It Still Moves Re-Issue

Started by subinai, Apr 03, 2016, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcc0065

Quote from: timescaper on Apr 04, 2016, 06:41 AM
Magheetah and Golden are on Apple Music as 2016 singles - I think Spotify too ... The artwork is badass

ill be 100% honest i dont notice any changes besides it being more "HD" (which i guess is what they were going for), ive listened a couple times to the regular versions and these to see whats up!

parkervb

price tag guesses on the vinyl? If more than 5k pressings, $40. Less than 5k, $55.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: ericm on Apr 03, 2016, 08:06 PM
I liked this paragraph especially the "scorching rock and roll" part.  :thumbsup:  :cool:

Mr. James has a solo album on the near horizon, most likely arriving in the fall. "Another Jacket record is in progress," he added — "I've just recently rediscovered this desire for scorching rock 'n' roll, and that's hopefully what we'll get around to"

That was my favorite part too!  I was so excited by all the great news in that piece that I almost couldn't fall asleep last night.  There is so much to look forward to! 

ISM is my favorite album of all time so I'm especially curious to hear the differences.  It sounds like it will be even better.

If JJ's album comes out in the fall, then a tour to follow is possible.  Maybe he'll do some shows around Lockn fest.  Even if he doesn't hit the road, that man is busy. 

MOWJO8185

Interestingly, the "scorching rock and roll" statement seems to be in direct conflict with his statement around The Waterfall press time that the Waterfall was their rock album and that the second album was going to be more dance and soul-based. I wonder if they are scrapping/putting aside some of their previous recordings from The Waterfall sessions?

justbcuzido

Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

justbcuzido

Quote from: jcc0065 on Apr 04, 2016, 09:48 AM
Magheetah and Golden are on Apple Music as 2016 singles - I think Spotify too ... The artwork is badass

ill be 100% honest i dont notice any changes besides it being more "HD" (which i guess is what they were going for), ive listened a couple times to the regular versions and these to see whats up!

I was hoping for a sort of Let it Be Naked treatment to this remix as well. However, I used my Audio Technica AT-50X headphones to hear these tracks and they sound incredible compared to the original. The bass on Golden comes through. And Magheetah does not sound so muddied anymore. You can actually hear everything really clearly. Who knows what the rest will bring though. The fact that is keeps getting labeled as a remixing is pretty key, as if it was just cleaning up the sound throughout they would say remastering. Yet everything says remixed and remastered so there's hope for something different.

jcc0065

Quote from: justbcuzido on Apr 04, 2016, 10:31 AM

I was hoping for a sort of Let it Be Naked treatment to this remix as well. However, I used my Audio Technica AT-50X headphones to hear these tracks and they sound incredible compared to the original. The bass on Golden comes through. And Magheetah does not sound so muddied anymore. You can actually hear everything really clearly. Who knows what the rest will bring though. I could see some tracks changing a bit, but for the most part I think this will just be a proper clean up

Yeah im definitely not upset with it or anything, cause I didnt think anything needed revamping with ISM anyway, but i took it as a "were recording this with Bo and Carl" type of thing

justbcuzido

Quote from: jcc0065 on Apr 04, 2016, 10:34 AM

Quote from: justbcuzido on Apr 04, 2016, 10:31 AM

I was hoping for a sort of Let it Be Naked treatment to this remix as well. However, I used my Audio Technica AT-50X headphones to hear these tracks and they sound incredible compared to the original. The bass on Golden comes through. And Magheetah does not sound so muddied anymore. You can actually hear everything really clearly. Who knows what the rest will bring though. I could see some tracks changing a bit, but for the most part I think this will just be a proper clean up

Yeah im definitely not upset with it or anything, cause I didnt think anything needed revamping with ISM anyway, but i took it as a "were recording this with Bo and Carl" type of thing

Most definitely.. Well, the unreleased bonus tracks he said were re-recorded with the full band so there's that. No matter how it shakes out, I'm stoked. What would be really cool is if they reissued The Tennessee Fire as redone by the whole current band. How those songs have translated live is just unreal.

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

TheRoof

Quote"Another Jacket record is in progress," James told the New York Times. "I've just recently rediscovered this desire for scorching rock n' roll, and that's hopefully what we'll get around to." (pointing at 2017 release date)

:cheesy:

:drum:
You Are Everything

Shug

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Apr 04, 2016, 10:24 AM
Interestingly, the "scorching rock and roll" statement seems to be in direct conflict with his statement around The Waterfall press time that the Waterfall was their rock album and that the second album was going to be more dance and soul-based. I wonder if they are scrapping/putting aside some of their previous recordings from The Waterfall sessions?

I'd say that is a good guess, that the follow up to the Waterfall will not be what they initially said it would be but will be newer songs or those Waterfall-session songs re-arranged or re-recorded to hopefully be more rocking.  I always take it with a grain of salt when an artist says "the next piece is gonna be like ______."  With time they can change their minds, or things lead them in another direction that what they might've thought many months ago. 

I got excited to hear about the scorching rock, because that is what I like best, lots of screaming guitar solos and riffs like on Z, but we'll see if that actually comes to pass.  The Waterfall to my ears, is a lot less rocking than Jim described it.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

buymycar

Quote from: justbcuzido on Apr 04, 2016, 10:24 AM
It's $53.95 Plus $11.40 for shipping.

PRE-ORDERED!!!

http://store.mymorningjacket.com/collections/store-1/products/it-still-moves-reissue-vinyl

I put the CD in the shopping cart to see how much the shipping is, and it's 11 dollars, too. That pretty much rules out me preordering it from the MMJ store.

The digital preorder is sold out right now. LOL

I wonder if this will see release on the Pono store or HDTracks.

justbcuzido

Quote from: buymycar on Apr 04, 2016, 01:19 PM
Quote from: justbcuzido on Apr 04, 2016, 10:24 AM
It's $53.95 Plus $11.40 for shipping.

PRE-ORDERED!!!

http://store.mymorningjacket.com/collections/store-1/products/it-still-moves-reissue-vinyl

I put the CD in the shopping cart to see how much the shipping is, and it's 11 dollars, too. That pretty much rules out me preordering it from the MMJ store.

The digital preorder is sold out right now. LOL

I wonder if this will see release on the Pono store or HDTracks.

$11 for just the CD? Wow.... I was somewhat ok to pay that for the Vinyl (even though in this day and age that's steep). I haven't seen preorders for the vinyl anywhere else otherwise I probably would have done that as I assume anywhere else the shipping will be cheaper (if not free).

I'm just stoked that when I get back from the road trip to Red Rocks, that vinyl will be waiting for me.

rjlemons

What's interesting is that if you order the Vinyl + t-shirt, the shipping is only $7.69 but just the vinyl is over $11.  :huh:

Stevie

Quote from: Shug on Apr 04, 2016, 01:18 PM

I'd say that is a good guess, that the follow up to the Waterfall will not be what they initially said it would be but will be newer songs or those Waterfall-session songs re-arranged or re-recorded to hopefully be more rocking.  I always take it with a grain of salt when an artist says "the next piece is gonna be like ______."  With time they can change their minds, or things lead them in another direction that what they might've thought many months ago. 

I got excited to hear about the scorching rock, because that is what I like best, lots of screaming guitar solos and riffs like on Z, but we'll see if that actually comes to pass.  The Waterfall to my ears, is a lot less rocking than Jim described it.

The three of us are clearly paying attention, as this is the first thing that came to my mind as well.  Also, remember when Jim said that he almost didnt play any guitar during the Waterfall sessions until Carl brought in the reverb tank and re sparked his love for it?  So, I get the sense that there is a constant ebb and flow when it comes to what Jim wants to do.  I really hope that his desire to scorch lasts long enough to get it on tape, but at the very least we have this stretch of shows to look forward to where that will hopefully manifest itself. :D

Either way, even though the interview was brief, and maybe i'm looking into it too much, but Jim came off as being pretty upbeat as opposed to some of his interviews during and leading up to the last tour.  Hopefully that back is feeling much better with the time off! 

Stevie

Quote from: kotchishm on Apr 04, 2016, 10:47 AM
Relevant:

Ahh yes, this song!  I think it was on one side of a roll call vinyl a while back.. I have it around here somewhere.  The end of the song also appears on the back end of an ISM song and i have always loved that little segment. 

dub82

Anyone heard the 3 new songs off this? I know I haven't.

justbcuzido

Quote from: dub82 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:22 PM
Anyone heard the 3 new songs off this? I know I haven't.

^^^ Look at the song above "Grab a Body" as that will be one of the three. Though it seems like it will be different (possibly) as Carl/Bo added parts to the other "new" songs

parkervb

Quote from: Stevie on Apr 04, 2016, 02:08 PM
Quote from: Shug on Apr 04, 2016, 01:18 PM

The three of us are clearly paying attention, as this is the first thing that came to my mind as well.  Also, remember when Jim said that he almost didnt play any guitar during the Waterfall sessions until Carl brought in the reverb tank and re sparked his love for it?  So, I get the sense that there is a constant ebb and flow when it comes to what Jim wants to do.  I really hope that his desire to scorch lasts long enough to get it on tape, but at the very least we have this stretch of shows to look forward to where that will hopefully manifest itself. :D

Either way, even though the interview was brief, and maybe i'm looking into it too much, but Jim came off as being pretty upbeat as opposed to some of his interviews during and leading up to the last tour.  Hopefully that back is feeling much better with the time off! 

he makes the "scorching rock and roll" comment and follows up with "hopefully what we'll get around to" 

Lots of tastes can change in 18-24 months, so maybe those songs become The Waterfall b-sides and they come up with mostly all-new material based on this renewed love.
Don't you ever turn it off