pure speculation > wishful thinking

Started by crooney, Mar 13, 2016, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crooney

so todd slater posted some new artwork he is finishing on his instagram account.  he recently did the posters for the 2015 milwaukee shows and he's done some other great stuff for the band.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC3YrUxD0tX/

when i saw the post, i thought mmj, 4 owls, 4 beacon shows....  just some wishful thinking on a sunday morning.  would be great timing though to get everyone fired up for the tour!

millerjustin

I had the same thought (and actually commented on his FB post about MMJ - no reply, which is telling since we have exchanged messages several times in the past).

However, the timing suggests more likely that this could be OBH3 artwork than a beacon run - it seems counter-intuitive, but the likely June timing of OBH3 announcement will require artwork and band names by April/May for a June drop.  So maybe. 

I would guess that a Beacon run (if that happens) wouldn't be announced until September, so that artwork wouldn't be in the pipeline until August
What's in here won't disappear

MOWJO8185

When he said 4 beacon shows, my first thought was artwork for the release of the previous 4 night run, not artwork for the announcement of another run.

millerjustin

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Mar 14, 2016, 10:36 AM
When he said 4 beacon shows, my first thought was artwork for the release of the previous 4 night run, not artwork for the announcement of another run.

if history holds, they will use posters from those shows if and when they release the 2015 Beacon run (this has held true for all MMJ releases since PC3 anyway, including both OBH fests and the 2015 Red Rocks show)
What's in here won't disappear

APR

Good detective work.  I think something is brewing.  It could be prints for the upcoming spring tour. Status usually does the OBH work but of course that could change.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Best of T5 condensed into four Double Fold Album Box Set?    I'll take any of the above suggestions actually.   And although I'm sure I will never get a tattoo, if I did, that owl would be on top of list!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MOWJO8185

^ I will be pretty disappointed if either T5 or the Beacon come out in solely a "best of" format as opposed to containing every glorious note.

parkervb

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Mar 15, 2016, 03:44 PM
^ I will be pretty disappointed if either T5 or the Beacon come out in solely a "best of" format as opposed to containing every glorious note.

can't see that happening...other than Okonokos, have they done an official release that wasn't the full show(s)?
Don't you ever turn it off

BH

12+ hours of vinyl seems like a stretch but that would be amazing and I'd pay just about anything for it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

oistheone

I reckon they've got enough ammo to launch Okonokos 2.0 -- wouldn't be shocked to see the Beacon shows released in this format. Maybe a 4LP "best-of" release and then an expanded digital download? As great as the LiveDownloads are (they are AMAZING), something about a super-ultimate-mega-pro mastering job (like on Okonokos) can take these recordings to the next level. And I imagine mastering the full run -- almost 100 tracks -- in that fashion just isn't feasible. So a Beacon Best Box?! Sign me the fuck up!

evilPaauwe

cheers.

gardenparty

I'm thinking they may film/release the upcoming Red Rocks shows as well.  Two nights
Last year they filmed the whole show but turns out it was just for Compound Fracture.

Maybe they were doing some practice for this year.

CountSA

The owls were for an Avett Brothers poster in case anyone was wondering.

Gina

Quote from: CountSA on Apr 28, 2016, 05:55 PM
The owls were for an Avett Brothers poster in case anyone was wondering.

Saw that - beautiful work.