Jim Out and About the Town

Started by Mr. White, Mar 13, 2016, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

I ran into Jim last night attending the Lydia Burrell set during the grand re-opening of the Speed Art Museum in Louisville, Kentucky. While waiting for the show to start, my wife pointed out that Jim was standing near the Grand Hall entrance talking to his solo album/tour drummer (and long time friend), Dave Givan. Dave is also Lydia Burrell's drummer, Howell Dawdy's drummer (both bands lead by Alex Smith - Jim's friend and band-mate in Hotel Roy), and Daniel Martin Moore's drummer. I snapped this quick photo from our table in the front row. During the show, Jim migrated to the back in the corner but stayed for the whole thing.

On the way out, we passed Jim coming up the stairs to the 3rd floor as we were headed down to the 2nd floor. We were the only ones on the stairs at that particular moment, so I said hi and that it was good to see him out in town. Jim said how's it going and smiled back. - another magical chance meeting.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

awesome! I had a friend who went and said all the work they did is very impressive.

GO4IT

Great story, Mr. White!  Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

ScreamingDizBuster

I saw Jim right before new years 2015.  He was at our Kroger in St. Matthews, and he bagged his own groceries.  Normal guy, and I didn't want to bother him.  Though for just a moment I debated walking by and "accidentally" dropping my roll call membership card to see if he would pick it up.  Then I thought that he probably just wanted to go home with his food so I strolled on.

My wife is always bumping into Patrick around town...including the same Kroger.  Hard to miss Patrick when you see him...like a gentle lion lurking. 

armando

Quote from: ScreamingDizBuster on May 05, 2016, 08:51 PM
I saw Jim right before new years 2015.  He was at our Kroger in St. Matthews, and he bagged his own groceries.  Normal guy, and I didn't want to bother him.  Though for just a moment I debated walking by and "accidentally" dropping my roll call membership card to see if he would pick it up.  Then I thought that he probably just wanted to go home with his food so I strolled on.

My wife is always bumping into Patrick around town...including the same Kroger.  Hard to miss Patrick when you see him...like a gentle lion lurking. 

I love the scene in my head of Jim bagging his groceries. Normal life stuff.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Clarkwork

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Lonndown27

feel blessed that you get to see a rock star, which we don't  have much of anymore, acting like a human being and an amazing person (since he is one) out and about supporting the community events. I love Jimbo  :cool:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

DayDrinkin

Not Jim, but I saw all of Twin Limb (and their dogs) last night at Rye for 3rd Thursday event. Murder by Death was the headliner.

walterfredo

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 25, 2016, 09:22 PM
Not sure any of that stuff posted above has anything to do with Jim being out and about on the town...

Clearly Jim's been spotted in Poland.

justbcuzido

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 25, 2016, 10:30 PM
To get this thread back "on topic", I'm posting a photo of Jim that I took while waiting for our boat tour of the Chicago River to start. While still docked to the pier, I looked up and saw Jim on a different river tour boat that was already underway, so I quickly snapped this photo and cropped it. (posting it for the first time)

Jim trying to relax on a river boat tour of the Chicago River on June 10, 2015 (second day of their 3 night run from The Waterfall Tour).

No way, I was doing the architecture tour that day before the show as well. It was my birthday... I was so close but so far
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.