Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig

Holy shit version is right. Incredible.

ericm

Quote from: Bengals24 on May 29, 2016, 02:40 AM
Anyone have the final setlist? What time did they come one tonight?

8:55 - 11:47  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

rmpotsy

Anyone have a poster pic?
out go the lights it begins

MOWJO8185

Quote from: vandemusser on May 29, 2016, 02:56 AM
Amazing show. Minor technical difficulties with the sound on the first few songs, but damn, those boys were tight tonight.

The one thing I thought was odd was that Jim was not talkative at all. In fact, he never introduced Johnny Quaid to the audience. I was excited and telling everyone nearby who he was but I know most people were confused who the mystery guitarist was...

Hoping technical difficulties does not equal show not being available for download.

slappymoe

picture of you
just one thing
strangulation

amazing :cheesy:

looks like a list of my spontaneous curation requests for the louisville shows....none of which were played. :cry:

mahg33ta

I'll buy a VIP poster from anyone who has an extra

vandemusser

Quote from: rmpotsy on May 29, 2016, 04:16 AM
Anyone have a poster pic?
Not yet since it's rolled up in a tube, but appears to be Guy Burwell prints for the regular edition - one for each day. Really pretty red, white, and blue drawing of Red Rocks for the Saturday edition (440 print run?). I assume Sunday's will be the same graphic but a different color. The VIP poster looks like a Clinton Reno. Also very cool, but more colorful and obviously more cartoony. The VIP poster is for both nights, signed by all members of the band, and was a run of 550.

Forgive me if I am off on anything above. Briefly glanced at the VIP poster I received and was not able to snag a regular edition - they sold out very quickly.

jimsflyingv

Any chance there will be an official download again ????

Jackets N Pones

Amazing set list! Can't wait to hear the Picture of You everyone is talking about. Saving Tropics for tonight!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

superfrodies

Victory dance
Heartbreakin Man
Outa my system
Anytime
Evil urges
Infancy (the waterfall)
Just one Thing
Wonderful *w/ EJ
Golden
State of the Art (AEIOU)*JJ solo
Master Plan
Believe
Picture of You
Steam Engine>
Knocking on heavens door *b d cover
Strangulation
Smokin from shooting
Run Thru
Call Tyron *
I'm amazed
Circuital
Purple rain (Prince)

ENCORE:
Highly suspicious
Touch me 1
Touch me 2>
Cobra
Magheeta

First ever Red Rocks experience and it was nothing short of spectacular. They were definitely working through some sound issues for the first three or four songs. The set really shifted into the next gear when they absolutely slayed State of the Art's closing jam. So epic. If you were sitting in the back, like I was, the sound started swirling quite a bit for the final half hour due to the wind, so I'm looking forward to being up front tonight. Other highlights: JOHNNY QUADE, the fireworks on the horizon during Golden, Tyrone, Knockin on Heaven's Door. Jim seemed a little subdued tonight though. Not a lot of banter.

NolesT8

Killer setlist..wish I was there, but good people on the Facebook group posted live vids, also periscope streams..Next time they play Red Rocks I won't miss it. Have a beer for me guys  :beer:

LBSUNFLWR

logan5ive

Let's hope the early entry line is a little more organized and controlled today.
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

mahg33ta

Quote from: logan5ive on May 29, 2016, 11:21 AM
Let's hope the early entry line is a little more organized and controlled today.

what happened?  I saw a few grumblings on facebook but noone described any specifics

logan5ive

Quote from: mahg33ta on May 29, 2016, 11:29 AM

what happened?  I saw a few grumblings on facebook but noone described any specifics
I got in line ~4:15. The line was already long and mostly early entry (there was no specific line for ga or for early entry). Around 5 a lady from the venue came down the line and told everybody that at 5:30 she would come down the line again and separate out the early entry people from the regular GA people. Well, at 5:30 people way up front started to split into 2 lines but the lady never came back in the line like she said. So when the early entry line started to move and go up the ramp we waited. But the majority of people behind us just started moving forward so the line turned into a blob and then a bottle neck towards and at the entrance to the ramp. The people behind me for some reason didn't wait and thought they could just cut in line and they ultimately created chaos. Sadly this is not the first time I've seen this type of behavior at an early entry line.
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

kotchishm

Anyone have a pic of last nights poster? I was crushed when I realized they sold out so quickly. Think they will be on eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Mr. White

Quote from: mahg33ta on May 29, 2016, 11:29 AM

Well, my wife and I were in line about half-way down the hill near the parking lot, originally. As people picked up their folding chairs and such to take back to their cars, the line got gradually closer to the entrance. At one point, a lady who worked for Red Rocks came down and told everyone in line that the Fire Department would by rolling by the line at about 5:30 and we were supposed to scoot over to make them some room. Then, she would be back to pull Roll Call Early Entry people and their + 1 over into a separate line. That seemed like a good idea. The trouble started when all of a sudden, a bunch (and I mean A BUNCH) of people from either the back of the line or just straight from their cars decided to move up past everyone already in line up the left side. Well, most people already in line seemed stunned by this and kept their positions while many, many people not in line got way up front (not a single file line at all in the first place but now it was a line about 15 people across). Well, I'm not one to play games, so my wife and I went up with the people who broke away from the line in order to not get shafted by this bullshit process. At the front of the line, they finally started asking for Roll Call Laminates and slowly let people onto the ramp up the hill. While standing in that more narrow line, it started to hail! The hail was about marble sized but kind of slushy and not too damaging. It stopped and all was cool again. As the line on the ramp stood still waiting for the real Early Entry time, I overheard someone who has plenty of experiences at Red Rocks describe to his buddy how to score the best seat. He said to not go left where you had to go up and then down to find the closer seats. He said to go down low and to the right where it leads directly to the VIP row and the first two GA rows. He said to avoid that mad rush to pile into the first couple of rows next to the entrance point, because that's what every one would do and clog up the seats right near the entrance. He said to instead go up four of five rows, move down to the center or even Carl's side and make your way down to claim the unclaimed seats that would still be available due to the fact that everyone else would be jamming up the rows on Jim's side. I did just that and left my wife behind as I ran to claim our spot. We got on the second row Carl's side (not counting the roped off single front row for VIP's). I'll post some pictures and maybe a video later.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Derek713

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Derek713

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WinstonLegthigh

That (show) was a little better than last year's. Lordy.