It Still Moves Re-Issue

Started by subinai, Apr 03, 2016, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplatSplatSplat

Quote from: Stevie on Apr 04, 2016, 02:08 PM
Quote from: Shug on Apr 04, 2016, 01:18 PM
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Apr 04, 2016, 10:24 AM
Interestingly, the "scorching rock and roll" statement seems to be in direct conflict with his statement around The Waterfall press time that the Waterfall was their rock album and that the second album was going to be more dance and soul-based. I wonder if they are scrapping/putting aside some of their previous recordings from The Waterfall sessions?

I'd say that is a good guess, that the follow up to the Waterfall will not be what they initially said it would be but will be newer songs or those Waterfall-session songs re-arranged or re-recorded to hopefully be more rocking.  I always take it with a grain of salt when an artist says "the next piece is gonna be like ______."  With time they can change their minds, or things lead them in another direction that what they might've thought many months ago. 

I got excited to hear about the scorching rock, because that is what I like best, lots of screaming guitar solos and riffs like on Z, but we'll see if that actually comes to pass.  The Waterfall to my ears, is a lot less rocking than Jim described it.

The three of us are clearly paying attention, as this is the first thing that came to my mind as well.  Also, remember when Jim said that he almost didnt play any guitar during the Waterfall sessions until Carl brought in the reverb tank and re sparked his love for it?  So, I get the sense that there is a constant ebb and flow when it comes to what Jim wants to do.  I really hope that his desire to scorch lasts long enough to get it on tape, but at the very least we have this stretch of shows to look forward to where that will hopefully manifest itself. :D

Either way, even though the interview was brief, and maybe i'm looking into it too much, but Jim came off as being pretty upbeat as opposed to some of his interviews during and leading up to the last tour.  Hopefully that back is feeling much better with the time off! 

I read somewhere that Jim has been doing a lot of Pilates lately.  If this is something he started after his latest incident and has continued since then, I think we might indeed be seeing a revitalized Jimmy baby on stage this tour. 
You need it.  That's for sure.

BH

Quote from: Stevie on Apr 04, 2016, 02:12 PM
Quote from: kotchishm on Apr 04, 2016, 10:47 AM
Relevant:

Ahh yes, this song!  I think it was on one side of a roll call vinyl a while back.. I have it around here somewhere.  The end of the song also appears on the back end of an ISM song and i have always loved that little segment. 

It was on the 10" Black Friday Vinyl (11-23-12) with It Makes No Difference from Newport  2012 and Honest Man from the Wiltern 9-12-12
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

AlwxanderD10

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Apr 04, 2016, 03:44 PM
Quote from: Stevie on Apr 04, 2016, 02:08 PM
Quote from: Shug on Apr 04, 2016, 01:18 PM
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Apr 04, 2016, 10:24 AM
Interestingly, the "scorching rock and roll" statement seems to be in direct conflict with his statement around The Waterfall press time that the Waterfall was their rock album and that the second album was going to be more dance and soul-based. I wonder if they are scrapping/putting aside some of their previous recordings from The Waterfall sessions?

I'd say that is a good guess, that the follow up to the Waterfall will not be what they initially said it would be but will be newer songs or those Waterfall-session songs re-arranged or re-recorded to hopefully be more rocking.  I always take it with a grain of salt when an artist says "the next piece is gonna be like ______."  With time they can change their minds, or things lead them in another direction that what they might've thought many months ago. 

I got excited to hear about the scorching rock, because that is what I like best, lots of screaming guitar solos and riffs like on Z, but we'll see if that actually comes to pass.  The Waterfall to my ears, is a lot less rocking than Jim described it.

The three of us are clearly paying attention, as this is the first thing that came to my mind as well.  Also, remember when Jim said that he almost didnt play any guitar during the Waterfall sessions until Carl brought in the reverb tank and re sparked his love for it?  So, I get the sense that there is a constant ebb and flow when it comes to what Jim wants to do.  I really hope that his desire to scorch lasts long enough to get it on tape, but at the very least we have this stretch of shows to look forward to where that will hopefully manifest itself. :D

Either way, even though the interview was brief, and maybe i'm looking into it too much, but Jim came off as being pretty upbeat as opposed to some of his interviews during and leading up to the last tour.  Hopefully that back is feeling much better with the time off! 

I read somewhere that Jim has been doing a lot of Pilates lately.  If this is something he started after his latest incident and has continued since then, I think we might indeed be seeing a revitalized Jimmy baby on stage this tour. 
I've read two quotes from Jim recently, one said that he feels younger than ever right now. The other stated that his days of dancing around the stage are over, and he is content to just sing and play, so we shall see! haha

itrainmonkeys

It looks really, really nice. I need to have this.

oistheone

The new remix of Mahgeetah DEFINITELY has more presence on Jim's vocals and the guitar solos just RIP outta the speakers. Sounds great, but I don't know if I would take this new definition and clarity over the warmth of the original mix. Will have to compare this side by side with the original vinyl!

Mr. White

Quote from: rjlemons on Apr 04, 2016, 01:59 PM
What's interesting is that if you order the Vinyl + t-shirt, the shipping is only $7.69 but just the vinyl is over $11.  :huh:

I tried to order the deluxe vinyl with the T-Shirt, and the cheapest cost for shipping was $15.70. I tried to order just the deluxe vinyl, and it still came up as $15.70 for USPS 3-day delivery (the cheapest option available to me at check out). Why would the shipping be like that!?!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

KingCobra

Sweet reissue looking foward to it on vinyl with the demos[emoji1531]
I'm On A Four Day Creep

EverythingChanges

Now if only they would reprint Okonokos...

Compiled live recordings of TTF from the past few years pressed to vinyl would probably be the greatest thing ever. Picture of You is way too good from OBH.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

searchinbig

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 04, 2016, 07:59 PM
What's interesting is that if you order the Vinyl + t-shirt, the shipping is only $7.69 but just the vinyl is over $11.  :huh:

I tried to order the deluxe vinyl with the T-Shirt, and the cheapest cost for shipping was $15.70. I tried to order just the deluxe vinyl, and it still came up as $15.70 for USPS 3-day delivery (the cheapest option available to me at check out). Why would the shipping be like that!?!

They banged me $12.20 ($12.20, Really??) for shipping for deluxe. I think it's whatever they want at the time you order. Even if they ship to different locations it should just be flat rate. Wet dreams.

No matter, I'm going to be thrilled to listen to this. If I wait to order later I'm still going to pay for shipping so a few bucks more does not really matter. Let's just hope things don't get fucked up as usual with the merch.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

mynameiscurt

So excited for this.  I've been saying for years that the vinyl pressing of ISM is a mess, just very flat.  I would have never guessed it was recorded to tape based on the sound on the vinyl - that was a very nice surprise.  Hopefully it gets a good press in addition to the remaster!

Comes out right before RR, any chance of an ISM album "run thru" at RR?

MOWJO8185

Quote from: mynameiscurt on Apr 05, 2016, 09:42 AM
So excited for this.  I've been saying for years that the vinyl pressing of ISM is a mess, just very flat.  I would have never guessed it was recorded to tape based on the sound on the vinyl - that was a very nice surprise.  Hopefully it gets a good press in addition to the remaster!

That was very much on my mind too. I could see them leaving ISM untouched night 1, and night 2 being a complete run through the album front to back.

rjlemons

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 04, 2016, 07:59 PM

It must have been a glitch to my advantage because today I am seeing $15.70 as the lowest. My option yesterday morning was parcel post and that's no longer available. That sucks, Mr. White. You deserve a break as much as you invest in this band. I'll buy you a beer in Louisville in a few weeks.  :beer:

janvdpoel

Deluxe vinyl + shipping = 74,73 dollars. I mean, it's my favourite album in the world, but 74 bucks for a record? Argh. I just can't make peace with that price. And I'm 34 years old working fulltime :).

CountSA

Hopefully they'll be selling this at Red Rocks because of out principle I don't want to support WU price gouging shipping costs.

parkervb

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Apr 05, 2016, 10:27 AM
Quote from: mynameiscurt on Apr 05, 2016, 09:42 AM

That was very much on my mind too. I could see them leaving ISM untouched night 1, and night 2 being a complete run through the album front to back.

Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

Quote from: CountSA on Apr 05, 2016, 11:48 AM
Hopefully they'll be selling this at Red Rocks because of out principle I don't want to support WU price gouging shipping costs.

i'll pay $15 to not have to worry about carrying a record and a poster around for 3 hours.
Don't you ever turn it off

Mr. White

Quote from: CountSA on Apr 05, 2016, 11:48 AM

I decided to call up my local independent record store to see if they would be able to get their hands on this release and how much it might cost. They put me on hold for about 30 seconds and came back with the confirmation that they would indeed be selling this re-issued album on or around the posted release date and that it would be close to the price being offered on the band's site but without the added $15.70 for shipping. They are going to save me a copy.

searchinbig

What I don't understand is the differences in the prices. I paid $53.95 plus $12.20 shipping. Yeah it might be a bit more or less depending on where it's shipped but some are saying $74 or $75 dollars total? That's out of line.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Mr. White

Quote from: searchinbig on Apr 05, 2016, 12:15 PM
What I don't understand is the differences in the prices. I paid $53.95 plus $12.20 shipping. Yeah it might be a bit more or less depending on where it's shipped but some are saying $74 or $75 dollars total? That's out of line.

I just checked again (without actually purchasing), and the total price for me to get WU to ship me the 4 record vinyl release, including the $15.70 for shipping, puts the total at $69.65. I'll take my chances at the local independent record store. They always pull through!

buymycar

Quote from: searchinbig on Apr 05, 2016, 12:15 PM

I'm thinking that must be for international shipping? Still, I agree it's way out of line.