Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djp2m5

So what exactly is the AXS presale that goes on today at 10MST Time? And was anyone able to get the AMEX preferred to work? I tried mutiple times and was not able to get anything so i just some reserved seats on AMEX - Side note if you buy Reserved can you go into GA if you get there early?

Maxwell North

Quote from: djp2m5 on Dec 17, 2015, 09:37 AM
Side note if you buy Reserved can you go into GA if you get there early?
I am curious to know this as well. If you will be able to go into GA sections if you get there early?

jcc0065

Quote from: Maxwell North on Dec 17, 2015, 10:58 AM
I am curious to know this as well. If you will be able to go into GA sections if you get there early?

im gonna say no

DayDrinkin

Quote from: jcc0065 on Dec 17, 2015, 11:19 AM

im gonna say no

If it's General Admission, and if you're in the venue, anybody can sit there.  They don't make you go back and sit in your assigned seat like elementary school.

raheuer

in presale waiting room... am I gonna have to buy a separate ticket to each night or will there be two night passes available when the presale starts?
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

djp2m5

Do i need to have a code to buy the AXS presale? WTF

DayDrinkin

Quote from: djp2m5 on Dec 17, 2015, 12:03 PM
Do i need to have a code to buy the AXS presale? WTF

It's deuce. 

I got my GA's for Sunday but had to use my phone. Didn't like my work browser.

MMJTX

GOT MY RESERVED FOR BOTH NIGHTS UNGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anytime

Maxwell North

Is there a big difference or much of any difference from rows 29 or row 38? I have heard mix info on it's better to be in the 30's as you can see the whole view better. Where it is slightly more obstructed from the 20's. or it's better to be in the 20's for because sound is better? Or is there really no difference to even worry about? Any info on sound and viewing from these sections would be appreciated.

Stevie

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 17, 2015, 11:33 AM

im gonna say no

If it's General Admission, and if you're in the venue, anybody can sit there.  They don't make you go back and sit in your assigned seat like elementary school.

Yes, you could do this.  But in my opinion it's kind of a shitty thing to do.  It's super easy to score GA seats, so if you want GA just buy GA.  If you buy reserved and go to GA, provided it's sold out, you are one more person competing for a spot in that area that shouldn't be in that area to begin with.  Multiply that by a couple hundred and now everyone who bought GA originally has lost anywhere from one to a couple hundred places in line when it comes to getting the best spot. 

oistheone

Reminds me of a Jack White show at the Masonic Temple in Detroit a few years ago. People with reserved seats flooded the GA floor and by the time I got to the venue, the floor was hundreds of people over capacity and ushers had no idea how to handle it. I asked what I was supposed to do with my floor tickets and they just shrugged and said "sit anywhere, man!" Ended up rocking the whole show standing up on my seats in the very last row of the orchestra. Fun times.

ericm

Quote from: Stevie on Dec 17, 2015, 05:25 PM
Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 17, 2015, 11:33 AM

im gonna say no

Yes, you could do this.  But in my opinion it's kind of a shitty thing to do.  It's super easy to score GA seats, so if you want GA just buy GA.  If you buy reserved and go to GA, provided it's sold out, you are one more person competing for a spot in that area that shouldn't be in that area to begin with.  Multiply that by a couple hundred and now everyone who bought GA originally has lost anywhere from one to a couple hundred places in line when it comes to getting the best spot.

I'm with you on this Stevie, and the opposite scenario wouldn't be cool with me either. What if people bought reserved so they didn't have to deal with ga, and found people in their seats who bought ga's and didn't belong there?  Not cool either IMO.

I think there's plenty of both types of seating to go around, and people should buy what they want, and stay in that area. Unfortunately we all know that'll never be the case 100% of the time but it would be great if people at least were considerate enough to respect others who are where they're supposed to be.

"Where's Jim going?"

talltyson

Quote from: Maxwell North on Dec 17, 2015, 12:28 PM
Is there a big difference or much of any difference from rows 29 or row 38? I have heard mix info on it's better to be in the 30's as you can see the whole view better. Where it is slightly more obstructed from the 20's. or it's better to be in the 20's for because sound is better? Or is there really no difference to even worry about? Any info on sound and viewing from these sections would be appreciated.

Not a lot of difference, been in that area many times.  Offers a great view without being to far away from stage

talltyson

Regardless of being cool or not, you can move to ga with reserved tickets.  They don't check ga tickets.

DayDrinkin

I bought GA, so I'm just going to sit on Pat's bass drum.

JacketJayhawk

Anyone out there sit in GA at this past show in Aug?

I bought GA as well and want to tailgate with our friends who have reserved

Don't mind going in early to snag a decent seat, even if I am in the upper center of GA

Curious to know how early I should go in?

Don't want to walk in an hour or two before the show to find that I am the last one trying to find my GA seat

I am only Roll-Call digital right now, so don't have the laminate...

Free beer / Tailgate / Smoke for anyone who wants to save me and my wife 2 seats :wink:

raheuer

Quote from: JacketJayhawk on Dec 18, 2015, 09:42 AM
Anyone out there sit in GA at this past show in Aug?

I bought GA as well and want to tailgate with our friends who have reserved

Don't mind going in early to snag a decent seat, even if I am in the upper center of GA

Curious to know how early I should go in?

Don't want to walk in an hour or two before the show to find that I am the last one trying to find my GA seat

I am only Roll-Call digital right now, so don't have the laminate...

Free beer / Tailgate / Smoke for anyone who wants to save me and my wife 2 seats :wink:

My crew and I did GA in August, got to the venue about 2 hour prior to will call opening and just tailgated it up. It seemed like the Roll Call early admission was kinda late starting, I recall only getting in about 5 minutes before non RC got in, and we got some pretty killer seats.  That being said, there really truly isn't a bad seat in the house!
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

Stevie

This past summer, I got there about a half hour before early entry was supposed to go in.  The line was pretty long but I still managed to get in the first 24 rows.  It was strange, though, there was no VIP to my knowledge last time, yet they still had a massive chunk of rows 5 through 25 (give or take) roped off.  Wasn't like that in 2012. 

Quite honestly, as long as you get there for early entry you will be pleased with your seat. 

walterfredo

looks like none of the first sections of reserved will be available today.  I don't understand this.  I held off on buying presale in hopes of better reserved options today.  c'est la vie.

parkervb

got GAs for each night. Hopefully I can use them.
Don't you ever turn it off