cross posting in hopes of help re: sheet music for knot comes loose

Started by combover22, Feb 22, 2016, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

combover22

Hello Jacketeers

My wife and i are coming up on our one year anniversary. As the tradition goes, it should be a paper gift. I wanted to frame pictures from the wedding along with the sheet music from our first dance song, 'Knot Comes Loose'. If you could point me in the right direction, or if one of you is talented enough to write it yourself, i would be happy to pay for the service..

Thanks!

MusiKel Mama

Are you on Instagram? I know some fantastic MMJ fan artists who are really into calligraphy and word art...when do you need it by?

MusiKel Mama

I looked for "Z" sheet music, and all they have is collections. Lemme see if I can talk to one of my friends who majored in music theory...

combover22

MusiKel Mama

Hrmm. Do you live near a college, by chance? I would say perhaps your best bet in having it by Sunday would be to buy the blank sheet music and the song, and go cash in hand to the music department and ask a college kid if they'll do it.

combover22

yeah, that is a smart call. maybe i'll go that route.

thanks!

MusiKel Mama

Okay...so I saw that there is an app called "Automatic Music Dictation" that you can download. Although it doesn't recognize sharps and flats, I think it will do the job. My honest opinion as a woman, if you download it and can get the music dictated, as bad as it might turn out, you should totally do it yourself (if you have an hour) and write her a letter on what she means to you tucked in the back of the frame. Just like with kids, it always means so much more when someone makes a personal effort, no matter how shitty it looks. If you're not into that idea, or don't have time, I will TOTALLY send you the artists on IG...