Okonokos Release 7/1/2016??

Started by parkervb, Apr 07, 2016, 02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/22535078/my-morning-jacket-okonokos-lp

Someone posted on the FB page and I have emailed Bullmoose to get more details but this is VERY interesting (or a misprint)
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

amskinz

The price is what's throwing me off the most out of all this. Obviously, a lot has happened to the vinyl market since this was first released. And we all know what that pressing is going for nowadays. Does anyone remember how much they were charging when it first came out?  It does seems strange to be that low of a price given the original was 4 discs, and compared to the ISM just announced at 2. They sure are keeping us busy on a rather slow year. Keep 'em coming! Where's the Beacons!!!
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

parkervb

Quote from: amskinz on Apr 07, 2016, 02:19 PM
The price is what's throwing me off the most out of all this. Obviously, a lot has happened to the vinyl market since this was first released. And we all know what that pressing is going for nowadays. Does anyone remember how much they were charging when it first came out?  It does seems strange to be that low of a price given the original was 4 discs, and compared to the ISM just announced at 2. They sure are keeping us busy on a rather slow year. Keep 'em coming! Where's the Beacons!!!

ISM is 4 total discs so that's sort of inline with this.  And, I am guessing the Beacons come post Red Rocks...

parkervb

with such a high demand on vinyl and long delays in some plants, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to make a larger commitment to get the pressings out in time.  Complete speculation but its just kinda strange to have both of these released w/in 2 months of each other. Especially with how long and how loudly people have been clamoring for another release of Okonokos.

oistheone

I paid $49 for mine new when it came out, so the price is sure right! What intrigues me is that this is called a "deluxe" reissue. Wonder if some tracks will be added...

getinthevan

I work for Bull Moose, I'll look into this tomorrow evening when I get to work. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

parkervb

Quote from: getinthevan on Apr 07, 2016, 02:52 PM

amskinz

Quote from: getinthevan on Apr 07, 2016, 02:52 PM

We'll all be waiting to hear back from you on specifics. Even if some of us already pre ordered, lol.

itrainmonkeys

This is amazing news. I own an original box set but plan on picking up a second one lol. I've been so nervous about messing up my copy that I rarely play it and try to be careful with it when moving things or cleaning. Very awesome.

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

johnnYYac

My original Okonokos LP box was $40.  My backup copy was $125, but I sold it.  I've preordered this "deluxe" reissue, as its definitely worth $50 for a backup copy.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Murph

Holy shit this has been a long time waiting... Pre-ordered

The hits just keep coming!

EverythingChanges

Is this website legit? I'm assuming if they were reprinting it then wouldn't it shortly be announced through MMJ and available for preorder elsewhere too?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

getinthevan

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 07, 2016, 07:59 PM
Is this website legit? I'm assuming if they were reprinting it then wouldn't it shortly be announced through MMJ and available for preorder elsewhere too?

Bull Moose opened their 12th location in New England late last year.  They know their stuff, or at least they certainly seem to.  If it's showing up on their website, I would be shocked if it wasn't legit. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Mr. White

I would bet this is true. After all, there is a high(er) resolution version of Okonokos out there that only 94 people currently own. It was delivered via a micro SD card that came with the Limited Edition My Morning Jacket Pono Music Players as part of the promised bonuses for pledging for one. It is in 48/24 resolution (CD quality resolution is 44.1/16). I have wondered if and when this version would be made available to the general public. (That file can't even be purchased from the Pono Store at present. It only went to those who pledged for the Limited Edition Players. Circuital is the same way. It is only available at 44.1/16 - CD quality from the Pono Store, but it was given to the Limited Edition Player purchasers at 96/24. The Waterfall album is the only MMJ album available in a resolution higher than CD quality. It is for sale at 96/24.)
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

EverythingChanges

Quote from: getinthevan on Apr 07, 2016, 08:58 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 07, 2016, 07:59 PM

Bull Moose opened their 12th location in New England late last year.  They know their stuff, or at least they certainly seem to.  If it's showing up on their website, I would be shocked if it wasn't legit. 

This is great news. Mine is ordered. I'm so excited for this. It's my favorite record ever. Wondering if deluxe will have added songs? I'm assuming it'll come with Strangulation, Where to Begin, and Sooner like it did previously? Those songs are so fucking good.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

parkervb

Bo and Tom seem dubious on the Twitter.

amskinz

The term "deluxe" would hopefully mean more than just a repress. Even if that's all it turns out to be, I won't feel bad listening to a $50 version, as opposed to being on edge when I want to play my original whose price we won't discuss further (still worth it though).

justbcuzido

Already pre-ordered through Bull Moose... I regret not doing ISM through them seeing as how they have free shipping and WU doesn't.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.