Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Quote from: easy way on May 04, 2016, 09:43 PM
Quote from: ALady on May 04, 2016, 03:49 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on May 02, 2016, 06:54 PM
...and I just discovered the Giants are Denver this weekend.  This trip just got even better! 

I think some folks are going Friday if you're interested.

Any update on this?  I'm definitely up for catching a ball game...

Unfortunately C and I aren't arriving into Denver until Saturday afternoon. Whirlwind 48 hour trip, so we'll likely hit up the Sunday game. Wish we could make into town on Friday but no dice.  Hopefully I can buy you a beer on this trip Maggie, still grateful for your help with the N1 terminal 5 poster! Still framed on our wall!

I'm sure you guys are on it, but the rooftop area seats look to be the best place in Coors field for a group of partygoers to get together.

Derek713

Quote from: APR on May 04, 2016, 08:27 PM
Quote from: JDUB on May 04, 2016, 05:38 PM
There were two different posters for the Vegas VIP experience but if I'm not mistaken this is only the second show from CID Entertainment with the VIP package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only difference between Vegas VIP and Vegas "regular" poster was the color..... same exact size, graphics, etc.  And I think it was just the background color (red VIP and white "regular") that varied.  There was no difference between night 1 and night 2 poster.  In other words, the regular was identical with both dates and same colors regardless of whether it was purchased night 1 or 2.  That said, Red Rocks this year could definitely be different.
Here they are 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vadermaul

Still on the fence on going GA or reserved.   In 2012 me and wife did GA and got great seats for night 1.  We got there right around when the gates opened.  And we were like 10-15 rows up.  Will it be about the same or would we need to get there earlier? 

Stevie

Quote from: vadermaul on May 06, 2016, 11:30 AM
Still on the fence on going GA or reserved.   In 2012 me and wife did GA and got great seats for night 1.  We got there right around when the gates opened.  And we were like 10-15 rows up.  Will it be about the same or would we need to get there earlier? 

In 2012 i got there about 1 hour 45 minutes early and ended up in the 4th row center.  Last year I got there right before early entry doors time, and i ended up in the 16th row but off to the right.  They had roped off a very big chunk of the left-middle section this time which really dug into the prime seat availability.  I would highly advise getting there earlier this time if you want a prime spot.

Jenfarr

So if doors are at 6:30, Roll Call entry should be around 6PM?  So if we get there say between 3-4PM we should be okay? I just don't want to spend my whole day there, since it is our first trip to CO.

parkervb

Quote from: Stevie on May 06, 2016, 03:44 PM

In 2012 i got there about 1 hour 45 minutes early and ended up in the 4th row center.  Last year I got there right before early entry doors time, and i ended up in the 16th row but off to the right.  They had roped off a very big chunk of the left-middle section this time which really dug into the prime seat availability.  I would highly advise getting there earlier this time if you want a prime spot.

was this roped off area VIP? They have a VIP section this year that as described seems to be in the GA area near Soundboard
Don't you ever turn it off

cody.hig7

Quote from: parkervb on May 06, 2016, 04:27 PM
Quote from: Stevie on May 06, 2016, 03:44 PM

was this roped off area VIP? They have a VIP section this year that as described seems to be in the GA area near Soundboard

Roped off section is VIP, next to/right below the Soundboard.  I think it takes up about 5-6 rows right in the middle (say rows 6-12?). We got there about an hour before early entry and still got row 4 but there were way more early entry roll callers compared to 2012.  There are worse places to hang than the Red Rocks parking lot on a sunny summer day

kintante5

are we going to get 2 marathon sets for these shows or are the standard 2/2.5 hour show what i should brace myself for?

bslaby1

I mean the past three Red Rocks shows have all been at least 3 hours.  I'd assume it'd be the case again but who knows.  Let's hope so!

mlkroyals1

Can anyone offer tips/assistance on how a group of 4 can get to RR from Denver? First time at RR and will be #3 and #4 Jacket shows for me!
We all have GA both nights and are looking for transportation that can arrive early enough to scout good seats and offers reliable pickup after the shows. I've heard mixed reviews about trying Uber/Lyft and we are open to shuttles/party buses/etc that is affordable.

Thanks for any help!!

rincon2

Quote from: ALady on May 04, 2016, 03:49 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on May 02, 2016, 06:54 PM
...and I just discovered the Giants are Denver this weekend.  This trip just got even better! 

I think some folks are going Friday if you're interested.
I am planning for the game Friday. Are you getting tickets at the gate, Stubhub, or pre order from the Rockies? I wonder if I can get a cheapo ticket and move around snagging a good seat?

DayDrinkin

Quote from: mlkroyals1 on May 13, 2016, 03:28 PM
Can anyone offer tips/assistance on how a group of 4 can get to RR from Denver? First time at RR and will be #3 and #4 Jacket shows for me!
We all have GA both nights and are looking for transportation that can arrive early enough to scout good seats and offers reliable pickup after the shows. I've heard mixed reviews about trying Uber/Lyft and we are open to shuttles/party buses/etc that is affordable.

Thanks for any help!!

Do you have a sober driver?  If so, rental cars are cheap. I have a ride for Saturday but rented a car for Sunday for $25 (it's that cheap if renting from location that is NOT the DEN airport).

walterfredo

Wife and I may be looking for rides to/from Denver as well, but really not looking to get to the venue until closer to show time.

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on May 15, 2016, 12:45 PM
Wife and I may be looking for rides to/from Denver as well, but really not looking to get to the venue until closer to show time.
Walter, I'm staying with the Petersons in Denver and plan to drive.  However, I will likely be going on the early side, whatever they want to do.  Not sure who, if anyone, I'll be taking.  I can take up to 4 people.  I can't drink much, with all my meds, so I'll be a DD.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capefan

Quote from: mlkroyals1 on May 13, 2016, 03:28 PM

Thanks for any help!!

party buses:
http://j2glive.com/may-28-29-my-morning-jacket/

not going to indulged whomever was talking shit about J2G and my friend Gary.  Just know J2G Live is by far the most reliable company in town that takes the absolute best care of the people who ride with them.  On top of the free beer, free food, dispensary offers, and everything else they offer their riders, the staff takes the time to make sure everyone has as much fun as possible. 

walterfredo

"My friend Gary" oh stfu already.  It's already been indicated that you are indeed Gary yourself. Pretty childish to act like you're just trying to help people out, and act like you're someone else. You are indeed an ass, stop with the spamming bullshit.  On here and the MMJ fan facebook page. Go sell your crap elsewhere please. 

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 20, 2016, 06:38 PM
FWIW, I believe capefan is, in fact, said Gary, based on the email in his profile. 

I encourage people to not give a dollar to this guy.

capefan

my name is in fact gary.  not the gary from j2g live though.   crazy how two people could have the same name. 

either way I wonder what your issue is with J2G.   both time I posted to give people a heads up about their service you immediately followed up with some nasty accusations.  Did gary steal your girl or something?  Were you late to their bus and got left behind?  what gives?

Regardless anyone looking for a ride to the shows would be wise to check out J2G Live.   Anyone who has actually ridden with them or knows those guys will attest that they are by far the best option out there. 

walterfredo

seriously, take your spam elsewhere please. Come back when you're not trying to sell us shit and are actually here to chat about the band or their shows. 

capefan

i see.  you are one of those guys who takes the internet waaaaay too seriously.    simply came by to let some fans know about a great way to get to the show.  Especially on a holiday weekend it is important not to drink and drive and taking one of these party buses is a fun way to stay safe and have fun.   There are a bunch of options out there and I have ridden on some of the shittier buses in denver in the past.  wanted to help people avoid that mistake and help support my friends business at the same time.   what a terrible human being that must make me. 

I love MMJ.  What would you like to discuss? The last few times I saw them at Red Rocks were beyond epic.   I think this run is going to top those.  Calling a Purple Rain to close out the weekend.  Are we good now? 

jcc0065

Quote from: walterfredo on May 16, 2016, 11:57 AM
seriously, take your spam elsewhere please. Come back when you're not trying to sell us shit and are actually here to chat about the band or their shows.

Hes doing it on the facebook page now.....i commented and he called for everyone to be "Highly Suspicious" of me to show he was a real fan!!! [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk