Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbpats

Quote from: GO4IT on Jan 27, 2016, 12:30 PM
Quote from: talltyson on Jan 26, 2016, 11:56 PM
that sounds like AXS is scalping tickets, or their secondary re-seller site.  Reserved seating is only $5-$10 more per ticket then GA, although hard to get good reserved seats unless you get lucky and buy right when tickets are released.  I'm good at getting tickets, and usually cannot score that good unless i'm a fan club member of a band and get a special presell.  Dead center row 25 is about the best you can get for reserved, so paying the surplus is probably worth it.

Those row 25 dead center tix were only $26 more (all fees included) than the less desirable reserveds I've been seeing all along and for sale elsewhere.  Given what I'm paying for plane, hotel, car, etc. this is a drop in the bucket.

yea definitly a good deal all things considered. I saw those tickets the other day but they didnt have 3 or 4 together which i thought was somewhat strange.

kotchishm

Question for everyone.

We originally bought reserved tickets (four of them) but had two additional people jump on late and got GA. Can reserved people sit in GA? Would people there be willing to trade GA for reserved?
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Jbpats

Quote from: kotchishm on Jan 27, 2016, 05:00 PM
Question for everyone.

We originally bought reserved tickets (four of them) but had two additional people jump on late and got GA. Can reserved people sit in GA? Would people there be willing to trade GA for reserved?
I had a similar question and looking through older posts it looks like it is allowed but frowned upon.
I might be willing to take your reserved for GA, i'll shoot you a PM.

talltyson

Quote from: grjammer on Jan 27, 2016, 11:02 AM
Quote from: talltyson on Jan 26, 2016, 10:03 PM
Also, keep in mind, anyone that has WILL CALL tickets, like myself, you stop before you park and get tickets at Will Call, which is only availability off of hwy 93 east of venue.  THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE WILL CALL IS LOCATED.

http://redrocksonline.com/images/wygwam/RR_2014_brochure_TR.pdf

Off hwy 93.  By the number 2.  And expect a wait time if you are showing up when opening band starts or just before.  Then count 10 minutes for parking, then 20 minute hike to line, and then who knows, 10-20 minutes at line.  Just get to venue early if you can!

Is is possible to walk/hike from the area where the early entry line will be located to the will call location?  I am just wondering if folks will want to get in the early entry line before will call opens and how difficult it will be to send someone to pick up tickets from will call once the window opens.  I don't know that we will necessarily want to get in the early entry line that early but I had not considered the possibility that the will call location would be so far from the early entry line location. 

Also, we are considering getting to the park in the morning and just exploring the area earlier in the day before the show on Saturday.  Will we be able to leave our vehicle where we parked when we arrived in the morning?  I'm wondering if they clear the parking lots in the afternoon before the majority of the concert traffic starts arriving. 

Thanks to everyone providing information regarding the RR logistics in this thread.  It is very helpful!

It's possible.  12 minute hike, up and down through the hills.
Route via Google maps. 
https://goo.gl/maps/giD83WeCyAE2

I do not know how the parking works, always wondered about that

talltyson

Quote from: Jbpats on Jan 27, 2016, 05:36 PM
Quote from: kotchishm on Jan 27, 2016, 05:00 PM
Question for everyone.

I had a similar question and looking through older posts it looks like it is allowed but frowned upon.
I might be willing to take your reserved for GA, i'll shoot you a PM.

You can do this.  They don't even check your tickets in reserved like most venues, but if you have an issue with someone in your seat it works itself out or you text security.  But if you give up your reserved seats, maybe hook up a fellow board member...  if not, someone else will take your reserved seats if they are open for awhile, so keep it in the family if you can.  Not asking personally as i'm pretty well set for the weekend, but others might be interested!

Crispy

Re parking: If you can get to a lot at anytime during the day, you can park there and your car can stay there. It's real helpful to use google maps to check out the area and especially the aerial imagery to plan how to get to which lot you want to end up in. I also much prefer the Upper North Lot, and if I wasn't doing the Roll Call early entry from the south lot, that's where I'd go, and line up to go in at that North Trail entrance, as talltyson suggested.

I always enjoy tailgating at Red Rocks, and tons of other people do too. I also enjoy having tickets already in hand so I have them mailed to me, but those tailgaters who have to collect tix at will call usually just drive down to the will call office and drive back up with no trouble.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

grjammer

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 28, 2016, 01:10 PM
Re parking: If you can get to a lot at anytime during the day, you can park there and your car can stay there. It's real helpful to use google maps to check out the area and especially the aerial imagery to plan how to get to which lot you want to end up in. I also much prefer the Upper North Lot, and if I wasn't doing the Roll Call early entry from the south lot, that's where I'd go, and line up to go in at that North Trail entrance, as talltyson suggested.

I always enjoy tailgating at Red Rocks, and tons of other people do too. I also enjoy having tickets already in hand so I have them mailed to me, but those tailgaters who have to collect tix at will call usually just drive down to the will call office and drive back up with no trouble.

Thanks for the information!  Does anyone recall what time will call opened for the show last August? 

Mr. White

I found this on YouTube the other day. It's short but pretty good quality.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

jcc0065

Quote from: grjammer on Jan 28, 2016, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the information!  Does anyone recall what time will call opened for the show last August?

im sure about last august, but via twitter they told me around 2 oclock day of show, and you can get tix for both days

grjammer

Quote from: jcc0065 on Jan 28, 2016, 01:55 PM

Quote from: grjammer on Jan 28, 2016, 01:24 PM

im sure about last august, but via twitter they told me around 2 oclock day of show, and you can get tix for both days

Good to know we'll be able to get the tickets for both shows on the first day!

gardenparty

Hey gang,

looking for a single GA for night one.

PM me if you have an extra

thanks!
Jeff

Soulshine

SOULSHINE ARRIVING TO THE PARKING LOT

Because we're all in this together...

Crispy

Quote from: Soulshine on Jan 29, 2016, 03:03 PM

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Just don't do it like this:

"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Soulshine

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 29, 2016, 03:19 PM

Quote from: Soulshine on Jan 29, 2016, 03:03 PM

Just don't do it like this:

OH. MY. GAWD. I spit water all over my monitor!

Because we're all in this together...

GO4IT

Saturday show now sold out according to MMJ's tour page.

DayDrinkin

Quote from: GO4IT on Feb 04, 2016, 09:08 AM
Saturday show now sold out according to MMJ's tour page.

Nice!

RobRoy286

Still nervous about waiting to get a Saturday ticket...

walterfredo

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Feb 04, 2016, 02:48 PM
Still nervous about waiting to get a Saturday ticket...

Don't be. These things always work out.

PaulyC7

Looking for a pair of GA tickets for Sunday.  If anyone has any extras let me know. 

Mr. White

Quote from: PaulyC7 on Feb 05, 2016, 03:41 PM
Looking for a pair of GA tickets for Sunday.  If anyone has any extras let me know. 

I may be getting rid of my Red Rocks tickets for both nights. I have 2 General Admission tickets for both shows (2 GA for Sat. & 2 GA for Sun.). Since we have had more snow today, and therefore another missed day at work, they will be requiring me to stay on the job for at least another day past where I had felt comfortable making the trip (driving) from Kentucky out to Red Rocks. If we have another snow day, I will definitely be selling all 4 tickets. Right now, it's already looking doubtful we'll be able to make the trip. I'll keep you posted, PaulyC7 and anyone else who may be interested.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011