Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshine

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 21, 2016, 06:16 PM
Quote from: Soulshine on Jan 21, 2016, 05:27 PM
I read every thread on the forum before I ever joined. I totally agree with this:  I always felt the forum allowed me to get to know so many other fans based on their thoughts, ideas, knowledge, obsession and excitement.

Oh shit, you read all of that embarrassing stuff I wrote before you joined and so I started holding back when I knew you were reading it? Terrible!  :wink:

YES!!! I was lurking and judging, judging and lurking  :grin:

You we're immediately one of my favorites actually!  :wink:
Because we're all in this together...

bluesky

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 20, 2016, 08:56 AM
Quote from: Soulshine on Jan 19, 2016, 06:22 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 31, 2015, 06:09 PM
Quote from: ericm on Dec 30, 2015, 04:13 PM
Quote from: Soulshine on Dec 30, 2015, 09:46 AM

I don't do F book,

Ahh a kindred spirit.  :cool:

Hey, Soulshine!  You, Eric, and Walter. 

I'm bummed so many great old timers from the Forum gave up on this place for Facebook (or less online time, which is a good thing).  I think folks like having one social media site for all their interests.  Others didn't like when new members showed up.  Of course, the Forum occasionally gets stupid with in-fighting and insults, unlike Facebook...    :tongue:

johnnYYac!!!!! Less online time.... Even when I'm not around I'm always thinking about all of you! I will be bringing plenty of water for Red Rocks!  :thumbsup: Cant wait to see you again!  xoxoxo

I just deleted my Facebook, at least for a month. The fan page is full of newbies who wold do well to read the catalog that is this forum. And a private group that I am a member of is now full of people I do not know. FB moves much faster and I don't think people speak as freely (maybe they only do to like minds) I always felt the forum allowed me to get to know so many other fans based on their thoughts, ideas, knowledge, obsession and excitement.

Soulshine, I don't think RR is in the cards for me this spring. There is gonna be too much going on at work then. Will miss being there and seeing your smiling face!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I will miss you Valerie! I will be hoping something changes!  :cry:

I read every thread on the forum before I ever joined. I totally agree with this:  I always felt the forum allowed me to get to know so many other fans based on their thoughts, ideas, knowledge, obsession and excitement.

I will mss seeing you too!!!!!! I actually didn't delete my FB bcs damn it, they won't let me keep messenger. I also lurked the forum for like a year bf i joined. then i did so i could ask a question which lead to me meeting Pennylane!

headhunter

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 22, 2016, 11:22 PM

I don't do F book,

I'm bummed so many great old timers from the Forum gave up on this place for Facebook (or less online time, which is a good thing).  I think folks like having one social media site for all their interests.  Others didn't like when new members showed up.  Of course, the Forum occasionally gets stupid with in-fighting and insults, unlike Facebook...    :tongue:

johnnYYac!!!!! Less online time.... Even when I'm not around I'm always thinking about all of you! I will be bringing plenty of water for Red Rocks!  :thumbsup: Cant wait to see you again!  xoxoxo

I just deleted my Facebook, at least for a month. The fan page is full of newbies who wold do well to read the catalog that is this forum. And a private group that I am a member of is now full of people I do not know. FB moves much faster and I don't think people speak as freely (maybe they only do to like minds) I always felt the forum allowed me to get to know so many other fans based on their thoughts, ideas, knowledge, obsession and excitement.

Soulshine, I don't think RR is in the cards for me this spring. There is gonna be too much going on at work then. Will miss being there and seeing your smiling face!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I will miss you Valerie! I will be hoping something changes!  :cry:

I will mss seeing you too!!!!!! I actually didn't delete my FB bcs damn it, they won't let me keep messenger. I also lurked the forum for like a year bf i joined. then i did so i could ask a question which lead to me meeting Pennylane!

AND ME!    :) :)

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Jbpats

Does anybody know how the view is from the far right at red rocks? Found some seats in reserved row 25 but the seat numbers are 10-15, I'm thinking they might be too far right but never been to red rocks to know for sure.
Contemplating just going GA for night 1 but would rather tailgate then wait in lines for a good spot. Realistically what time do you have to get in line to not be stuck at the top?
I have dead center row 36 for night 2 which I'm thrilled about, just want to make sure I get night 1 right since this will be the red rocks experience I've been waiting for since 1996!

bluesky

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 23, 2016, 10:10 AM
Quote from: bluesky on Jan 22, 2016, 11:22 PM

I don't do F book,

I met you are few years later Headhunter  :kiss:

AND ME!    :) :)

We meet a little later on Headhunter. So glad it was at a very special show!!!! xox

talltyson

Quote from: Jbpats on Jan 23, 2016, 03:56 PM
Does anybody know how the view is from the far right at red rocks? Found some seats in reserved row 25 but the seat numbers are 10-15, I'm thinking they might be too far right but never been to red rocks to know for sure.
Contemplating just going GA for night 1 but would rather tailgate then wait in lines for a good spot. Realistically what time do you have to get in line to not be stuck at the top?
I have dead center row 36 for night 2 which I'm thrilled about, just want to make sure I get night 1 right since this will be the red rocks experience I've been waiting for since 1996!

View of surrounding will be fine.  Stage view would be just ok imho.  I like to be in the middle or 20 seats or so from the middle.  Row 25 is not bad, pretty much the first or second row for reserved seating.  I would buy them for list and not much more.  I really do think tickets will be floating around the week of show.

Jbpats

Realistically what time do you need to get in line or walk into the venue without being stuck in the back GA section? Say opener goes on at 7:30 and MMJ 9:00. Do you need to be in the venue by the start of the opener?
I realize this is all hypothetical, just hoping to base opinions on previous experiences

talltyson

Quote from: Jbpats on Jan 25, 2016, 10:06 AM
Realistically what time do you need to get in line or walk into the venue without being stuck in the back GA section? Say opener goes on at 7:30 and MMJ 9:00. Do you need to be in the venue by the start of the opener?
I realize this is all hypothetical, just hoping to base opinions on previous experiences
Been to RR about 30 times, I live in Denver.  Mostly MMJ, Wilco, Jack White type bands, popular shows sometimes sold out, sometimes close to being sold out.  Due to kids and work, I only buy reserved seating at Red Rocks shows, I just don't have a lot of time in the day to get to venue early.

You need to be in line, or heading towards the line when the doors open at 630pm.  And Expect a 20 + minute hike, mostly uphill, sometimes steep, from parking lot.  If you show up when the opening band is starting, add 15-20 minutes in line at gates.  And will be hard to get lower GA, might luck out if you are solo, or have someone holding a seat for you.

talltyson

and while tailgating is fun, and beers are expensive inside venue like anywhere else, there will be plenty of other things to do inside the Rocks, trust me!   :cheesy:

Jbpats

Quote from: talltyson on Jan 26, 2016, 03:16 AM
Quote from: Jbpats on Jan 25, 2016, 10:06 AM
Been to RR about 30 times, I live in Denver.  Mostly MMJ, Wilco, Jack White type bands, popular shows sometimes sold out, sometimes close to being sold out.  Due to kids and work, I only buy reserved seating at Red Rocks shows, I just don't have a lot of time in the day to get to venue early.

You need to be in line, or heading towards the line when the doors open at 630pm.  And Expect a 20 + minute hike, mostly uphill, sometimes steep, from parking lot.  If you show up when the opening band is starting, add 15-20 minutes in line at gates.  And will be hard to get lower GA, might luck out if you are solo, or have someone holding a seat for you.

Thanks for this! I am definetely starting to feel that reserved is the way to go at RR, especially for my group who doesn't want to get in line at noon just to get a good spot up front.
Is there a seperate line for folks with reserved seats or is it one line for all?
I wish the system was backwards and reserved was up front and GA was in the mid-back rows but it is what it is, i'm just happy I finally get to go.

Crispy

If you do go with reserved seats, I'd recommend parking in the upper north lot, as you can then enter from the top and go down and not have to do that hefty hike up. That lot will probably be full though if you're thinking of getting there after gates open. There are no separate lines by ticket type at the various entry points, except for the Roll Call early entry line, which I assume will again come from the upper south lot.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Jbpats

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 26, 2016, 11:41 AM
If you do go with reserved seats, I'd recommend parking in the upper north lot, as you can then enter from the top and go down and not have to do that hefty hike up. That lot will probably be full though if you're thinking of getting there after gates open. There are no separate lines by ticket type at the various entry points, except for the Roll Call early entry line, which I assume will again come from the upper south lot.

Thank you for the feedback here. Even though i'll be traveling from Boston I will be holding out for better opportunities for the Saturday show. Tickets are sky high right now and its absurd you dont get seat numbers for reserved tickets on ticket agency sites, no way i'm going to pay 2X's face and be on the far left or far right.
Out of curiosity, what is up with the Handicapped seating? Is this enforced whatsoever? just checking stubhub or vividseats i see handicapped seats in the row 1 for $400+ each. I'd assume Red Rocks staff kicks you out if you aren't disabled but after watching the MMJ RR show from last summer I didnt see one person in a wheelchair in the front row. I guess if you're willing to pay $400-500 to sit there you should be able to stay.. but man it just seems wrong to me on so many levels.

talltyson

Not sure about the Handicapped seats, and how they regulate the seats.  I would be nervous buying them and not know what will happen.  I'm guessing there has to be some kind of check and balance, but who knows.

Like Crispy said, the upper north parking lot is ideal, and i'm guessing the line is shorter, as its hard to get there unless you get there early and get a parking spot at Upper North Parking lot.  I have never been early enough to get to the top parking lot, so guessing you need to be get into park early, many years past i would get to venue early, and still the Upper North Parking would be full.  Per website parking is open 3 hours before show starts, and i'm not sure how they manage parking, as the park is open to the public for free in the mornings and early afternoon on a show night for visitors not attending a show.

Map of park.
http://redrocksonline.com/images/wygwam/RR_2014_brochure_TR.pdf

You show up early, you can park anywhere.  If you show up right before opening band starts, you will be parking in Upper South Lot, or possibly Lower South #1 or #2.  Upper South Lot is not too bad, but still a hike.  Lower South is a long hike, like i said 20 minutes from line.

Another map, close up of venue only.
http://redrocksonline.com/images/wygwam/RR_2014_brochure_FB.pdf

There are three entrances.  All open at the same time, all first come first serve in line, no matter your ticket.  Now they are probably having early in for Roll Call members, so members get early in, i cannot speak of that, speaking in general....  Top Circle entrance, which places you at the visitors center, and top of venue, you can really only get there if you get to venue early and park in Upper North Lot, or like hiking awhile.  If you cannot get to Upper Lot you will enter South Ramp entrance or North Trail entrance.  South Ramp entrance is most definitely the "main entrance", count on a long line.  Recently, although i'm getting to venue when first band is starting, North Trail entrance seems to have a much shorter line, and really not out of the way Vs. South Ramp, if you are parked in Lower South #1 or #2.  Kind of a secret, that many people don't know about, as people follow the signs to the South Ramp/Main Entrance, also that is where the mass of people are heading, so you get heard mentality.  So my little tip is to go in North Trail entrance.

talltyson

Also, keep in mind, anyone that has WILL CALL tickets, like myself, you stop before you park and get tickets at Will Call, which is only availability off of hwy 93 east of venue.  THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE WILL CALL IS LOCATED.

Off hwy 93.  By the number 2.  And expect a wait time if you are showing up when opening band starts or just before.  Then count 10 minutes for parking, then 20 minute hike to line, and then who knows, 10-20 minutes at line.  Just get to venue early if you can!

GO4IT

Maybe I'm the last one to discover this but I've been checking on reserved seats for a while to see what gets released and just saw the "AXS Premium" choice for RR tix.  Last night they had dead center, row 25 for about 50% more than GA with fees included for Sun night.  Sat was significantly higher, so for now I'm sticking with my GA tix for that night. So, naturally, I snagged the two reserved for Sun. :thumbsup:

talltyson

that sounds like AXS is scalping tickets, or their secondary re-seller site.  Reserved seating is only $5-$10 more per ticket then GA, although hard to get good reserved seats unless you get lucky and buy right when tickets are released.  I'm good at getting tickets, and usually cannot score that good unless i'm a fan club member of a band and get a special presell.  Dead center row 25 is about the best you can get for reserved, so paying the surplus is probably worth it.

grjammer

Quote from: talltyson on Jan 26, 2016, 10:03 PM
Also, keep in mind, anyone that has WILL CALL tickets, like myself, you stop before you park and get tickets at Will Call, which is only availability off of hwy 93 east of venue.  THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE WILL CALL IS LOCATED.

Off hwy 93.  By the number 2.  And expect a wait time if you are showing up when opening band starts or just before.  Then count 10 minutes for parking, then 20 minute hike to line, and then who knows, 10-20 minutes at line.  Just get to venue early if you can!

Is is possible to walk/hike from the area where the early entry line will be located to the will call location?  I am just wondering if folks will want to get in the early entry line before will call opens and how difficult it will be to send someone to pick up tickets from will call once the window opens.  I don't know that we will necessarily want to get in the early entry line that early but I had not considered the possibility that the will call location would be so far from the early entry line location. 

Also, we are considering getting to the park in the morning and just exploring the area earlier in the day before the show on Saturday.  Will we be able to leave our vehicle where we parked when we arrived in the morning?  I'm wondering if they clear the parking lots in the afternoon before the majority of the concert traffic starts arriving. 

Thanks to everyone providing information regarding the RR logistics in this thread.  It is very helpful!

walterfredo

My red rocks suggestion (which we've done the last few times), go in with a bunch of friends and rent a limo. They drop you off and pick you up right at the top north lot, couldn't be easier, and you don't have to drive.  :thumbsup:

GO4IT

Quote from: talltyson on Jan 26, 2016, 11:56 PM
that sounds like AXS is scalping tickets, or their secondary re-seller site.  Reserved seating is only $5-$10 more per ticket then GA, although hard to get good reserved seats unless you get lucky and buy right when tickets are released.  I'm good at getting tickets, and usually cannot score that good unless i'm a fan club member of a band and get a special presell.  Dead center row 25 is about the best you can get for reserved, so paying the surplus is probably worth it.

Those row 25 dead center tix were only $26 more (all fees included) than the less desirable reserveds I've been seeing all along and for sale elsewhere.  Given what I'm paying for plane, hotel, car, etc. this is a drop in the bucket.

Jbpats

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 27, 2016, 12:09 PM
My red rocks suggestion (which we've done the last few times), go in with a bunch of friends and rent a limo. They drop you off and pick you up right at the top north lot, couldn't be easier, and you don't have to drive.  :thumbsup:

There is no chance my group will be driving either night. I'm hoping that the party bus posted on an earlier thread by Mentos works out if not we'll be looking into other options.
If others are interested in getting a party bus let me know.. again with the assumption that the other one doesn't get off the ground.
http://mymorningjacket.net/index.php/topic,20025.0.html