Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superfrodies

vandemusser

I always regretted not being able to see the original line-up perform since my first show was Sokol Underground in Omaha, NE in May 2004 with Carl and Bo newly added to the lineup. The show that changed my life... I always assumed that I would never see Johnny Quaid perform with the band, though.

When I saw Johnny walk out on stage this past Saturday night, I literally teared up. I recognized the guitar immediately. As the night wore on, I could see that he was having an absolute blast. What made it even better was seeing how happy the rest of the band was to have him there. The hugs at the end of night 2 just about did me in. I honestly don't know how I will ever see a concert to out-do what I saw this past weekend.

I think I can die a happy man now... hopefully not for a while, though.

Lonndown27

Quote from: superfrodies on Jun 03, 2016, 04:28 PM
Pat Myers is a hero

I let Pat Myers know on the youtube link for Night II that we thought he was an American hero and suggested he join the board, as I'm interpreting from his response that he'd never heard of this forum before.

Interesting.....  :cool:

We need more members like this guy. What a thuglife cold harrrrd Jacket fan we have here  :cheesy:

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Quote from: vandemusser on Jun 03, 2016, 05:07 PM
I always regretted not being able to see the original line-up perform since my first show was Sokol Underground in Omaha, NE in May 2004 with Carl and Bo newly added to the lineup. The show that changed my life... I always assumed that I would never see Johnny Quaid perform with the band, though.

When I saw Johnny walk out on stage this past Saturday night, I literally teared up. I recognized the guitar immediately. As the night wore on, I could see that he was having an absolute blast. What made it even better was seeing how happy the rest of the band was to have him there. The hugs at the end of night 2 just about did me in. I honestly don't know how I will ever see a concert to out-do what I saw this past weekend.

beautiful thoughts by the way, it's so true...that Twitter pic of Carl and Johnny and the sunscreen was hilarious and just so .......perfect, Hollywood ending. guy starts a band with cousin who becomes a genius and then that guy leaves the band right when theyre on the cusp of stardom, only to return to the stage, SG in hand, to blow the stage the fuck up with the band...a three guitar, reincarnation of the formation, not the sound, of the three guitar attack of Lynyrd Skynyrd (well...maybe on OBH  :rolleyes:)
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jun 03, 2016, 05:18 PM
Quote from: vandemusser on Jun 03, 2016, 05:07 PM

beautiful thoughts by the way, it's so true...that Twitter pic of Carl and Johnny and the sunscreen was hilarious and just so .......perfect, Hollywood ending. guy starts a band with cousin who becomes a genius and then that guy leaves the band right when theyre on the cusp of stardom, only to return to the stage, SG in hand, to blow the stage the fuck up with the band...a three guitar, reincarnation of the formation, not the sound, of the three guitar attack of Lynyrd Skynyrd (well...maybe on OBH  :rolleyes:)

It would've been perfect if Johnny was turned up enough in the mix where we could actually hear him! No doubt it was great to see him up there that much, and the fun he and them were having but IMO, it would've been better if we didn't have to strain to try and hear him. I can't speak for everyone but I honestly couldn't hear much of him even though I was focusing on trying to.

I realize mixing three live guitars isn't easy but if you're gonna have him up there a little more volume on his playing would be nice.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

JaredoftheRocks

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

razral

Yesssss!!!! Pat Myers just loaded up the full first night show also!!!!! :cheesy: :beer: :thumbsup:

razral

Lol! Well I see that link for first night was posted earlier. Well hell yeah again anyways!

Stevie

So, some angel took the night two video, converted it to mp4, and then posted it for us to download for safe and eternal keeping in case the yt vid goes down at some point.  Im wondering... might someone be willing to do the same with night 1?  I would but i have no idea what im doing and would probably create something sub par. 

ga_bulldawg1999

Where might this MP4 vid link be located? PM if needed...thanks mucho!

rincon2

I heard no evidence of Johnny. I saw him. I watched closely (not every song both nights, but you know what I mean) to see if the picture matched the sound, and I heard 5, not 6 musicians. He did not even get a turn at a solo in OBH, which I have seen video evidence of them having a 3 guitar solo ending when he is there. Kinda head scratching stuff.

Stevie

Maybe you can't hear him because he's playing exactly what Carl is playing at the exact same time

ericm

Quote from: Stevie on Jun 04, 2016, 06:07 PM
Maybe you can't hear him because he's playing exactly what Carl is playing at the exact same time

Nah that's not it,IMO. There were a few times when one of them was carrying the tune while the two others were doing dual leads. Still couldn't hear him.

There's no question he was too far down in the mix. In fact everyone I spoke to (and it was a lot of people) thought the exact same thing. To tell you the truth, I didn't talk to one  person who said they could hear him!  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

Quote from: ericm on Jun 04, 2016, 06:24 PM

Nah that's not it,IMO. There were a few times when one of them was carrying the tune while the two others were doing dual leads. Still couldn't hear him.

There's no question he was too far down in the mix. In fact everyone I spoke to (and it was a lot of people) thought the exact same thing. To tell you the truth, I didn't talk to one  person who said they could hear him!  :beer:
I agree ericm, the same thing happened with our group, not one person could hear him.  We concluded that they let him play but didn't really plug in his amp. :rolleyes:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

midwesterner

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 04, 2016, 09:05 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jun 04, 2016, 06:24 PM

I agree ericm, the same thing happened with our group, not one person could hear him.  We concluded that they let him play but didn't really plug in his amp. :rolleyes:

My group was joking that his amp wasn't even turn on.

jcc0065

i 100% hear him on Steam and Run Thru. I mean his amps small as fuck, he was definitely more there just for the fun of it for him and us as a crowd. Dont look too much into it ya know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericm

Quote from: jcc0065 on Jun 04, 2016, 09:38 PM
i 100% hear him on Steam and Run Thru. I mean his amps small as fuck, he was definitely more there just for the fun of it for him and us as a crowd. Dont look too much into it ya know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh?  :huh:  Don't look too much into what?

No one is saying it was purposely done or as a slight to Johnny. It just would've been great since he was there to actually be able to hear him as well as see him.  :beer:

"Where's Jim going?"

raheuer

Quote from: Stevie on Jun 03, 2016, 09:06 PM
So, some angel took the night two video, converted it to mp4, and then posted it for us to download for safe and eternal keeping in case the yt vid goes down at some point.  Im wondering... might someone be willing to do the same with night 1?  I would but i have no idea what im doing and would probably create something sub par. 

I didn't even know there were DL links for the videos... A PM would be GREATLY appreciated!
It's DON FREAKIN DANTE by My Morning Jacket, just chill the hell out and listen!

rkwedge

Quote from: raheuer on Jun 04, 2016, 11:26 PM

I didn't even know there were DL links for the videos... A PM would be GREATLY appreciated!
Ditto
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

grjammer

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 05, 2016, 01:17 AM
Quote from: raheuer on Jun 04, 2016, 11:26 PM

Ditto

Same here.  PM would be most appreciated!