Yim Yames album that never was.

Started by evilPaauwe, Apr 28, 2016, 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaauwe

Remember when that beautiful man first took on the Yim Yames moniker? It was around 2009 when he dropped the Harrison tribute. He launched the first yimyames website and it promised a solo record coming soon. Background had black and white fotos of a ominous looking young boy circa 1950ish/a ferris wheel and/or hot air balloon (?), and the YY calligraphy.

What happened to the Yim Yames Solo album from 2009?

"Regions of" is marvellous, but I feel that the initial YY record was going to be something different. I would like to hear that, or the demos. It was stated he had recorded tracks just him, his guitar, and the holy reverb lord.
cheers.

justbcuzido

The artist formerly known as Yim decided to become one with the universe and transcended into the artist now known as Jim James. Also, the Harrison tribute, while released in 09, was recorded a few days after George's death in 2001. So he held onto it. Maybe that will happen with Yim's stuff, or he just used those parts for other side projects/MMJ.

One day I hope there will be some sort of anthology type thing where the vaults are unleashed and we can here what could've been.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

notdarkyet

i always assumed it was delayed and ended up as Regions of...