Red Rocks 5/28-29/2016

Started by parkervb, Dec 14, 2015, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fartsmakemegiggle

Anyone know when these shows will get released? I need them

RobRoy286

I would also like to know. Anyone with connections hear of anything? I know that they've yet to say *if* they're even releasing them.

Fortunately for us, the tapes are great quality.

Soulshine

Quote from: ericm on Jun 07, 2016, 11:41 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Jun 07, 2016, 11:18 AM
Quote from: RemiG on Jun 07, 2016, 09:17 AM
A quick word from France to say hello to all the fans and thanks to the band.

On Nov 13th I was trapped more than 2 hours in the Bataclan during the Paris attacks. It was the worst time of all my life even if it turned out not that bad for me, without me or my friends being wounded.

When MMJ announced the two Red Rocks shows, I knew I had to come. This was the first concert I've booked, a month after the ordeal. It helped me a lot to have this goal.

Booked my first time in the US then: 3 days in NYC, fly to denver and see MMJ, and a 4 days road trip in west Colorado.

I loved every minute of that night from parking my car until I went to bed.

Loved the venue
Loved the audience
Loved the opening band
Loved MMJ

This is awesome.  :beer:

Yes it is and add me to the list of people raising a glass to you Remi.  :beer:

I hope you make it back to the States for more shows. If you do, be sure and let us know. I'd be honored to buy you your drink of choice if we're at the same show. 

Thanks for sharing your story, and keep on rocking!  :thumbsup:

What my boys said! :beer:
Because we're all in this together...

wuttheheck

Hey guys! This is my first post so bare with me.

I was at both of these shows, marking my 6th and 7th MMJ shows and 69 unique songs I've seen them play (some up to 6 times, like Mageetah, I have them all written in a journal) and my first time at Red Rocks. I was abosolutely blown away. Saturday we were in the first row of the back GA and Sunday we were in the last row of the front GA. (Darn this bein a college kid with no money for Roll Call!!)
I've been a huge fan of Jacket since I was a kid, growing up in Louisville, and having two much older siblings, driving me around and jammin with me in the car, so this was the trip of a lifetime.
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet but I wanted to share with you guys the words Jim shared with us Saturday, in case you missed it. They were beautiful.

"Times, times are strange right now. But there is a lot of good in the world, and I can feel it here. Let's help each other move past all the bullshit. Let's help each other move past out dated concepts such as race and sexual orientation. Let's help each other move past outdated concepts, to the present, which is love. Love is all there is, love is all we need, and we need it really bad right now. Help spread the word, love is love and we are here to love and we love all of you. Thank you so much for coming out to spend some time."

Lonndown27

Quote from: wuttheheck on Jun 10, 2016, 06:40 PM
Hey guys! This is my first post so bare with me.

I was at both of these shows, marking my 6th and 7th MMJ shows and 69 unique songs I've seen them play (some up to 6 times, like Mageetah, I have them all written in a journal) and my first time at Red Rocks. I was abosolutely blown away. Saturday we were in the first row of the back GA and Sunday we were in the last row of the front GA. (Darn this bein a college kid with no money for Roll Call!!)
I've been a huge fan of Jacket since I was a kid, growing up in Louisville, and having two much older siblings, driving me around and jammin with me in the car, so this was the trip of a lifetime.
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet but I wanted to share with you guys the words Jim shared with us Saturday, in case you missed it. They were beautiful.

"Times, times are strange right now. But there is a lot of good in the world, and I can feel it here. Let's help each other move past all the bullshit. Let's help each other move past out dated concepts such as race and sexual orientation. Let's help each other move past outdated concepts, to the present, which is love. Love is all there is, love is all we need, and we need it really bad right now. Help spread the word, love is love and we are here to love and we love all of you. Thank you so much for coming out to spend some time."

it was a beautiful pair of shows and ...i could feel the energy a state away from the show...that Saturday and Sunday night felt so awesome...and i wasn't even there....but my head was..
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

walterfredo

I'm looking for a ticket stub to the Sunday show if anyone has an extra. We swapped seats (and tickets) with some randoms to sit with our friends and ended up with paper printouts. Would love an actual stub.

CountSA

I got an extra stub for you, shoot me your address.

walterfredo

littleacorn

Does anybody have a Saturday stub? I have a printout for Saturday and I'm looking for a stub to frame with poster. Please and Thanks.
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

ericm

Quote from: littleacorn on Jun 30, 2016, 12:53 PM
Does anybody have a Saturday stub? I have a printout for Saturday and I'm looking for a stub to frame with poster. Please and Thanks.

I've got one but it's not in mint condition. It was folded in half and a little worn on the one  blue edge but not ripped or torn. It's yours if you want it. Send me a pm with your info if you do.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

Does anyone have the Fruit Bats setlist from Saturday? It was my first time seeing/hearing them and I really enjoyed it. Just picked up a couple of their albums.

Jbpats

Looking for stubs from both nights. I had printouts and am trying to frame my VIP poster with some pics and stubs.
I'd pay for them if you have them.

ericm

No word yet from littleacorn on the Saturday stub so I still have it. I also have a Sunday stub but that one is in a little worse shape. Two folds and a little worn but not ripped, so if anyone wants them give me a shout.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Stevie

Who needs official audio recordings when we have such high quality videos??

At the same time, it makes me wonder if the live album is going to end up being red rocks 2016.  What other reason could there be for the lack of official downloads? 

ericm

Quote from: Stevie on Jul 03, 2016, 09:23 PM

At the same time, it makes me wonder if the live album is going to end up being red rocks 2016.  What other reason could there be for the lack of official downloads?

Same could be said for the Beacon shows, no?
"Where's Jim going?"

millerjustin

Quote from: ericm on Jul 06, 2016, 10:07 PM

the beacon run had NYC film and production permits posted all around the theater that week.  This fact, on top of the crystal clear recording release of the EoDM song I love you all the time suggests that the Beacon run will be released.  My guess is that Jim is culling the tracks and the label is having endless marketing meetings on how to monetize this thing.

take my money, seriously - just gimme those songs!!!!
What's in here won't disappear

Lonndown27

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 07, 2016, 04:02 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jul 06, 2016, 10:07 PM

the beacon run had NYC film and production permits posted all around the theater that week.  This fact, on top of the crystal clear recording release of the EoDM song I love you all the time suggests that the Beacon run will be released.  My guess is that Jim is culling the tracks and the label is having endless marketing meetings on how to monetize this thing.

take my money, seriously - just gimme those songs!!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!!
I'm so excited for the impending live anthological materials hahahha
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

oistheone

Stayed up waaaaayyy too late last night watching both of Pat Myers' videos of the full RR run. Good lord, they were on fire those nights. Second night might be my favorite. Throwback is sooooo tight. I've also never seen Jim as awesomely theatric as he was during the ending of Lay Low. What a run.

Mr. White

I've updated the "Dondante" from Red Rocks that I recorded and posted earlier with Taper Audio. My video ends at a little past 14 minutes into this 19 minute version, so I supplemented the rest with photos I took that night. It sounds and looks really good. Check it out!

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 03, 2016, 02:49 PM
I've updated the "Dondante" from Red Rocks that I recorded and posted earlier with Taper Audio. My video ends at a little past 14 minutes into this 19 minute version, so I supplemented the rest with photos I took that night. It sounds and looks really good. Check it out!

Forgot to say thanks to Mike B. for providing the FLAC Taper Audio for this video compilation.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011