It Still Moves Re-Issue

Started by subinai, Apr 03, 2016, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

I liked this paragraph especially the "scorching rock and roll" part.  :thumbsup:  :cool:

Mr. James has a solo album on the near horizon, most likely arriving in the fall. "Another Jacket record is in progress," he added — "I've just recently rediscovered this desire for scorching rock 'n' roll, and that's hopefully what we'll get around to"
"Where's Jim going?"

Bulldog

Digging all of this, the reissue, the new songs the the direction for the new album.....

The future looks bright !!

Thanks for posting !!

Mr. White

Hell Yeah!
Comes Out the Day Before Red Rocks Begins (May 27th)!
Scorching Rock and Roll to Come on Next Album ... Maybe!?!
Possible Solo Album this Fall!
Heal Yeah!

Edit: The "Heal Yeah!" was a typo. I was going to say "Hell Yeah!" again but realized this will indeed bring more "Heal(ing)" to my life!
Heal Yeah, Baby!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

jcc0065

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 03, 2016, 08:29 PM
Hell Yeah!
Scorching Rock and Roll to Come on Next Album ... Maybe!?!
Possible Solo Album this Fall!
Heal Yeah!

I was just about to say, I bet we hear those 3 "new" tracks at RR!

subinai

havent been this anxious for a vinyl pre-order in a long time.

subinai

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 03, 2016, 08:29 PM

good time to play ISM front to back!

oistheone

Sweet! I'm especially intrigued by these bonus tracks. Looks like Carl and Bo recorded parts recently -- maybe we'll see them pop up in sets this tour??

Bulldog

I defiantly think it changes the dynamic as to whats played at RR at least a little....

Not to mention it makes for a nice soundtrack to road trip it out there with !!

justbcuzido

When can we pre-order on vinyl? I assume it will be pressed. Also, I wonder how different the mix is going to be. I can see some things being drastic as it is a remix, not just a remaster.I'm hoping it's like a Let it Be Naked style difference.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

dogwoody

timescaper

Magheetah and Golden are on Apple Music as 2016 singles - I think Spotify too ... The artwork is badass

amskinz

This is just good news wrapped in great news! Where did someone see it comes out May 27th? Wouldn't they have a pre order going by now if that was the case? Gotta get this on vinyl!!!
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

cre618

Quote from: timescaper on Apr 04, 2016, 06:41 AM
Magheetah and Golden are on Apple Music as 2016 singles - I think Spotify too ... The artwork is badass

Yup, did a quick A/B on headphones.  Definitely can hear the difference, can't wait!

parkervb

Quote from: amskinz on Apr 04, 2016, 08:30 AM
This is just good news wrapped in great news! Where did someone see it comes out May 27th? Wouldn't they have a pre order going by now if that was the case? Gotta get this on vinyl!!!

just checked ATO and there is not anything yet. I am sure after this good pub, we'll see an email go out this week. It will be my 3rd version of ISM I have purchased on vinyl. Try explaining that to your wife and see how quickly the eyes glaze over...
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

Great surprise. Up there with Abbey Road as my favorite rekkid.

parkervb

parkervb

MOWJO8185

For what it's worth, the track listing is up on Itunes. The 3 new songs are En La Ceremony, Grab a Body, and That's Too Bad. The two songs that don't get the demo treatment are One Big Holiday and Just One Thing.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/it-still-moves-deluxe-edition/id1096417658?app=itunes

parkervb

My Morning Jacket is reissuing 2003's It Still Moves (ATO) remixed and remastered as a special deluxe package with new artwork and exclusive photos. It will include frontman Jim James' ten original demos plus three unheard tracks from the original sessions on 4 x LP 180 gram vinyl and 2 CD in expanded soft-pak. For James, It Still Moves was the only My Morning Jacket album he could look back on and wish that some things were different about it. So, with the help of the band's longtime friend Kevin Ratterman behind the mixing desk, James revisited and tweaked all the old material & remastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering, this new version still has that shimmering grandeur that lent it such a singular identity, but there is an increased strength and clarity to it now

http://mymorningjacket.com/news/272093