Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

vadermaul

So is row 25 pretty solid?

Not sure to splurge on row 25 or just go GA.  Were getting there around 6:45ish

vespachick

If I weren't getting there until 6:45-ish, I would def be happy with Row 25.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

lms73

Row 25 is usually the first row right behind GA and has a yellow rope in front of it. I'm very happy with my row 36.

adamfortune

What's up all?  Coming down from the great white north.  Had a last minute cancellation so we have an extra ticket for both nights.  If anyone knows anyone looking to go to the show, please let me know. 

Night 1 - row 46 (seat 5)
Night 2 - row 34 (seat 47)

I have hard copy tickets.  we're staying in Golden, Co and get into town on Friday (27th).  Just looking for face value $65 (US).  Haven't had much luck online, seeing as it's a single ticket.  But if you know someone who wouldn't mind sitting with a couple of stoned Canadians, hit me up

adamfortune@yahoo.ca

Thanks

parkervb

anyone have experience getting someone else's Roll Call tickets from will call? My buddy can't make it, has 2 GAs for each night at will call and is willing to give me his ID to claim.
Don't you ever turn it off

Derek713

Quote from: parkervb on May 25, 2016, 01:21 PM
anyone have experience getting someone else's Roll Call tickets from will call? My buddy can't make it, has 2 GAs for each night at will call and is willing to give me his ID to claim.

Yes. I had to cancel at the last minute last year. The person that I sold them to had to bring a copy  of my drivers license, a copy of my receipt, and a letter written by me authorizing someone else to pick them up. Wonderful Union warned me that they couldn't guarantee it since they weren't running the booth, but there ended up being no issues to my knowledge.

parkervb

Quote from: Derek713 on May 25, 2016, 01:28 PM
Quote from: parkervb on May 25, 2016, 01:21 PM

Yes. I had to cancel at the last minute last year. The person that I sold them to had to bring a copy  of my drivers license, a copy of my receipt, and a letter written by me authorizing someone else to pick them up. Wonderful Union warned me that they couldn't guarantee it since they weren't running the booth, but there ended up being no issues to my knowledge.

thanks, we'll do this and see what happens.

Lonndown27

Quote from: RobRoy286 on May 23, 2016, 02:38 PM
LESSSSFUCKNNNGOOOOOOO

:cool: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA   :beer:  RobRoy = post of the year hahah made me die at work....LESSSSFUCKKNNNGOOOOO!!!!  :beer:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

odelljaj

So I am only able to make it for Sunday's show...and Need some Advice.

Should I look at the Setlist for the Saturday show and kind of get a feel of what is going to be played or go into it like every other show and be surprised??  Dilemma.

Stevie

Quote from: odelljaj on May 25, 2016, 03:30 PM

Should I look at the Setlist for the Saturday show and kind of get a feel of what is going to be played or go into it like every other show and be surprised??  Dilemma.

I would personally not look at the first night's setlist under any circumstances.  There's really no good that can come of it other than to satisfy your curiosity.  Other than that I can only think of negative outcomes.

Goldeneagle

-Sold-

Greetings friends

I've got an extra roll call GA/will call ticket for Sun night.
We'll have to meet up pre show.
I'll be there Saturday as well.

face value cash.
:thumbsup:

parkervb

Quote from: Stevie on May 25, 2016, 04:25 PM

I would personally not look at the first night's setlist under any circumstances.  There's really no good that can come of it other than to satisfy your curiosity.  Other than that I can only think of negative outcomes.

i had this dilemma for the Beacon shows. I was going to the last two and had to decide on whether to check the first two nights sets. I looked and was bummed that I knew I was going to miss War->IWSYS but, it's not like it affected anything in the end. It did give me an idea of the epicness I would see those last two nights tho!

JacketJayhawk

Quote from: parkervb on May 26, 2016, 08:47 AM
Quote from: Stevie on May 25, 2016, 04:25 PM

i had this dilemma for the Beacon shows. I was going to the last two and had to decide on whether to check the first two nights sets. I looked and was bummed that I knew I was going to miss War->IWSYS but, it's not like it affected anything in the end. It did give me an idea of the epicness I would see those last two nights tho!

Go in totally surprised. Keep yourself guessing what is next. I have even refrained lately from listening to Throwback or any of there latest live shows on Youtube, just so I wont spoil anything for myself - not that I could not listen to them everyday / allday.

I am Sunday nights encore will get turned up a notch for them to close out

APR

I finally got around to checking out the Barr Brothers.  Really good stuff!!  I'm looking forward to seeing them also.

jaden425

Forgive me if already answered, but I am a first timer to Red Rocks and so pumped.  I bought GA tickets and know nothing about how that works.  THere are people discussing that they have specific seats and people talking about GA. 

Where should I shoot for standing if I am GA?  Is closest necessarily better?

walterfredo

Quote from: jaden425 on May 26, 2016, 02:32 PM
Forgive me if already answered, but I am a first timer to Red Rocks and so pumped.  I bought GA tickets and know nothing about how that works.  THere are people discussing that they have specific seats and people talking about GA. 

Where should I shoot for standing if I am GA?  Is closest necessarily better?

look at the generalized seating map on the first page of this thread, should give you a feel for how it works. 

jaden425

Cool, thanks.  So, front GA fills up than you move to the back GA?  Getting there early then.

staurie28

Quote from: jaden425 on May 26, 2016, 02:42 PM
Cool, thanks.  So, front GA fills up than you move to the back GA?  Getting there early then.

I'm a first timer there as well but already did a lot of looking into this....looks like front GA does fill up quickly, especially with Roll Call early entry people trying to get spots up there (cough me cough) but I have read a lot about how the upper GA area is still great.  If you want to get up close and don't have early entry, I would say you should get in line and get in there right at doors so that you have the best chance.

parkervb