Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

Quote from: ericm on Apr 09, 2016, 11:21 AM
Quote from: Taterbug on Apr 09, 2016, 11:08 AM
Quote from: ralph on Apr 09, 2016, 04:38 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 08, 2016, 01:01 AM
Quote from: ralph on Apr 07, 2016, 07:19 PM
Good luck!!

...says the guy flying ~17 hours. Good luck to you too, looking forward to seeing you mate! We shall share some brews in a few weeks. We're getting pretty excited!

Well we will have be in the country for 2 weeks by show time so technically were only traveling the 4 1/2 hrs from NYC. It will be a somewhat bizarre feeling not having jet lag for this upcoming Jacket experience!

And yes, brews will be had!!!

Jet lag Ralph & buzzed Ralph are the only ones I know.   Sober  Ralph has HUGE shoes to fill.

Haha.  :grin:

Oh man these shows can't get here soon enough for me. I need a dose of some live Jacket and some hang out time with all of you.  :beer:

I hear that Eric.  I'm super jazzed to get to hang out with you all again and get a chance to meet some good people that I haven't crossed paths with yet from this joint.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Bagels

Flying in Wednesday (from NYC) night to catch the Flaming Lips play the Soft Bulletin with the Colorado Orchestra on Thursday....then 2 nights of MMJ! I've always wanted to see a show at Red Rocks, now I get to see two of my favorite bands there over one weekend!

The magic! It's real!

ralph

Quote from: Taterbug on Apr 09, 2016, 11:08 AM
Quote from: ralph on Apr 09, 2016, 04:38 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 08, 2016, 01:01 AM
Quote from: ralph on Apr 07, 2016, 07:19 PM
Good luck!!

...says the guy flying ~17 hours. Good luck to you too, looking forward to seeing you mate! We shall share some brews in a few weeks. We're getting pretty excited!

Well we will have be in the country for 2 weeks by show time so technically were only traveling the 4 1/2 hrs from NYC. It will be a somewhat bizarre feeling not having jet lag for this upcoming Jacket experience!

And yes, brews will be had!!!

Jet lag Ralph & buzzed Ralph are the only ones I know.   Sober  Ralph has HUGE shoes to fill.

Pretty sure you met hungover ralph on morning number 1....
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

talltyson

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 07, 2016, 06:14 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 07, 2016, 04:39 PM
I'm driving from Iowa City.  About 12 hours to a friend's family cabin, which is about 90 minutes from Red Rocks.  Probably leaving Thursday afternoon, grabbing a cheap motel about halfway, then arrive early afternoon Friday.  I-80 > I-76 West = easy way...

1,155 miles for us from central Kentucky out to Red Rocks (about 17 hours). We're planning on stopping Friday somewhere in Kansas (about 12 hours into it) and finish the last 5 hours on Saturday to get us to our Lakewood/Denver hotel for Saturday and Sunday nights. On the way back home, we'll probably stay at the same small town Kansas hotel (if we liked it enough) and stop in Saint Louis for another night on Tuesday (check out downtown and the Gateway Arch). My wife doesn't drive, so I'll be behind the wheel for the duration. Wish us luck.

Hays Kansas would be the best option heading west on I70.  Its 5 hours from Denver right on i70.  By far the biggest city with the most options between Salina, ks and Denver  Plenty of hotels, nice, ok, and cheap.  I went to college in Hays.  A small German college town.  If you are into micro beers, Gellas LB Brewery has won many awards for their beer, and the food is your typical gastro pub food with a German food twist on some plates.  Jaliscos is the best mexican food places i've ever been too, and i've been too many.  Sternberg Museum has dinosaurs, dinosaur fossils, 20 + different live rattle snake species and other cool stuff, if you are into that.  Thats about all Hays has to offer, other then drinking a lot of beer, but guessing you won't be spending much time there.  Good stop for what you all are planning IMHO!

capefan

Red Rocks Tips:

-WATER WATER WATE.  especially for the flatlanders coming in from out of town

-Bring rain gear and a pair of dry socks. Last year it rained at almost every show from may to early july and a few were monsoons.  Having that extra pair of socks saved my night more than a few times.

-Bring Cash.  Much easier to buy beers in the crowd than waiting in long lines on the sides to use your card

- Give yourself plenty of time to get in the venue.  If you get parked in the lower lots its going to take you a while just to walk up into the line and once you are there it can take a while to get in.

- If you are looking for a hotel,  The Warwick is a great spot in town.  reasonably priced, centrally located, and they have a great roof top pool.  The Curtis, The Magnolia, and the big chain hotels downtown are also a good bet.   

- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE-  Cops can be brutal up there and with it being a holiday weekend it will be especially bad.   There are cabs and ubers but those can be a pain in the ass.  I would get on one of the many party buses from Denver.  My friends run J2G Live and they have the best service.  Nice Coach Buses.  everyone gets free beer and bottled water in the lots, they have a pre party with free food and drink specials at the bar they leave from (Cervantes this year), and they bend over backwards to hook people up and make sure everyone has a good time.  They give out free sunglasses, have deals with local dispensaries for discounts for their riders,  my friend usually even carries extra gold bold in his bag in case people are in need.

check it out: http://j2glive.com/may-28-29-my-morning-jacket/

walterfredo

I guess I'll cross post my post from the other RR thread here as well...

I'll agree with everything capefan said, with the HUGE exception of j2glive.  One of the owners (Gary) is a major A-hole of the most epic proportions. I would not recommend their services to anyone. Make alternate plans!  As you can see capefan joined the forum just to pimp this service. Consider this a Jacket forum PSA.

...for a good laugh, here's a fun clip of said A-hole getting punked on April Fools by a local Denver radio station, after he apparently threw a fit in DIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9atGP6S1r4

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

grjammer

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 20, 2016, 06:28 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Apr 20, 2016, 04:17 PM
Google Streetview of Red Rocks....walk the steps!

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6646135,-105.2048574,3a,75y,325.31h,87.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFUJ9CnUVS2TTlOeKRxwGWw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Thanks for this!  Really helps us Red Rocks virgins get a lay of the land.

Is there where the roll call early entry line will form?  This is really cool.  Thanks for posting!

parkervb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 20, 2016, 06:28 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Apr 20, 2016, 04:17 PM
Google Streetview of Red Rocks....walk the steps!

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6646135,-105.2048574,3a,75y,325.31h,87.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFUJ9CnUVS2TTlOeKRxwGWw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Thanks for this!  Really helps us Red Rocks virgins get a lay of the land.

For sure! It will be my first time there too. 37 days!
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

...and I just discovered the Giants are Denver this weekend.  This trip just got even better! 

JacketJayhawk

Went to the MMJ show last Aug. at RR but sat in Reserved. Going with a group that has reserved seats and me and buddy have GA (non-role call) :cry:. I have a digital membership only.

With that said, I will be in the 2nd wave of GA entries behind Roll Call members, so curious to know what time I will have to be in there and how accommodating GA seat savers are if I want to get up for a beer or wait in line for a poster?...

My plan is to avoid the worst case scenario, sitting on the very top GA section by being in line before gates open BUT on the flipside, I know I will be tempted to tailgate with my friends who have reserved seats and ultimately want to maximize tailgate time with them and other fellow Jacket-Heads.

So my RR newb question is, what experience does anyone have with GA at RR, especially non-roll call members. What time to wait in line to get in lower bowl area? (Rows: 20-25) is fine with me... If its just me saving my seat and my buddies...can I expect to keep my seats if I need to get up from them for a brief beer run etc.? - I know this is a subjective question...just after waiting since I got these tix on the pre-sale and wanting everything to go as smooth as possible!

Driving from KC (Craft brews, Altitude Golfing, MMJ at RR x 2) = BEST MEMORIAL DAY EVER

TIA
JacketJayhawk

ALady

Quote from: walterfredo on May 02, 2016, 06:54 PM
...and I just discovered the Giants are Denver this weekend.  This trip just got even better! 

I think some folks are going Friday if you're interested.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

midwesterner

Can some one remind me is the poster that comes with VIP the same as the show posters?

JDUB

There were two different posters for the Vegas VIP experience but if I'm not mistaken this is only the second show from CID Entertainment with the VIP package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midwesterner

Quote from: JDUB on May 04, 2016, 05:38 PM
There were two different posters for the Vegas VIP experience but if I'm not mistaken this is only the second show from CID Entertainment with the VIP package

Interesting. I know that thre was also a different VIP poster for Ween a few months ago in Denver. Those I think were also CID packages. I wonder it they just produce a separate poster.

AlwxanderD10

I remember reading that the details for the vip  package said it would include one poster. So I guess this implies there will not be a different poster for each night? This doesn't really answer your question, but take it as you will.

ericm

Quote from: AlwxanderD10 on May 04, 2016, 06:53 PM
I remember reading that the details for the vip  package said it would include one poster. So I guess this implies there will not be a different poster for each night? This doesn't really answer your question, but take it as you will.

I took that as 1 poster per each VIP package per night. So if you got two VIP's each person gets a poster.  I'd bet there will be different posters for each night. There were two different ones in 12.

I'm curious if the cid poster will be the same ones as at the merch tables. My gut says yes but who knows if they commissioned their own?
"Where's Jim going?"

APR

Quote from: JDUB on May 04, 2016, 05:38 PM

The only difference between Vegas VIP and Vegas "regular" poster was the color..... same exact size, graphics, etc.  And I think it was just the background color (red VIP and white "regular") that varied.  There was no difference between night 1 and night 2 poster.  In other words, the regular was identical with both dates and same colors regardless of whether it was purchased night 1 or 2.  That said, Red Rocks this year could definitely be different.

easy way

Quote from: ALady on May 04, 2016, 03:49 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on May 02, 2016, 06:54 PM

I think some folks are going Friday if you're interested.

Any update on this?  I'm definitely up for catching a ball game...
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."