Main Menu

Grammys

Started by dogwoody, Feb 15, 2016, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwoody

Congrats to Alabama Shakes! Wish MMJ could win something one of these days...

Mr. White

Well, last year, they won something that very few have before and even fewer will in the future. They were awarded the honor of actually BEING PINK FLOYD FOR A DAY! This will never be topped, in my opinion.

At least their label mates (at ATO Records), Alabama Shakes, got the award. I love their music and have seen them live twice. Sound and Color is killer in High-Resolution FLAC!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Jackets N Pones

Just curious - was My Morning Jacket in attendance last night? Hoping some interviews or photos surface. Thanks!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

dogwoody

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Feb 16, 2016, 12:06 PM
Just curious - was My Morning Jacket in attendance last night? Hoping some interviews or photos surface. Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing. I tuned in last night solely for MMJ, and didn't see or hear about them anywhere. It was more of a concert than a "giving of awards" last night anyway. I enjoyed the Eagles tribute, and it looked like Joe Walsh was playing Glenn's guitar. It's also sad how Don Felder supposedly wasn't even invited to play with them yesterday.

LBSUNFLWR

I DVR'd and watched last night so I could fast forward through most of it. There were very few awards given out. I was very pleased to find out Jason Isbell won both awards he was nominated for, and glad to see Chris Stapleton win Best Country album over most of the commercial/pop country out there that I personally can't stand.

I was looking forward to seeing The Eagles with Jackson Browne but thought it was not a good performance sadly. Very blah and Jackson messed up the words. The other performance I was really looking forward to was Chris Stapleton, Bonnie Raitt and Gary Clarke Jr. paying tribute to B.B. King. It was the best performance of the night by a mile to me. Loved it.

I skipped through the people I didn't know, and Bieber and Adele. I thought the Lionel Richie thing wasn't bad. I even liked the metal tribute more than expected. I guess the Lady Gaga Bowie performance was good for the theatrical aspect she gave it, though I am not a fan.

still, it was a good mix I think of recognizing a lot of legendary people who died this year and some of the younger kids out there.

I read yesterday that Natalie Cole's family was in a rage that she didn't get a special tribute like Bowie or B.B. got....really??

RastaRunner5

They went in the past, can't confirm if they were there this year.