Patience, Power, and Perseverance

Started by getinthevan, Feb 11, 2016, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getinthevan

The band just posted this awesome video.  It really captures why I've been in love with this band for the past decade, and why I will continue to love them for decades to come. 

https://lntv.com/en_us/video/my-morning-jacket-from-the-road
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

walterfredo

Awesome!

...will rna2525 think this is a sign that they're done?

getinthevan

I'm pretty sure that this is implying that they're breaking up last summer.

parkervb

i posted this video as well under "The Band" - it's never been clear to me what the distinct difference is. Anywhoo, great video. Love hearing Carl talk about hearing the band for the 1st time. and I am glad that he and Bo had the same reaction many of us did at our first Jacket show ("oh shit")
Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 11, 2016, 01:44 PM
i posted this video as well under "The Band" - it's never been clear to me what the distinct difference is. Anywhoo, great video. Love hearing Carl talk about hearing the band for the 1st time. and I am glad that he and Bo had the same reaction many of us did at our first Jacket show ("oh shit")
Generally, I consider The Band section of the forum for things about the band or its members, like this documentary or interviews.  I consider The Music section for things about their albums, other releases, collaborations, etc.  Its a fine line...

Here's that documentary video in downloadable format:

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/8qkt7zfj32m1c9x/Patience%2C_Power%2C_and_Perseverance__On_the_Road_with_My_Morning_Jacket.mp4
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Cameron

jcc0065

Quote from: getinthevan on Feb 11, 2016, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure that this is implying that they're breaking up last summer.

YOURE SO RIGHT MAN

getinthevan

Bulldog

Great great stuff...thanks for posting it I needed that right about now.

sillyboob

I dug that it was 'I Will Sing You Songs' that both Bo & Carl heard that drew them in.  It was the song for me that really made me say 'Wow - who is this band?'
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Jackets N Pones

This video is simply awesome. Props to whoever put this together. I love this band so much. That is all.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

APR

That was awesome.   The interviews, the live footage mixed in..... I wish it was longer.

jcc0065

so what does everyone think about these spring shows?

will they follow the same sort of "waterfall tour" setup or change it up?

parkervb

Quote from: jcc0065 on Feb 13, 2016, 01:52 AM
so what does everyone think about these spring shows?

will they follow the same sort of "waterfall tour" setup or change it up?

i imagine it will be pretty close. With as much going on as Jim and the band has with the Ray Lamontagne, it could be very similar.

PJAMVedder

I think the Red Rock and Louisville shows will stand alone compared to festival(s) and other one night stops. jmo

GO4IT

This is a perfect video to introduce a newbie to the band, IMHO.
I just sent a link to just such a person I was partying with this past weekend who expressed interest in the band after hearing a bunch of tunes over the course of 3 days.

Jackets N Pones

I'm not sure if it is an exact match but it looks like the fan at 9:34 has the Jim James forearm tattoo.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

jcc0065

Quote from: PJAMVedder on Feb 15, 2016, 02:25 PM
I think the Red Rock and Louisville shows will stand alone compared to festival(s) and other one night stops. jmo

thats what i was thinking.

parkervb

Quote from: jcc0065 on Feb 16, 2016, 02:20 PM

Quote from: PJAMVedder on Feb 15, 2016, 02:25 PM

thats what i was thinking.

that's the same as any tour. Festivals are short sets w/ minimal deep cuts, multi-night stops are no repeats with deep cuts typically.