Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

werduga

Was able to snag VIP night 2 (have to attend a wedding Sat). Had some friends sign up for Roll Call that didn't get tickets so they are pissed, but I'm pretty excited for my first RR experience! I'm glad VIP allows us to walk in later and still get a great seat after an extended tailgate.  People seem really concerned with will call at RR...is it a really slow process at the window?

ericm

Quote from: werduga on Dec 16, 2015, 12:14 AM
Was able to snag VIP night 2 (have to attend a wedding Sat). Had some friends sign up for Roll Call that didn't get tickets so they are pissed, but I'm pretty excited for my first RR experience! I'm glad VIP allows us to walk in later and still get a great seat after an extended tailgate.  People seem really concerned with will call at RR...is it a really slow process at the window?

I don't know how slow it is but the problem the time I was there was it wasn't open early enough. We got there in 2011 to tailgate and start an early entry line around 1:00 and I don't think Will Call opened til around 3:00-4:00. Fortunately we had a bunch of people there and had made friends with everyone else in line so when people had to leave the line to go get their tix, it wasn't a big deal to get back in line where they were originally. If I wasn't doing a VIP, I would definitely just do either the Amex or general sale to have tix in hand, and not worry about Will Call.

I'm with you on the option of going in later with the VIP as being a real nice perc. We can go in at early entry with RC friends if we want or hang back and go in later.  I like having the option to choose.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

HENRYH

Quote from: ericm on Dec 15, 2015, 03:50 PM
I had the same problem. When I set up the account it said birthday was optional, but I put in the month and day. It wouldn't let me enter the year so figuring it was optional, I just skipped that part, and made sure to check the box asking if I was over 13 or whatever. Then when I continued it kept asking my age but there was no way to go back and enter the year.  :huh: I refreshed a couple of times but by then the two day VIP was gone.

I ended up going back in and grabbing two for the 2nd night though,and happy about that but I didn't see an option to continue shopping. I checked out and went back in for night one but my code was invalid. Evidently you could only use it once. All in all a bit of everything for me. Some frustration and some good news. Definitely happy to have at least one of the nights.  :beer:

Is it too early or too late to be generally annoyed by the fact that you're going to Red Rocks?

Seriously, I'm conflicted....and I obviously need a hobby to divert my indignance...  😕

jcc0065

Quote from: ericm on Dec 16, 2015, 12:37 AM

I don't know how slow it is but the problem the time I was there was it wasn't open early enough. We got there in 2011 to tailgate and start an early entry line around 1:00 and I don't think Will Call opened til around 3:00-4:00. Fortunately we had a bunch of people there and had made friends with everyone else in line so when people had to leave the line to go get their tix, it wasn't a big deal to get back in line where they were originally. If I wasn't doing a VIP, I would definitely just do either the Amex or general sale to have tix in hand, and not worry about Will Call.

I'm with you on the option of going in later with the VIP as being a real nice perc. We can go in at early entry with RC friends if we want or hang back and go in later.  I like having the option to choose.  :thumbsup:

think ill be able to make it in the first 20 rows or so with early entry regardless?

thefudgefactory

Did anyone else that had the age issue when trying to checkout get charged twice? When it gave me the error that my age was needed I was able to click on my shopping cart and re-enter my card information and it went through without any error.  I received a confirmation email for my purchase of two 2-night VIP packages for a total of $478, but now I have two pending charges on my credit card for $478 each.

I'm waiting on CID to get back to me in regards to the issue, but was just curious if anyone else had been charged twice.

DayDrinkin

Quote from: thefudgefactory on Dec 16, 2015, 07:29 AM
Did anyone else that had the age issue when trying to checkout get charged twice? When it gave me the error that my age was needed I was able to click on my shopping cart and re-enter my card information and it went through without any error.  I received a confirmation email for my purchase of two 2-night VIP packages for a total of $478, but now I have two pending charges on my credit card for $478 each.

I'm waiting on CID to get back to me in regards to the issue, but was just curious if anyone else had been charged twice.

I had the "enter your age issue" and had to refresh the page to get my order to go through but I only have one pending charge on my credit card.

kholl44

Quote from: jcc0065 on Dec 16, 2015, 02:42 AM

think ill be able to make it in the first 20 rows or so with early entry regardless?

first 10 rows or so shouldn't be an issue... In August there were a TON of early entry folks but even after we all got in there was some spaces in the first ~20 rows
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

grjammer

That is good to know.  I am also assuming that it will not be an issue for one person to leave the early entry line to pick up tickets from will call when it opens if both of us get in line early.

It would be nice if they just opened will call earlier in the day to cut down on lines.  Does anyone recall when will call opened for the show in August?  Had the early entry line already formed prior to will call opening?

MikeR1390

I recall seeing someone say will call will be open at 2:30 for these shows.

grjammer

Quote from: MikeR1390 on Dec 16, 2015, 10:00 AM

That seems plenty early enough.  Hopefully it will be a non-issue in terms of lining up for early entry. 

ericm

Quote from: jcc0065 on Dec 16, 2015, 02:42 AM

Quote from: ericm on Dec 16, 2015, 12:37 AM

Yes.
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Quote from: MikeR1390 on Dec 16, 2015, 10:00 AM

I believe it was four hours before showtime when I went but that might've changed.
"Where's Jim going?"

itrainmonkeys

Really, really, really wish I could afford this. One year I'll make it out to Red Rocks. Jealous of everyone going. Should be epic.

ericm

Quote from: HENRYH on Dec 16, 2015, 12:51 AM
Quote from: ericm on Dec 15, 2015, 03:50 PM
I had the same problem. When I set up the account it said birthday was optional, but I put in the month and day. It wouldn't let me enter the year so figuring it was optional, I just skipped that part, and made sure to check the box asking if I was over 13 or whatever. Then when I continued it kept asking my age but there was no way to go back and enter the year.  :huh: I refreshed a couple of times but by then the two day VIP was gone.

I ended up going back in and grabbing two for the 2nd night though,and happy about that but I didn't see an option to continue shopping. I checked out and went back in for night one but my code was invalid. Evidently you could only use it once. All in all a bit of everything for me. Some frustration and some good news. Definitely happy to have at least one of the nights.  :beer:

Is it too early or too late to be generally annoyed by the fact that you're going to Red Rocks?

Seriously, I'm conflicted....and I obviously need a hobby to divert my indignance...  😕

Waaayyy too early.  :grin:

I'll send you a text or pm when I'm at the airport and you can fume away then if you haven't found that hobby yet.  :wink:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

does anyone have any info on the difference between the preseales today, specifically the difference between AMEX preferred seating and AMEX presale?

DayDrinkin

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 16, 2015, 11:30 AM
does anyone have any info on the difference between the preseales today, specifically the difference between AMEX preferred seating and AMEX presale?

http://www.axs.com/events/303446/my-morning-jacket-tickets/promos/70107

I can't tell any difference between the 2 AMEX from the link but it looks look they may be releasing some more VIP for those that missed out yesterday.

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 16, 2015, 11:30 AM

I can't speak to this show as it seems to me the preferred seating would be GA as that's closer. In past Amex presales  I've done for say the Beacon or MSG the preferred did have better seats, and sometimes they wanted a higher than basic Amex card to access it but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Using any Amex card should be fine.

It's possible the preferred seating they're offering for this might be the first couple of rows in reserved.

"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

thanks eric.  I'm after the first few rows of reserved.  Probably have to wait until Friday as I don't have an amex card and was trying to track down someone who had one to help.

e-stone

unable to purchase Sunday tickets after purchasing Saturday?  when did this shit get so frustrating!?

JacketJayhawk

Anyone else figure out the password to the Amex preferred? It says enter the phone number on the back of the card...I did and it wont go through? plz help