Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

I'm hoping for a Bowie cover. Jim has the voice for so many songs - Fame, Golden Years, Space Oddity - any of them really. Under Pressure would kick ass. Or imagine a Jim solo acoustic Starman. So many options.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

beardedwonder

Quote from: jcc0065 on Mar 21, 2016, 12:47 AM
Maybe we luck the fuck out and get a "Candyman" cover since that Dead Tribute Album is coming out around the same time??

Who knows!!

This would be fantastic!!!
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

13mitch

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Mar 16, 2016, 01:19 PM
Guys...I can't fucking wait. This is going to be magical.
Me neither. Anyone else from the UK going to the show on the 28th? I am!
machines were mice...

parkervb

Quote from: 13mitch on Apr 02, 2016, 06:48 AM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Mar 16, 2016, 01:19 PM
Guys...I can't fucking wait. This is going to be magical.
Me neither. Anyone else from the UK going to the show on the 28th? I am!

nice! someone from Germany is coming too (they signed up on the RC)
Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

I know we've got someone coming from Australia and someone coming from Sweden.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Stevie

Quote from: ditty on Mar 14, 2016, 02:10 PM
Yes, flight prices are not much better from Indy.  I pulled the plug on this show months ago, due to airfare.

How far of a drive is it for you?  With the price of gas right now we are happily making the trek from Wisconsin which is about 15 hours to Denver.  With the holiday weekend you may be able to squeeze it all in.  Just sayin!

johnnYYac

I'm driving from Iowa City.  About 12 hours to a friend's family cabin, which is about 90 minutes from Red Rocks.  Probably leaving Thursday afternoon, grabbing a cheap motel about halfway, then arrive early afternoon Friday.  I-80 > I-76 West = easy way...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ditty

Quote from: Stevie on Apr 07, 2016, 03:23 PM
Quote from: ditty on Mar 14, 2016, 02:10 PM
Yes, flight prices are not much better from Indy.  I pulled the plug on this show months ago, due to airfare.

How far of a drive is it for you?  With the price of gas right now we are happily making the trek from Wisconsin which is about 15 hours to Denver.  With the holiday weekend you may be able to squeeze it all in.  Just sayin!

1100 miles from Indy, doable but...gonna settle for the 2 Louisville and 1 Indy shows this time around.  Safe travels!
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 07, 2016, 04:39 PM
I'm driving from Iowa City.  About 12 hours to a friend's family cabin, which is about 90 minutes from Red Rocks.  Probably leaving Thursday afternoon, grabbing a cheap motel about halfway, then arrive early afternoon Friday.  I-80 > I-76 West = easy way...

1,155 miles for us from central Kentucky out to Red Rocks (about 17 hours). We're planning on stopping Friday somewhere in Kansas (about 12 hours into it) and finish the last 5 hours on Saturday to get us to our Lakewood/Denver hotel for Saturday and Sunday nights. On the way back home, we'll probably stay at the same small town Kansas hotel (if we liked it enough) and stop in Saint Louis for another night on Tuesday (check out downtown and the Gateway Arch). My wife doesn't drive, so I'll be behind the wheel for the duration. Wish us luck.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ralph

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

beardedwonder

Good luck on the voyage Mr & Mrs White !
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

walterfredo

Quote from: ralph on Apr 07, 2016, 07:19 PM
Good luck!!

...says the guy flying ~17 hours. Good luck to you too, looking forward to seeing you mate! We shall share some brews in a few weeks. We're getting pretty excited!

APR

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 07, 2016, 06:14 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 07, 2016, 04:39 PM

1,155 miles for us from central Kentucky out to Red Rocks (about 17 hours). We're planning on stopping Friday somewhere in Kansas (about 12 hours into it) and finish the last 5 hours on Saturday to get us to our Lakewood/Denver hotel for Saturday and Sunday nights. On the way back home, we'll probably stay at the same small town Kansas hotel (if we liked it enough) and stop in Saint Louis for another night on Tuesday (check out downtown and the Gateway Arch). My wife doesn't drive, so I'll be behind the wheel for the duration. Wish us luck.

That's a long, flat drive on 70.  Good call stopping in St. Louis!

AlwxanderD10

I drove Louisville-Denver in a day last summer. It was not fun. Haha, but it appears that I'll be doing the same thing in about 48 days!!!!!!!!

Mr. White

Thanks for all the good luck wishes for our road trip out west. My car is a 2013 Mazda 3. It gets real good gas mileage. I just hope everything goes smoothly for us, and we don't have any breakdowns or unforeseen problems.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

GO4IT

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 08, 2016, 07:22 PM
Thanks for all the good luck wishes for our road trip out west. My car is a 2013 Mazda 3. It gets real good gas mileage. I just hope everything goes smoothly for us, and we don't have any breakdowns or unforeseen problems.
Whoa!  I thought you bailed because of snow days pushing the school year further into May.  You must have received some relief.  Great to hear you're going to make it after all!!! :thumbsup:

ralph

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 08, 2016, 01:01 AM
Good luck!!

...says the guy flying ~17 hours. Good luck to you too, looking forward to seeing you mate! We shall share some brews in a few weeks. We're getting pretty excited!

Well we will have be in the country for 2 weeks by show time so technically were only traveling the 4 1/2 hrs from NYC. It will be a somewhat bizarre feeling not having jet lag for this upcoming Jacket experience!

And yes, brews will be had!!!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Taterbug

Quote from: ralph on Apr 09, 2016, 04:38 AM
Good luck!!

Well we will have be in the country for 2 weeks by show time so technically were only traveling the 4 1/2 hrs from NYC. It will be a somewhat bizarre feeling not having jet lag for this upcoming Jacket experience!

Jet lag Ralph & buzzed Ralph are the only ones I know.   Sober  Ralph has HUGE shoes to fill.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ericm

Quote from: Taterbug on Apr 09, 2016, 11:08 AM
Quote from: ralph on Apr 09, 2016, 04:38 AM
Good luck!!

Jet lag Ralph & buzzed Ralph are the only ones I know.   Sober  Ralph has HUGE shoes to fill.

Haha.  :grin:

Oh man these shows can't get here soon enough for me. I need a dose of some live Jacket and some hang out time with all of you.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"