Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: GO4IT on Dec 21, 2015, 10:07 PM
It will definitely sell out if there are no other shows on the horizon.  I think that's the key, although it will probably happen even if other gigs are scheduled, given the growing legend of them playing at Red Rocks.  I can't wait to experience it myself, up close and personal!  Yesterday I booked the whole deal for me and the Ms - flights, hotel and rental car (yes, one that will hold 4 of you in the back seat if needed :grin:).  Remember, it's Memorial Day Weekend, so things may book up and get more expensive soon.

BTW, it's great to see a lot of new names joining the forum recently and posting and getting on the Red Rocks Roll Call :thumbsup:   Welcome, and see you all in May :beer:

ONLY FIVE MORE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you there man.  :thumbsup: Got tix, car, and hotel squared away but holding off on my flight for now. Gotta see how much time off exactly I'll be able to swing. Have some extra time on both ends for the car and hotel built in to enjoy CO for a bit if I can swing the time.

Can't wait, and looking forward to seeing you and the Mrs again.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 19, 2015, 02:50 PM
My tickets just arrived in the mail. That's crazy!

Mine just arrived today here in Jersey!

I've never gotten tix delivered this quick! Well done AXS.  :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Quote from: ericm on Dec 22, 2015, 03:48 PM

That's what $3.50 gets you... A ticket or two in a small envelope sent first class mail after a computer-generated printout.  I like getting them early, but shouldn't the nearly $16 fee have been enough to cover the cost of mailing?  Hell, they charged $3.50 for will call!  I love when $45 tickets cost $64.20...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 22, 2015, 05:35 PM

That's what $3.50 gets you... A ticket or two in a small envelope sent first class mail after a computer-generated printout.  I like getting them early, but shouldn't the nearly $16 fee have been enough to cover the cost of mailing?  Hell, they charged $3.50 for will call!  I love when $45 tickets cost $64.20...

No argument there John.  :smiley:

Definitely sucks paying $3.50 for having them mailed but I'll take that every time over paying the same price for Will Call.

I don't even want to get into fees but I like how some bands do it. When I saw Steely Dan at the Beacon a few times, all the fees were included in the price. I think they were listed at $99 and that's what I paid at checkout. Never even saw how much of that was towards fees even though I know some of it was. I still ended up paying  the same amount no doubt but it just sat better with me not seeing all the fees or like you said, seeing a $45 ticket cost almost $65 when all is said and done.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

Red Rocks first timer here. I got a GA for night 2, but saw that night 1 GA was sold out. Assuming it won't be hard to find a ticket on stubhub or whatever, even if I have to pay a little extra?

Also, how easy will it be to get close? As in, first 30ish rows.

talltyson

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Dec 25, 2015, 06:58 PM
Red Rocks first timer here. I got a GA for night 2, but saw that night 1 GA was sold out. Assuming it won't be hard to find a ticket on stubhub or whatever, even if I have to pay a little extra?

GA is row 1-24 and 61-69.  You need to be at venue when gates open to get rows 1-24.  If you really want good, like center, rows 1-15 seats you need to get in line before doors open.  For getting secondary tickets, i would wait till week of show.  With two shows, i'm guessing there are going to be some tickets floating around.  And you may even find some at list on this board.

Soulshine

Quote from: talltyson on Dec 28, 2015, 09:05 PM

GA is row 1-24 and 61-69.  You need to be at venue when gates open to get rows 1-24.  If you really want good, like center, rows 1-15 seats you need to get in line before doors open.  For getting secondary tickets, i would wait till week of show.  With two shows, i'm guessing there are going to be some tickets floating around.  And you may even find some at list on this board.

Agreed. Please dont buy tickets off stubhub, esp for a little extra. I would wait to see what you can find as it gets closer, esp here. I know its nerve-wracking to wait until day of show, but I'm sure there will be some in the lot as well. If I still have an extra I will sell it to you face + fees.
Because we're all in this together...

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

DayDrinkin

Quote from: Soulshine on Dec 29, 2015, 10:22 AM
Quote from: talltyson on Dec 28, 2015, 09:05 PM

Agreed. Please dont buy tickets off stubhub, esp for a little extra. I would wait to see what you can find as it gets closer, esp here. I know its nerve-wracking to wait until day of show, but I'm sure there will be some in the lot as well. If I still have an extra I will sell it to you face + fees.

Follow the MMJ Fan Club on Facebook.  Lots of face value tickets floated in and out for the August Red Rocks show.

Soulshine

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 29, 2015, 11:27 AM
cashortrade.org is solid

Yes.

I don't do F book, but I'm sure DayDrinkin is right too
Because we're all in this together...

parkervb

Quote from: Soulshine on Dec 30, 2015, 09:46 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Dec 29, 2015, 11:27 AM
cashortrade.org is solid

Yes.

I don't do F book, but I'm sure DayDrinkin is right too

he is, i got great loge seats for Beacon night 4 at face via the group
Don't you ever turn it off

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Quote from: ericm on Dec 30, 2015, 04:13 PM

I don't do F book,

Ahh a kindred spirit.  :cool:

Hey, Soulshine!  You, Eric, and Walter. 

I'm bummed so many great old timers from the Forum gave up on this place for Facebook (or less online time, which is a good thing).  I think folks like having one social media site for all their interests.  Others didn't like when new members showed up.  Of course, the Forum occasionally gets stupid with in-fighting and insults, unlike Facebook...    :tongue:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jcc0065

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 31, 2015, 06:09 PM
Quote from: ericm on Dec 30, 2015, 04:13 PM

I don't do F book,

Ahh a kindred spirit.  :cool:

Hey, Soulshine!  You, Eric, and Walter. 

I'm bummed so many great old timers from the Forum gave up on this place for Facebook (or less online time, which is a good thing).  I think folks like having one social media site for all their interests.  Others didn't like when new members showed up.  Of course, the Forum occasionally gets stupid with in-fighting and insults, unlike Facebook...    :tongue:

totally agree! but new members is nothing but good, right?

rincon2

I printed mine for free the day I bought them. Is there some inherent disadvantage to that that i am not aware of. I only ask because it remedies any extra fee, and no one is mentioning it.

ericm

Quote from: rincon2 on Jan 01, 2016, 01:58 PM

I printed mine for free the day I bought them. Is there some inherent disadvantage to that that i am not aware of. I only ask because it remedies any extra fee, and no one is mentioning it.

Well speaking just for myself, old habits are hard to break and I just like having an actual "hard" ticket in hand as opposed to a printed out paper one. I don't really even collect stubs, just like the ticket better, and while I would prefer free shipping, the $3.50 isn't gonna break me or cause me to not get it.
"Where's Jim going?"

rincon2

Quote from: ericm on Jan 01, 2016, 02:41 PM
Quote from: rincon2 on Jan 01, 2016, 01:58 PM

Well speaking just for myself, old habits are hard to break and I just like having an actual "hard" ticket in hand as opposed to a printed out paper one. I don't really even collect stubs, just like the ticket better, and while I would prefer free shipping, the $3.50 isn't gonna break me or cause me to not get it.
I guess that makes sense. All I know is will call is very risky for those of us traveling half way across country. No one is traveling all the way across the country now that I think about it. A lot can happen in the next five months, and not being able to sell your ticket if needed is nuts.

ruralt

Quote from: Gmontag on Dec 19, 2015, 02:57 PM
Got RS for both nights never been to Red Rocks so super pumped. Got row 32 one night and 40 the other are these good? I've heard that there really isn't a bad seat in the house but I've also heard you don't want to be to high.

I was in upper GA last year and I still had a blast. It was a little windy and I've heard people complain that the sound is shit up near the top but I honestly didn't notice. The sound was massive even up there. View sucked for viewing the band, but view was great for viewing the world.

After that evening, I figured reserved seating would be ideal - you get a better view of the band, and you don't have to put up with GA bullshit. Sounds like you got some pretty good rows - closer to the stage than not. You'll have a great time!

Bulldog

Soooo for those of us who have not been to CO before and are thinking of taking a couple days after to explore the area, any ideas?

Were thinking of heading to Steamboat or somewhere "up in the mountains" for a couple days, maybe do the white water rafting thing or something.

More than receptive to any insight any locals may have. Staying in Evergreen for the shows and the day after.

jcc0065

Quote from: Bulldog on Jan 02, 2016, 11:15 PM
Soooo for those of us who have not been to CO before and are thinking of taking a couple days after to explore the area, any ideas?

Were thinking of heading to Steamboat or somewhere "up in the mountains" for a couple days, maybe do the white water rafting thing or something.

More than receptive to any insight any locals may have. Staying in Evergreen for the shows and the day after.

steamboat is absolutely amazing, but is a good 3-4 hours from denver. if you can do it, go for it!

Although not a ski town, my personal favorite is boulder. its like a cleaner, hippy version of new orleans! easy access to rocky mtn national park and only 45 min north of denver.

BTW, i live in alabama, but have made a couple trips out there the last few years.