Okonokos Release 7/1/2016??

Started by parkervb, Apr 07, 2016, 02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchinbig

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Aug 02, 2016, 01:17 PM
Thinking about picking up a second copy. Did anyone who ordered the new one also still have an original box set? I got one from when it first came out but the rareness of it being available for years makes me want to get a backup copy lol. Am I the only one?

I bought another copy. My thought process is the same, play this one more!!

The box is a bit different. The original has a glossy finish on the box, this one is flat. Also, the inner sleeves are much nicer and thicker on the new copy. All in all a nice production, although I have not listened to the new copy yet. Fingers crossed!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Crispy

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 02, 2016, 02:29 PM
Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Aug 02, 2016, 01:17 PM
Thinking about picking up a second copy. Did anyone who ordered the new one also still have an original box set? I got one from when it first came out but the rareness of it being available for years makes me want to get a backup copy lol. Am I the only one?

nope, I bought a "listening" copy. My wife paid WAY too much money for the one I have and in addition, I have a toddler so I figure I will put the OG in an upstairs closet along w/ a few other choice cuts for safe keeping.

Same here, I got a new copy in order to retire the original and now I can play the new one to my heart's content. It just arrived today but I haven't had a chance to check for warpage yet. Fingers crossed!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

itrainmonkeys

Glad to know I'm not the only one.  Yea, I was thinking about keeping the original one stored somewhere and using the newer version as my main listening copy. I'm so glad this has finally seen the light of day. Will probably buy one this week.

Now about those T5 and/or Beacon shows.....that's what we need next!

HardNightConformist

I cannot believe I finally own this on vinyl.