhunter on Nov 25, 2015, 10:46 AM

It really was. I got a handful of tunes I was dying to hear and really wanted Into the Woods. The entire set was killer.

ericm

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Nov 25, 2015, 10:51 AM
Quote from: headhunter on Nov 25, 2015, 10:46 AM

It really was. I got a handful of tunes I was dying to hear and really wanted Into the Woods. The entire set was killer.

Can't add much more to this! Count me in as being blown away AGAIN!!

It was great seeing so many familiar faces and sharing  this show with everyone. Kudos  to a helluva crowd last night! The joint was packed to the last row, standing and rocking all night.  Here's to doing it agian, and again, and again!  :thumbsup:   :beer: 
"Where's Jim going?"

dookie shoot bandit

Thoughts on Night 2:

- ISM songs will replace heavy Z night 1.
- Will probably get a bunch of EU as well

I predict they open with Mahgeetah, to start off the It Still Moves night   :drum:

MOWJO8185

I wonder if we will get one more night of the slower start to knock out a few more of the deeper cuts. A start like Wonderful, Hopefully, By My Car, Death is the Easy Way, Get the Point, Like a River before going heavy.  I don't think we'll get the slower start on the weekend shows, but there's still a lot of slower, acoustic material to get though if they are in fact shooting for every song.

parkervb

I called At Dawn as Night 1 opener and I Mahgeetah is a good choice for Night 2. I could see Believe opening as well but maybe that's Night 3.

Don't you ever turn it off

Murph

So many highlights to choose from, but was that not the best version of Picture of You that anyone has ever heard.  It's crazy to see what that song has become... God I can't wait to do that all over again tonight