Roll Call Item Substitution!?!

Started by amskinz, Mar 30, 2016, 02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amskinz

This was already mentioned in another topic but I figured it needed its own thread. I just received the email from WU letting us know the 2016 deluxe memberships will start shipping "around" April 18th.
What's concerning is that this years T-shirt has all of a sudden been substituted with a coffee mug.
That's right, a coffee mug.
I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason for this. I've already messaged WU voicing my displeasure in this replacement. We'll see what they have to say (within 24 business hours, of course).
It's so unfortunate that so many people have had issues with them in the last year or so, and now this.
Feel free to add your two cents.
Maybe I'll wear the mug around my neck. But a shirt would be much better.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

Jbpats

Its a lame substitution.. just do the math, if you were to buy a MMJ shirt it would cost $23, there is no mug for sale but the water bottle costs $15.. I personally think a mug would be valued less than the water bottle.

WU should have substituted the shirt with something of equal or greater value like a different shirt or a show poster.. not a coffee mug.

justbcuzido

Quote from: Jbpats on Mar 30, 2016, 03:19 PM
Its a lame substitution.. just do the math, if you were to buy a MMJ shirt it would cost $23, there is no mug for sale but the water bottle costs $15.. I personally think a mug would be valued less than the water bottle.

WU should have substituted the shirt with something of equal or greater value like a different shirt or a show poster.. not a coffee mug.

Have you seen these mugs? They are campfire mugs and thus could easily cost the same amount as a shirt .....  :wink: :cheesy:
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

CountSA

I kind of like the mug...none of the shirts they've had in the past are really my style.  Plus WU runs out of L & XL's pretty quickly then people who sign up later end up with a shirt that is too small to wear.

amskinz

Quote from: Jbpats on Mar 30, 2016, 03:19 PM

As far as the email said, only the shirt was being replaced. So we should still be getting a poster for this year. I agree with you about something of a closer value. There's an abundance of older shirts in the store, as well as the points store. And I'm sure there are stacks of other posters somewhere they could have offered instead of a mug. Really looking forward to hearing an explanation from WU. I'm sure it will be full of excuses and half answers. Then we'll see another increase in pricing for next year to go with astronomical shipping costs. Let's just hope the bonus item at years end is a vinyl and not the shirt we should be getting now.

Jbpats

I'm clearly a bigger fan of the shirt than the mug, I have about 30 mugs in all different shapes, sizes, and styles. I have 1 MMJ shirt that's seen some wear.
Having said that I don't really care either way. I think WU should have given folks the option and not just automatically replaced it with something else.
Considering the presale for fan club members have been horrible recently I'm starting to wonder what the benefit is of being a member. I have also yet had the option of attending a show with the early entry option. To top it off the shipping costs are a joke (as previously mentioned). In this day and age shipping is either free or $8 or less.. WU charges more than international carriers. Why can't they just leverage UPS, FEDEX or USPS?

Some people do it for the vinyl, I don't use records so to me the T-shirt was equal to the vinyl in terms of desirability.

In the end if this is the worst thing that happens this week then things are going pretty well I'd say :thumbsup:

jcc0065

I personally am extremely dissapointed. This is my first year in Roll Call and I was fully expecting what I paid for, A TSHIRT, and now this added on to the fact its already being shipped super late? Unbelievable

jcc0065

Quote from: Jbpats on Mar 30, 2016, 04:16 PM
I'm clearly a bigger fan of the shirt than the mug, I have about 30 mugs in all different shapes, sizes, and styles. I have 1 MMJ shirt that's seen some wear.
Having said that I don't really care either way. I think WU should have given folks the option and not just automatically replaced it with something else.
Considering the presale for fan club members have been horrible recently I'm starting to wonder what the benefit is of being a member. I have also yet had the option of attending a show with the early entry option. To top it off the shipping costs are a joke (as previously mentioned). In this day and age shipping is either free or $8 or less.. WU charges more than international carriers. Why can't they just leverage UPS, FEDEX or USPS?

Some people do it for the vinyl, I don't use records so to me the T-shirt was equal to the vinyl in terms of desirability.

In the end if this is the worst thing that happens this week then things are going pretty well I'd say :thumbsup:

I pretty much solely bought it for Red Rocks Early Entry, but the Shirt was definitely gonna be a nice bonus...

johnnYYac

Since we never saw what the 2016 Roll Call poster and t-shirt design was going to be, and considering I have a t-shirt for every previous RC membership, I'm not that upset. 

I figured others would be upset, but I still think the value of a RC membership is retained. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Cameron

I'll probably use the mug more than I would the shirt. The only mmj shirt I ever where is the toogans one.

stxfan10

Anyone else receive the email about the campfire mug substitute who hasn't renewed their Roll Call for 2016?
I'm not sure if the email was sent in error, or if I'll be receiving a free Roll Call package for the year.  :grin:

searchinbig

Quote from: stxfan10 on Mar 31, 2016, 01:15 AM
Anyone else receive the email about the campfire mug substitute who hasn't renewed their Roll Call for 2016?
I'm not sure if the email was sent in error, or if I'll be receiving a free Roll Call package for the year.  :grin:

No, but maybe you will be one of the chosen who receives a bonus vinyl for NOT being signed up.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ericm

Quote from: rs1339 on Mar 31, 2016, 12:10 AM
I'm very disappointed about the mug. And it's not about whether it's a t-shirt, or water bottle, or whatever... But I paid $64.63 (over $20 for s/h!) almost a year ago. I got my vinyl which is awesome, but the contract I entered into when WU accepted my payment included the t-shirt and I believe a poster... Of course, it's way past the deadline to contact my credit-card company to dispute the charge. I'm a HUGE fan of MMJ and especially Jim James (saw him in an intimate show at the Fonda in LA). The shows are amazing, and I'll never stop being a fan... But it's irritating to be ripped off like this and I hope I can separate the band from this bullsh*t the next time I'm in the pit and going nuts for MMJ.

I'm recently retired and every dollar wasted is a dollar I don't have for a concert ticket. I really, really wanted that "Exclusive Roll Call  MMJ T-Shirt"! :cry:

Just an FYI for the future, they almost always offer a parcel post (USPS) option for shipping which is cheaper. I paid $11.00 less ($13.00) for having mine shipped. I thought the $13.00 was reasonable considering it's coming in two separate shipments.
"Where's Jim going?"

Cameron

Yes. I expire 5/25 though so wasn't sure.

buymycar

Quote from: Cameron on Mar 31, 2016, 10:59 AM

Yes. I expire 5/25 though so wasn't sure.

Yeah, I got it, too. My 18 month sub doesn't expire until May.

Even if I had signed up for 2016, I wouldn't be that upset about this substitution. I can't wear my Roll Call t-shirts because I made the silly decision to wash them. They shrunk to the point where I risk indecent exposure if I wear them in public.

YimYodd

I also got the email and have not re-upped for the new package. :huh:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

amskinz

I was excited to see a response from WU in my inbox regarding the substitution. Unfortunately, it wasn't a response. It was a "how would you rate the support you received" survey. Seeing how I didn't receive any support (not that I expected a straight answer), I had no choice but to let them know they had dropped the ball yet again.
I don't expect anything to come from it, but these issues have to be piling up somewhere.

justbcuzido

Quote from: amskinz on Apr 01, 2016, 08:50 PM
I was excited to see a response from WU in my inbox regarding the substitution. Unfortunately, it wasn't a response. It was a "how would you rate the support you received" survey. Seeing how I didn't receive any support (not that I expected a straight answer), I had no choice but to let them know they had dropped the ball yet again.
I don't expect anything to come from it, but these issues have to be piling up somewhere.

There's a large garbage can where all of the complaints have been piling up.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

APR

Quote from: justbcuzido on Apr 02, 2016, 11:28 AM
Quote from: amskinz on Apr 01, 2016, 08:50 PM

There's a large garbage can where all of the complaints have been piling up.

The can is overflowing. 

Zoob2022

I agree with amskins!  Big letdown! One of to reasons I renew my roll call membership is for the roll call t-shirt not a mug. ☹️