Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJAMVedder

If you bought reserved, sit in reserved. Unless you give ga's your reserved for equal displacement. If everyone that bought reserved showed up and wanted GA, there will be problems.

ruralt

99 days, 16 hours, and 47 minutes

not that i'm keeping count.

(also, great to know that will call people will be able to get tickets for both nights on the first day! thanks for letting us know!)

Jboneee

Quote from: Mr. White on Feb 14, 2016, 08:23 PM
Quote from: PaulyC7 on Feb 05, 2016, 03:41 PM
Looking for a pair of GA tickets for Sunday.  If anyone has any extras let me know. 

I may be getting rid of my Red Rocks tickets for both nights. I have 2 General Admission tickets for both shows (2 GA for Sat. & 2 GA for Sun.). Since we have had more snow today, and therefore another missed day at work, they will be requiring me to stay on the job for at least another day past where I had felt comfortable making the trip (driving) from Kentucky out to Red Rocks. If we have another snow day, I will definitely be selling all 4 tickets. Right now, it's already looking doubtful we'll be able to make the trip. I'll keep you posted, PaulyC7 and anyone else who may be interested.

If you still have those tickets Im looking for 2 more for Saturday.

vandemusser

Finally getting to see my favorite band in my top bucket list venue... I was wondering if anyone could tell me what their experiences have been on Frontier Airlines? It was literally the only reasonably priced ticket I could find flying into Denver for that weekend. Have heard some horror stories, but damn, they were half the price of any other airline!

talltyson

Try Southwest.  They are huge in Denver now, one of their main hubs.  I refuse to fly anything else.  No BS with southwest, two free bags.  Frontier has a very bad reputation here since they changed their system a few years ago.  Right down their with Spirit.  You have to pay for any extra.

Quote from: vandemusser on Feb 24, 2016, 08:39 AM
Finally getting to see my favorite band in my top bucket list venue... I was wondering if anyone could tell me what their experiences have been on Frontier Airlines? It was literally the only reasonably priced ticket I could find flying into Denver for that weekend. Have heard some horror stories, but damn, they were half the price of any other airline!

vandemusser

Quote from: talltyson on Feb 24, 2016, 10:23 AM
Try Southwest.  They are huge in Denver now, one of their main hubs.  I refuse to fly anything else.  No BS with southwest, two free bags.  Frontier has a very bad reputation here since they changed their system a few years ago.  Right down their with Spirit.  You have to pay for any extra.

Southwest out of Greenville, SC (my closest Southwest location) is even more than the others... Frontier (out of Knoxville, TN) is $288 round trip, Southwest is almost $800 round trip. Crazy. My wife and I might just suck it up and tolerate Frontier... it's non stop at least.

staurie28

Quote from: vandemusser on Feb 24, 2016, 10:44 AM

Southwest out of Greenville, SC (my closest Southwest location) is even more than the others... Frontier (out of Knoxville, TN) is $288 round trip, Southwest is almost $800 round trip. Crazy. My wife and I might just suck it up and tolerate Frontier... it's non stop at least.

I can't blame you!  Just remember it really is ala carte....if you want to check in at the kiosk is costs extra, if you want anything on the plane it is extra, they even charge for carry on bags sometimes.  so just make sure you really look into all the extra fees and hidden costs and be sure you are still saving money vs. flying american or united etc. 

talltyson

Ya guessing not many good options with southwest for you, plus the holiday weekend doesn't help.  Like mentioned, do your research, and make sure you know what you have to pay for and do it before the airport because they charge more at airport.

rincon2

Spirit is $197 roundtrip LA/Den. southwest is around $500-$600 with worse departure times. Exactly what should I be wary of regarding spirit? I know baggage fees, but it is only a 2 hour non stop flight, so I don't need to buy anything else.

ericm

Quote from: rincon2 on Feb 25, 2016, 04:02 AM

Spirit is $197 roundtrip LA/Den. southwest is around $500-$600 with worse departure times. Exactly what should I be wary of regarding spirit? I know baggage fees, but it is only a 2 hour non stop flight, so I don't need to buy anything else.

I've flown Spirit a lot in the past and for a short flight you should be fine. My suggestions would be to take your time when booking online as a lot of different pages will pop up with separate charges for pretty much everything. They're what I call an a-la-carte airline. Aside from your actual flight you pay for what you want and pass on what you don't.

You want a seat up front or in an emergency aisle ( extra leg room) you'll pay extra. If you want to bring a carry on or check a bag, you'll pay different fees for each. Whatever you decide to purchase, make sure you do it online when you're buying your flight ticket as it'll be cheaper than doing it at checkin at the airport. I believe now they even charge you to checkin at the airport so checkin online before you get to the airport.

One other tip and it's a biggie IMO, is to try and get the 1st flight out each day you're flying. They're mostly on time but I've found later in the day, especially at night you're much more likely to be delayed.

"Where's Jim going?"

APR

I've been on Frontier before, and didn't have any problems.  Times and non-stop are key and they have good options to Denver.

I've flown Spirit once before and would only do it as a last resort.  Once you're on the plane, it's all the same.  You think you're getting a good fare but in reality it gets very close in price to other published fares.  On those screens ericm is talking about they charge you for a seat (regardless of extra leg room, exit row, etc).  I thought they were going to charge for the seat belt too.  It's crazy. 

ericm

Quote from: APR on Feb 25, 2016, 09:35 AM
I've been on Frontier before, and didn't have any problems.  Times and non-stop are key and they have good options to Denver.

I've flown Spirit once before and would only do it as a last resort.  Once you're on the plane, it's all the same.  You think you're getting a good fare but in reality it gets very close in price to other published fares.  On those screens ericm is talking about they charge you for a seat (regardless of extra leg room, exit row, etc).  I thought they were going to charge for the seat belt too.  It's crazy.

Unless they've changed their policy in the last year, I only got charged for a seat if I selected  one in advance. If you wait til arriving at the airport they assigned  you one no charge.  I always paid the extra $5- $8 for an aisle seat so I didn't get stuck in a middle seat. Didn't bother paying the bigger fee for a big front seat or emergency row. I know some areas are more than what I paid but aside from an aisle, I didn't care if I sat in the front or back of the plane.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jbpats

Not sure if it's because its memorial day weekend but flights to Denver are absurd.
Non stop flights are $500-700 from Boston. I can fly to Europe or anywhere on the west coast for less money.
I've been playing the waiting game since early January but I'm starting to get a bit nervous, prices are only going up. I have also gone through the motions of pretending to book to see how full the flights are and they are like 1/3rd full.
Anybody else experiencing this?

ditty

Yes, flight prices are not much better from Indy.  I pulled the plug on this show months ago, due to airfare.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

millerjustin

Quote from: Jbpats on Mar 14, 2016, 01:50 PM
Not sure if it's because its memorial day weekend but flights to Denver are absurd.
Non stop flights are $500-700 from Boston. I can fly to Europe or anywhere on the west coast for less money.
I've been playing the waiting game since early January but I'm starting to get a bit nervous, prices are only going up. I have also gone through the motions of pretending to book to see how full the flights are and they are like 1/3rd full.

always best to buy on a Tuesday between 50 and 60 days prior to the flight
What's in here won't disappear

kintante5

Should we expect 2 epic sets since its red rocks and their last shows for atleast several months?

Jbpats

Quote from: kintante5 on Mar 15, 2016, 02:28 PM
Should we expect 2 epic sets since its red rocks and their last shows for atleast several months?

Yes

Leadbass

Quote from: Jbpats on Mar 14, 2016, 01:50 PM

I bought a one-way in today for Saturday am - $173 on American from Philly.

RobRoy286

Guys...I can't fucking wait. This is going to be magical.

jcc0065

Maybe we luck the fuck out and get a "Candyman" cover since that Dead Tribute Album is coming out around the same time??

Who knows!!