Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DayDrinkin

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 18, 2015, 11:55 AM
looks like none of the first sections of reserved will be available today.  I don't understand this.  I held off on buying presale in hopes of better reserved options today.  c'est la vie.

They'll probably magically appear on stubhub.

ericm

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 18, 2015, 02:11 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 18, 2015, 11:55 AM
looks like none of the first sections of reserved will be available today.  I don't understand this.  I held off on buying presale in hopes of better reserved options today.  c'est la vie.

They'll probably magically appear on stubhub.

They already have.
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

My tickets just arrived in the mail. That's crazy!

Gmontag

Got RS for both nights never been to Red Rocks so super pumped. Got row 32 one night and 40 the other are these good? I've heard that there really isn't a bad seat in the house but I've also heard you don't want to be to high.

walterfredo

Pretty much where we are both nights too. Those seats will be fantastic.

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 19, 2015, 05:21 PM
Pretty much where we are both nights too. Those seats will be fantastic.

Agreed. You're pretty much just below half way up one night and just above that for the other. Great spot,IMO.
"Where's Jim going?"

bslaby1

So what do you people think, will this be considered part of the Waterfall tour or stand on its own?

jcc0065

Quote from: bslaby1 on Dec 19, 2015, 09:02 PM
So what do you people think, will this be considered part of the Waterfall tour or stand on its own?

i honestly think they may treat this like a mini One Big Holiday, but really have no idea

raheuer

Quote from: jcc0065 on Dec 19, 2015, 09:03 PM

Quote from: bslaby1 on Dec 19, 2015, 09:02 PM

i honestly think they may treat this like a mini One Big Holiday, but really have no idea
I have a hunch that you are right. With no OBH on the horizon, it seems like many of us are traveling all across the country for these. I can't wait to see what they pull out for this one!!!
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

Bulldog

Just locked down a room at this place we stumbled across, she mentioned they still have at least one cabin open if anyone's looking for a nice place to stay outside Denver....

http://www.thecabinsatcountryroad.com/The_Cabins_At_Country_Road___A_Unique_Retreat_By_The_Creek.html

And...as an added bonus its attached to a restaurant that appears to serve one helleva breakfast !!

As for the shows, I dont know that it matters if its Waterfall or not, either way you know its going to be no repeats and you know they are going to go balls out for both shows, hoping to see more of the deep cuts though.

jcc0065

i hope we see the technicolor jacket or something besides that darth vader robe make a comeback.

beardedwonder

While I hope there is no opener, and we get 3 hours of MMJ each night, if there is one my guesses are: Futurebirds or Ray Lamontague.

But, I think if they go the opener route than they should def go BIG:

I'd be very cool with 1st night Alabama Shakes and 2nd night Band of Horses.

Or a 2 night reunion of Monsters of Folk as openers w special guest Bob Weir.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

jcc0065

Quote from: beardedwonder on Dec 20, 2015, 03:42 PM
While I hope there is no opener, and we get 3 hours of MMJ each night, if there is one my guesses are: Futurebirds or Ray Lamontague.

futurebirds would be incredible!! seen them 9 times, and they are huge fans of mmj

staurie28

Quote from: jcc0065 on Dec 20, 2015, 04:03 PM

Quote from: beardedwonder on Dec 20, 2015, 03:42 PM

futurebirds would be incredible!! seen them 9 times, and they are huge fans of mmj

while I don't think a MoF reunion is happening, I would die happy seeing them open for MMJ at Red Rocks.

DayDrinkin

So the roll call for 2016 is already nearly at 60 after less than a week's notice after Aug 2015 got to 40.  What an epic weekend this will be!

Stevie

Openers

They COULD have two bigger names lined up to open each night but to me it seems if that were the case they would have announced them right away to ensure fast ticket sales. 

Or

Maybe they held off on announcing them to give Jacket fans the first shot at getting tickets.

Or

Maybe they are waiting to see how sales go on Jacket alone and will get a bigger name if they need to spike the sales. 

Time will tell.  Im excited to see how fast they can sell out two nights all on their own.

staurie28

Quote from: Stevie on Dec 21, 2015, 12:57 PM
Openers

They COULD have two bigger names lined up to open each night but to me it seems if that were the case they would have announced them right away to ensure fast ticket sales. 

Or

Maybe they held off on announcing them to give Jacket fans the first shot at getting tickets.

Or

Maybe they are waiting to see how sales go on Jacket alone and will get a bigger name if they need to spike the sales. 

Time will tell.  Im excited to see how fast they can sell out two nights all on their own.

According to the axs.com site, GA on Saturday is already sold out....but reserved is still available.  Sunday both are still available.  I sure hope MMJ can get two full sell outs without any opener announcement help!

walterfredo

Educated guess makes me say no opener.  They would have announced them with the show announcement.  I hope I'm right... "An Evening With" is much preferred.

ericm

Quote from: staurie28 on Dec 21, 2015, 01:35 PM
Quote from: Stevie on Dec 21, 2015, 12:57 PM
Openers

Or

Or

According to the axs.com site, GA on Saturday is already sold out....but reserved is still available.  Sunday both are still available.  I sure hope MMJ can get two full sell outs without any opener announcement help!

I have no doubt these shows will sell out. Considering they're still 5 months away, and it's a tricky time of year for some and their cash flow, I think they're well on their way to sell outs.

I know this is their board and full of fans but to have a Roll Call at near 60 this close to onsale and so far ahead of the shows is a great sign towards selling out both nights,IMO.
"Where's Jim going?"

GO4IT

It will definitely sell out if there are no other shows on the horizon.  I think that's the key, although it will probably happen even if other gigs are scheduled, given the growing legend of them playing at Red Rocks.  I can't wait to experience it myself, up close and personal!  Yesterday I booked the whole deal for me and the Ms - flights, hotel and rental car (yes, one that will hold 4 of you in the back seat if needed :grin:).  Remember, it's Memorial Day Weekend, so things may book up and get more expensive soon.

BTW, it's great to see a lot of new names joining the forum recently and posting and getting on the Red Rocks Roll Call :thumbsup:   Welcome, and see you all in May :beer:

ONLY FIVE MORE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!