Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DayDrinkin

Quote from: Derek713 on Dec 14, 2015, 10:15 AM
Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 14, 2015, 09:20 AM
To VIP, or not to VIP?  I've had the soundboard VIP treatment at Red Rocks for Thievery Corp and it's pretty good (The signed poster is a great bonus).  The first 20 rows or so will still be GA and will fill up with Roll Callers who line up hours before the show.

So the real question is, how long do I want to tailgate?

Where does that put the VIP section? Is it in front, behind, or on the sides of the soundboard?

Something like this

DayDrinkin

that's the image for the link embedded in the announcement
[/quote]

Thanks, I see it on the website now.  My homemade VIP section should still be fairly accurate.

Derek713

Thanks! I think you asked the right question.....How long do I want to tailgate?

staurie28

Ah I didn't even see the link to the seating chart the first time, thanks everyone!

walterfredo

Quote from: staurie28 on Dec 14, 2015, 10:08 AM
Can someone who has been to RR before tell me how seating works?  Is it all GA or part GA?  My real question is do I have to buy my ticket with the group I am going to go with or can I buy my single ticket and then all go in together and sit together? 

so as the image that parker posted shows, there is GA in the front and top, with reserved in the middle.  But I'm not sure how much the reserved is enforced.  I've seen 10+ shows at Red Rocks, it used to be all GA.  Last time I was there was for Phish in 2009, and most folks ignored the reserved seating stuff and it more or less became all GA.  I imagine jacket fans won't necessarily take this approach though.  Generally speaking, you want to avoid the top, it can get windy and the sound can bee poor up there. 

walterfredo

my question is this...for the VIP packages, you get to watch the whole show in an enclosed area by the soundboard?  No chance that it will be full if you get in close to show time?  I don't have the patience for the early entry and would like to walk in right before the show...will I still be able to walk into the VIP area and watch the show or does it require early entry?

staurie28

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 14, 2015, 10:26 AM
Quote from: staurie28 on Dec 14, 2015, 10:08 AM
Can someone who has been to RR before tell me how seating works?  Is it all GA or part GA?  My real question is do I have to buy my ticket with the group I am going to go with or can I buy my single ticket and then all go in together and sit together? 

so as the image that parker posted shows, there is GA in the front and top, with reserved in the middle.  But I'm not sure how much the reserved is enforced.  I've seen 10+ shows at Red Rocks, it used to be all GA.  Last time I was there was for Phish in 2009, and most folks ignored the reserved seating stuff and it more or less became all GA.  I imagine jacket fans won't necessarily take this approach though.  Generally speaking, you want to avoid the top, it can get windy and the sound can bee poor up there. 

Thank you!! great to know, was just thinking about how I wonder if the sound is ok up top or not.  I would assume they will do an early entry for roll call so I would hope the bottom GA doesn't fill up too quickly!  outside the first few rows obviously

DayDrinkin

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 14, 2015, 10:30 AM
my question is this...for the VIP packages, you get to watch the whole show in an enclosed area by the soundboard?  No chance that it will be full if you get in close to show time?  I don't have the patience for the early entry and would like to walk in right before the show...will I still be able to walk into the VIP area and watch the show or does it require early entry?

Yes, the area is roped off for the entire show, and depending on who is working security that night, they'll make sweeps throughout the show to make sure everyone in the section has a wristband.  One dude is a notorious hard-ass for removing people that sneek under the rope.

werduga

Does anyone know if the VIP allows re-entry? As in I'll grab my poster and go tailgate with my friends that don't care about VIP and then come back in to the show and sit in the designated section. 

DayDrinkin

Quote from: werduga on Dec 14, 2015, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know if the VIP allows re-entry? As in I'll grab my poster and go tailgate with my friends that don't care about VIP and then come back in to the show and sit in the designated section. 

FWIW, I had this VIP setup for Theivery Corp 2 years in a row at Red Rocks and the tickets and poster were picked up at Will Call before the show.  There was no re-entry.

gardenparty

Outstanding news.  It looks like no opener?

I will be attending I imagine but not a good time to spend money on tickets.  Will look for something in the new year.

parkervb

Quote from: gardenparty on Dec 14, 2015, 11:05 AM

I will be attending I imagine but not a good time to spend money on tickets.  Will look for something in the new year.

i think it's probably too early to say no openers.
Don't you ever turn it off

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

DayDrinkin

Quote from: Emb1528 on Dec 14, 2015, 11:23 AM
Is it May yet?!?!?!

No, but you can't entirely rule out snow in May for Red Rocks. :)

JacketJayhawk

Went to the August RR Show. Will for sure be road-tripping back out for this run in May! Def going to shoot for GA this time. Debating if the Roll Call will be worth it? Its an annual membership, so with them probably not doing a lot of shows the remainder of the year, I wonder if its worth it assuming I just make it to these two shows. I def see the value for the RR shows (early entry/poster) but if I can get GA tickets during the general public sale on Friday, I think I will be ok. I would have the wife / friends at the show that are not hardcore MMJ like I am and would want to tailgate with them prior to the show.

Either way, looks like Christmas came early!

gardenparty

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 14, 2015, 11:18 AM
Quote from: gardenparty on Dec 14, 2015, 11:05 AM

i think it's probably too early to say no openers.

You are probably right.   It just looked odd that they would list it like this on the event pages

Morrison , CO 80465
05/28/16  6:30 PM
Support: My Morning Jacket (headliner)

rincon2

There are thousands of GA seats. If you have Roll Call and purchase tickets presale, they are more than likely will call and non transferable. If you are traveling far like me, and it is 6 months away, it can be a risky purchase. Things happen in life. I think it would be safe to wait until regular sale for GA. I am not sure if my early entry pass will be valid or if I will need to re-up for Roll Call.

Stevie

hmmmmmm

i would love an opener if it's PHJB or somebody that has some horns.  It's time to bring the horns back to Red Rocks. 

If no horns, then let's just keep it MMJ

beardedwonder

SO PUMPED!!!

Going to be my first time at RR. Been wanting to go for YEARS!!!

WOW!!

Any special on stage ideas unfolding for this event?? Also looking for cool outdoor activities near Morrison/Denver. Possibly checking out Rocky Mountain NP pending weather. 
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

IndyJacket

My thoughts on some comments above.  Most likely they will have an opener, but still play the epic 3 hour show.   I'd love if they did a 2 set show, but only few bands I know do that.

Last, someone mentioned 'that they weren't sure how enforced reserved section are'  Many people are spending good money and travelling.  Please be respectful not to be in someone's seat.

Good luck with tickets everyone!