Roll Call Wild Honey/Hopefully Vinyl

Started by jcc0065, Feb 03, 2016, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbcuzido

Quote from: APR on Feb 05, 2016, 09:37 PM
This seems so simple yet WU keeps pissing people off in new and unexpected ways.  This should not be so confusing nor so aggravating.

justbcuz.... That's not cool.  Most businesses would honor the "incorrect" statement and make it right (not just bash their co-worker and say he didn't know what he was talking about).  They pulled the old Eddie Murphy ice cream bit:  "Wanna lick?  Psych!"

Ralph..... That was funny.  I'll be on the look out for that shirt.

Haha, big time on psyching me out. I mean they tell me that there were no more 7" records. You would think, most businesses at that point would say, but we will get you in on the bonus 7" we're sending out... Nope, not blunderful union.

I realize there is no point in complaining. We can vote with our wallets and not resign up for roll call in mass, but I don't think that will happen as people still want the merch/early entry etc. Basically, all that is left is to put up with this since their actions will never get better. They have zero incentive to provide better service to us.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

buymycar

Well, I've decided not to re-up when my membership comes due in May. Even if the "bonus item" for the 2016 membership is a 7", I won't have a complete set of fan club vinyls anyway because of this bonus vinyl snafu. With the boys (sans Jim) backing Ray LaMontagne this summer, I don't see any shows happening in my neck of the woods this year. Even if they announce more shows, they always allow new Roll Call signees to participate in ticket sales (if the fan club isn't mysteriously "out of stock"). I just don't see the point anymore.

MMJCOBRA

Hey guys, I'm kind of pissed off that long time roll callers like myself were unable to get the 7 w/ hopefully.

That was my hometown show and I was front and center for it.  See dork face in the light blue t-shirt!

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/08/my_morning_jacket_stays_on_tar.html

Anyways, I would dearly love to obtain a copy of the roll call 7 inch with hopefully since this recording was taken from this show. About the only thing I have to trade would be the friends again 7 inch, or a superbowl shuffle 7. Or I could gift one of you fine folks a roll call membership for 2016.

Sorry for the whine and kind regards.

Unravelled  aka mmjcobra

millerjustin

can some kind soul at least rip the 2 songs to MP3 format and offer to PM a drop box link?

I too am exhausted with Blunderful being non-responsive - many (including myself) have talked to band members about this directly (in person).  It's kind of frustrating and embarrassing to shift what could be a once-in-a-lifetime conversation over to something like "I'm a huge fan of yours, but your most important vendor sucks and treats us poorly".  Really surprised it's continued this long - we'll see I guess.

The only thing keeping me a member is the pending OBH3 announcement and need for priority access to tickets through C9.  If it weren't for that, there's no value to BU (other than getting a laminate, poster and warped record in exchange for shipping costs inflated 400%?).  And not for nothing, fan club tour ticket access means nothing when other third parties provide more and better tickets before public onsale (Gilt, Amex, Groupon, etc.)

Where is the value proposition, WU?

What's in here won't disappear

searchinbig

I would love to get a digital copy of this also.

Anybody??

Edit: A 7" would be better (Ha Ha) if anyone would like to trade something, or sell theirs.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Concerns

I was expecting the bonus as well but ended up with 2 copies of the regular. I'm pretty passive about this stuff, but it still sucks.

KingCobra

Does anybody have info on how many of these where pressed?
I'm On A Four Day Creep

amskinz

Quote from: KingCobra on Mar 10, 2016, 10:52 AM
Does anybody have info on how many of these where pressed?

I was wondering the same thing. They had to have made more than the exact amount for people that bought the extra Roll Call coverage. There has to be an outlet for the extra copies I'm sure are sitting on a shelf somewhere. Good luck getting answers.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

JerseyDan

I did the chat thing with WU and clearly stated how I can't see how this flub could happen:
"Adam - Wondeful Union
I cannot say what would have possessed a specific person to purchase the new deluxe bundle once it was released if their membership was already valid but I can only speculate that it is because they collect all of the items from each years bundle so they would have wanted the 2015 merch items from that new bundle such as the t-shirts etc. It was not advertised that they would receive a secondary 2015 vinyl just that they would receive 2. The band decided later in the year when it was time to press them to do the secondary 2015 vinyl."

millerjustin

Quote from: JerseyDan on Mar 11, 2016, 02:11 PM
I did the chat thing with WU and clearly stated how I can't see how this flub could happen:
"Adam - Wondeful Union
I cannot say what would have possessed a specific person to purchase the new deluxe bundle once it was released if their membership was already valid but I can only speculate that it is because they collect all of the items from each years bundle so they would have wanted the 2015 merch items from that new bundle such as the t-shirts etc. It was not advertised that they would receive a secondary 2015 vinyl just that they would receive 2. The band decided later in the year when it was time to press them to do the secondary 2015 vinyl."

not only incompetent, but smug and insulting as well?!?!

priceless
What's in here won't disappear

searchinbig

Will some kind soul (I know there are many here) PLEASE furnish me with a digital copy of this? I can swap any of the other R/C 7's digital if you like. Thanks!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

TheRoof

You Are Everything

tippitoes22

Quote from: TheRoof on Apr 16, 2016, 07:56 PM
...just enough to piss you off:

Enough to piss me off...IM FURIOUS!!! Not at you TheRoof, THANK YOU for putting that up and FU TO WU for not getting Roll Call fans, who shell out their hard earned dollars, a copy of this. Post something clearly LIKE "Hey buy this and you'll get another 7" " and I guarantee roll callers would/will SHELL OUT MORE $$$ to get it!!! RIDICULOUS !?! And to add insult to injury I'm a massive Fruit Bats/EDJ fan, have all their vinyl and see them as much as possible which was difficult, considering they broke up for a while, and EDJ just did very few shows solo for a bit.

Good news is Fruit Bats is touring again and have a new LP"Absolute loser" coming out on
Easy Sound records. So WOOHOO TO FRUIT BATS & FU to WU! Gettin sick of wasting money on tshirts that are the wrong size, laminents venues have no idea about, buying short term membership for nothing and buying long term ones and getting the shaft. I'm not being unreasonable. You're job is to run a bands fan club. And its not a cheap fan club. We pay a decent amount of money for the perks (which for a large portion of us means the 7")that come with being in this fan club. It's customer service, which you suck at. Do your job. Plain and simple.
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

Stevie

Try not to let this get the best of you, guys.  I don't know the details, not sure why they would offer a different version of the 7" (which is arguably superior to the other) and only offer it to certain fans, but at the end of the day it's only 2 songs that we will eventually be able to grab digitally anyway.  Many of us get to go see them play in a month or two anyway.  Spring is here.  All is truly good.