Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Looks like all the scuttlebutt was true!

2 Red Rocks Shows Announced!

Roll Callers! My Morning Jacket is proud to announce two new dates at the famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre on May 28 & 29. Ticket for these dates will go on sale to the public starting December 18, but Roll Call members will get exclusive first access to concert tickets and VIP packages TOMORROW!

Starting Tuesday, December 15, Roll Call members can purchase pre-sale concert tickets and VIP packages for the following dates:

May 28, 2016 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre
May 29, 2016 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

PRE-SALE TIMES
Deluxe Members: Tuesday, December 15 at 10am MST.
Digital Members: Tuesday, December 15 at 10:30am MST.
Don't you ever turn it off

staurie28

this is the best news ever!!  now comes the question of....do I try for the roll call tix or wait for the actual presale?  I would assume these will sell out....I've never gone to Red Rocks I need some guidance!

rdylanoconnor

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

raheuer

It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

adam_pliskow

This is what we all needed right about now!

JDUB

How about, can I get more than 1 days notice about a big event like this? No mention on price either.

DayDrinkin

To VIP, or not to VIP?  I've had the soundboard VIP treatment at Red Rocks for Thievery Corp and it's pretty good (The signed poster is a great bonus).  The first 20 rows or so will still be GA and will fill up with Roll Callers who line up hours before the show.

So the real question is, how long do I want to tailgate?

DayDrinkin

Not sure what to make of "onsite host"

APR

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 14, 2015, 09:20 AM
To VIP, or not to VIP?  I've had the soundboard VIP treatment at Red Rocks for Thievery Corp and it's pretty good (The signed poster is a great bonus).  The first 20 rows or so will still be GA and will fill up with Roll Callers who line up hours before the show.

Good questions.  With no wrong answers.

Does anyone have the code in their dashboard?  I do not.  Regular tix are probably great, but the signed poster without waiting in crazy lines is pretty cool.

DayDrinkin

Quote from: APR on Dec 14, 2015, 09:50 AM

Good questions.  With no wrong answers.

Does anyone have the code in their dashboard?  I do not.  Regular tix are probably great, but the signed poster without waiting in crazy lines is pretty cool.

Per email:

"A password will be required to purchase VIP packages for these shows. Members will find the password in their ACCOUNT DASHBOARD. Deluxe member passwords will be available starting at 9:55am MST. Digital members password will be available starting at 10:30am MST. "

CountSA

Quote from: JDUB on Dec 14, 2015, 09:20 AM
How about, can I get more than 1 days notice about a big event like this? No mention on price either.

This has really become my pet peeve with just about every concert now - Announce show, put tickets on sale the next day.

parkervb

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 14, 2015, 09:25 AM

my best guest is a some sort of concert concierge

parkervb

Quote from: CountSA on Dec 14, 2015, 09:57 AM
Quote from: JDUB on Dec 14, 2015, 09:20 AM

This has really become my pet peeve with just about every concert now - Announce show, put tickets on sale the next day.

the timing seems very odd to me and makes me wonder if it was moved up due to all the chatter? A lot of people have their budgets set for the holidays and all that and a post-holiday announcement seems like it would be better but I know nothing about the industry, just strikes me as odd

JDUB

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 14, 2015, 09:25 AM

The onsite host for the Vegas shows at Brooklyn Bowl was basically a waiter taking drink/food orders and bringing them right to you.

staurie28

Can someone who has been to RR before tell me how seating works?  Is it all GA or part GA?  My real question is do I have to buy my ticket with the group I am going to go with or can I buy my single ticket and then all go in together and sit together? 

parkervb

DayDrinkin

Quote from: staurie28 on Dec 14, 2015, 10:08 AM
Can someone who has been to RR before tell me how seating works?  Is it all GA or part GA?  My real question is do I have to buy my ticket with the group I am going to go with or can I buy my single ticket and then all go in together and sit together? 

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 14, 2015, 10:11 AM

The seating varies by event buy I don't see anything confirming this configuration for May MMJ.  The VIP section will be rectangle around "Mix" on that image.

Derek713

Where does that put the VIP section? Is it in front, behind, or on the sides of the soundboard?

parkervb

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 14, 2015, 10:15 AM
Quote from: staurie28 on Dec 14, 2015, 10:08 AM

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 14, 2015, 10:11 AM

The seating varies by event buy I don't see anything confirming this configuration for May MMJ.  The VIP section will be rectangle around "Mix" on that image.

that's the image for the link embedded in the announcement