Okonokos Release 7/1/2016??

Started by parkervb, Apr 07, 2016, 02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardedwonder

So sweet! Thanks for the heads up!!!
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

buymycar

itrainmonkeys

Hopefully just because it hasn't been officially announced by the band, that I know of, yet. Hopefully.

parkervb

technically, Tom said he heard they might be a repress on the way and knew no details but Bo said he didn't think it was real.
Don't you ever turn it off

beardedwonder

I would think that for those who have preordered we would have received an email from bullmoose saying "Sorry but ........" Along with our refund.

I think it just has not been "officially" announced thus the boys won't/can't say.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

parkervb

Quote from: beardedwonder on Apr 08, 2016, 12:53 PM
I would think that for those who have preordered we would have received an email from bullmoose saying "Sorry but ........" Along with our refund.

I think it just has not been "officially" announced thus the boys won't/can't say.

that's definitely in play. getinthevan works there so they may have an update soon

getinthevan

Sadly, no update.  No answer in the office and no response to my email yet.  We do have a listing in our computer and it does have a UPC, I know that much.  880882251819, if anyone is interested.  I'm guessing it will be Monday before I hear anything.  As soon as I do, I'll pass the info along!
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

parkervb

getinthevan

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 12, 2016, 10:38 AM
any word getinthevan?
any word getinthevan?

Only speculation, no real updates.  They said that all the info they have is what's on the website.  They said with the release date being so close to the It Still Moves reissue, that maybe perhaps it's part of a reissue series but they had no idea.  They did say that I wasn't the only person to ask about it and that they will update the listing as they get more info. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

parkervb

Quote from: getinthevan on Apr 12, 2016, 11:33 AM
any word getinthevan?
any word getinthevan?

Only speculation, no real updates.  They said that all the info they have is what's on the website.  They said with the release date being so close to the It Still Moves reissue, that maybe perhaps it's part of a reissue series but they had no idea.  They did say that I wasn't the only person to ask about it and that they will update the listing as they get more info. 

thank ya sir.  Like I said previously, my guess is that they had to get a certain # of pressings to get a release out on schedule. The pressing plants have pretty big wait times from what I've read/heard.

beardedwonder

Ground control to Major Tom....

CTdeadhead

I wish I read this yesterday I just went into Bull Moose in Bangor today.  Would've asked about it.

beardedwonder

Quote from: CTdeadhead on Apr 25, 2016, 08:36 PM
I wish I read this yesterday I just went into Bull Moose in Bangor today.  Would've asked about it.

Shoot! Maybe I will call them.

As an aside, will u be attending John Mayers homecoming?

CTdeadhead

I really dont care much for Mayer with the Dead, its kinda like Axl Rose in AC/DC.   :cool:

millerjustin

Quote from: CTdeadhead on Apr 26, 2016, 05:36 PM
I really dont care much for Mayer with the Dead, its kinda like Axl Rose in AC/DC.   :cool:

harsh!  he used to be a douche, but damn he nails Jerry's tone and tempo - much better than Trey IMHO.  NOT starting a fight here - I'm a Phish fan and also saw all 3 Chicago shows.  Trey with Fare Thee Well sounded like Trey.  Mayer plays and sounds like Jerry. 
What's in here won't disappear

Jellyfish

Not trying to hijack this thread but I wish they would stop all these reunion shows and substituting for Jerry...it's time to move on and do your own thing.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

CTdeadhead

I actually agree with Jellyfish.  All these Jerry stand ins all leave something to be desired, I'd rather see Bobby or Phil writing some new music and going that route.  Mayer just really irritates me for some reason...

beardedwonder

The thing is Mayer is not a stand in. They are not the Grateful Dead. They are Dead & Co. You'd be better off not comparing him to Jerry. After all, there will only be one.

That said IMHO its way better than the Fare Thee Well cast. This group is energized, revitalized and best of all having fun. The music seems to be playing them again versus them playing the music. It's a beautiful thing.

Mayer is a super skilled guitar magician. His voice is clean. And he is feeling the music without trying to be Jerry. That is the key I think. A handful of cats could've been tapped to be Jerry, including Trey, but they went in a totally diff direction. And it works.

If you have not seen YouTube vid of the band specifically MSG shows and the later SF stint your missing out.

I was lucky enough to see Jerry & the Boys a couple times in the 90s. Had a blast but the music was subpar. Further was fun too and sounded good. The videos and reviews of Dead & Co have me pumped for summer tour. I'll be at 4 shows. Pit for 2. Nothing left to do but....

CTdeadhead

At this point I live so far out in the sticks, Im not seeing any concerts any time soon  :drum:

CountSA

I hate to be selfish since I already have Okonokos on vinyl, but wouldn't a soon to be re-press mean  that a Beacon box set or Okonokos 2 (which has been speculated about around here) wouldn't happen anytime soon?