Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxemoana

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 15, 2015, 02:38 PM
Quote from: battleaxemoana on Dec 15, 2015, 02:36 PM
How does this American Express presale work?

Click the link, select the tix you want, and then use AMEX to pay for said tix.

I see what you did there.

jcc0065

Quote from: ruralt on Dec 15, 2015, 02:05 PM
I see a lot of people mentioning will call being a pain in the neck as far as relation to early entry. If you have the VIP thing will you even have to worry about early entry? I don't care about getting on the closest rows of the VIP section. My goal for 2016 was to be near the soundboard somewhere. In August, after a series of bizarre events, I ended up in upper GA, way up, and I still had the time of my life, so I don't care where I end up in the VIP section because there isn't a bad seat in that place. I'd really like to be able to chill out in the lot all afternoon and not worry about early entry.

yeah i have GA tix at will call, and a litte worried about making it to early entry. never been there before though so i wont complain regardless

talltyson

Scored two, 2 day Golden VIP's!  I was logged in right at 10am.  Thought i was going to get screwed as the website kept asking my age and wouldn't let me processes tickets, and there was no input for age or birthday....  The ticker was still going, so i refreshed page and lucky still kept my tickets and order went through..... thought i might have gotten screwed by refreshing, glad it worked ok for me.

Think the singed posters (MMJ Red Rocks posters are always bad ass, some of the best i have and i collect a lot of gig posters) and soundboard viewing make VIP worth the price, which i find very reasonable.  I not a huge fan of showing up early to shows as i'm pretty busy with work and family...

Pretty excited, seen MMJ 3 times at RR and they always killed it!  Missed the last two day Red Rocks event as i was at Lollapalooza.

So anyone want to speculate if we get a different set every night?  Or maybe a full album played?  Guessing so on different sets, i know the last time the played at the Rocks two nights in a row they ended up playing like 60 songs, and no repeats!  Will be good times!

ericm

Quote from: talltyson on Dec 15, 2015, 03:25 PM
Scored two, 2 day Golden VIP's!  I was logged in right at 10am.  Thought i was going to get screwed as the website kept asking my age and wouldn't let me processes tickets, and there was no input for age or birthday....  The ticker was still going, so i refreshed page and lucky still kept my tickets and order went through..... thought i might have gotten screwed by refreshing, glad it worked ok for me.

I had the same problem. When I set up the account it said birthday was optional, but I put in the month and day. It wouldn't let me enter the year so figuring it was optional, I just skipped that part, and made sure to check the box asking if I was over 13 or whatever. Then when I continued it kept asking my age but there was no way to go back and enter the year.  :huh: I refreshed a couple of times but by then the two day VIP was gone.

I ended up going back in and grabbing two for the 2nd night though,and happy about that but I didn't see an option to continue shopping. I checked out and went back in for night one but my code was invalid. Evidently you could only use it once. All in all a bit of everything for me. Some frustration and some good news. Definitely happy to have at least one of the nights.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

mentos

I had no problems.  Within a few minutes, I had paid for 3 VIP tickets and received my email confirmation.

talltyson

Quote from: ericm on Dec 15, 2015, 03:50 PM
Quote from: talltyson on Dec 15, 2015, 03:25 PM

I had the same problem. When I set up the account it said birthday was optional, but I put in the month and day. It wouldn't let me enter the year so figuring it was optional, I just skipped that part, and made sure to check the box asking if I was over 13 or whatever. Then when I continued it kept asking my age but there was no way to go back and enter the year.  :huh: I refreshed a couple of times but by then the two day VIP was gone.

I ended up going back in and grabbing two for the 2nd night though,and happy about that but I didn't see an option to continue shopping. I checked out and went back in for night one but my code was invalid. Evidently you could only use it once. All in all a bit of everything for me. Some frustration and some good news. Definitely happy to have at least one of the nights.  :beer:

Same thing, i did not enter in birthday when signing up for a account as it was optional and i also checked that i was over 13... and was kind of moving fast as i didn't know how much time i had....  some feed back this website needs to have, nobody should have lost tickets due to this error.  I got lucky.  I was thinking about doing VIP for night two only, and getting regular tickets for first night, but then decided to spend xmas cash i hopefully get!  Depending on how early you get to RR, and assuming we will get early in, you should get a great spot for night one.  Just plan on getting to RR early, the first 24 rows of ga can fill up fast.  Once that is full you have to sit in top ga, which is not were i want to be (imho), if windy sound can distort at Red Rocks when sitting in top half of venue.

jcc0065

adam_pliskow

Does anyone know what time the AMEX presale is tomorrow?

jcc0065

sue smith

Thank you MMJ for as this excitement will help me get through this long winter!  I scored 2 VIP for Saturday and GA for Sunday!  Very thankful tickets are secured because I  found great airfare last night and had already bought that.   We also booked a room in Golden, from what I can tell it is only about 6 miles from RR?

manonthemoon

Took a while but made it through with 2 two day VIPs, can't wait.
Alive or Just Breathing

jcc0065

staying at Cliff House Lodge pretty much right across from the park! cmon everyone!! its 420 friendly so i hear also [emoji6]

talltyson

Quote from: jcc0065 on Dec 15, 2015, 09:05 PM
staying at Cliff House Lodge pretty much right across from the park! cmon everyone!! its 420 friendly so i hear also [emoji6]

well, we are a 420 friendly state!  That looks like a good score for lodging, not many options close by.

mentos

Gonna stay downtown, but I'll swing by for a hot tub soak!

jcc0065

Quote from: mentos on Dec 15, 2015, 10:34 PM

Gonna stay downtown, but I'll swing by for a hot tub soak!

nothin better!

jcc0065

Quote from: talltyson on Dec 15, 2015, 10:21 PM

well, we are a 420 friendly state!  That looks like a good score for lodging, not many options close by.

im glad to hear you think so also, thought it was the best choice

Santo

Fifteen hours and counting in airports, but we got our tickets. The excitement resurrected a bad day.

jcc0065

can someone who was at the show in august give me a good estimate as to how many roll callers were in the early entry line?

this will be my first time doing a show with roll call, first at RR (really trying my hardest to get close), and will not be in denver till around 1130 AM Sat.

so that means i gotta have my gf save our spot in the roll call line, and then run and get the tix from will call? aahhh!!