Colored Vinyl

Started by Emotion Detector, Feb 04, 2016, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emotion Detector

Lately, various record labels and retailers have tempted me with the option to purchase new releases and reissues on *gasp* colored wax! If it's an album I'm actually interested in I'll often take the bait. However, one retailer in particular--Newbury Comics--has been releasing more and more great reissues on colored vinyl and my wallet just can't take all the action. Just in the last month they've released Fleet Foxes, Gang of Four, Wild Nothing, The Germs, Beach House, Modest Mouse and supposedly a Nirvana reissue is in the works.

What are your thoughts on colored vinyl? Does it encourage your buying decisions, or does it even matter? Is it all just a nice ploy to increase record sales? How many color variations of Chocolate and Ice do I need?

searchinbig

I hear you with the colored vinyl reissues. I won't buy it just for the novelty but if it's a record I don't own, I might.

I did not buy the last issue of C&I because it seems like this can go on forever! If you don't listen to them what's the point?

I have found the quality sometimes on colored vinyl to not be great, although I own all 4 colored Acoustic Citsuoca and the black sounds the worst, imo.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Jellyfish

Quote from: searchinbig on Feb 04, 2016, 12:17 PM
I have found the quality sometimes on colored vinyl to not be great, although I own all 4 colored Acoustic Citsuoca and the black sounds the worst, imo.
I have the red and blue,and I knew about the black but what is the 4th colored one?
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jellyfish on Apr 07, 2016, 10:55 AM
I have the red and blue,and I knew about the black but what is the 4th colored one?
Orange

https://www.discogs.com/My-Morning-Jacket-Acoustic-Citsuoca-Live-At-The-Startime-Pavillion-October-31st/master/145442
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Emb1528

I hear you with the colored vinyl reissues. I won't buy it just for the novelty but if it's a record I don't own, I might.

I did not buy the last issue of C&I because it seems like this can go on forever! If you don't listen to them what's the point?

The first step in vinyl addiction is admitting we have a problem  :cool:

Believe me... I know it's hard to resist the urge to buy the cool new different version
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head