Main Menu

MMJ Tattoos?

Started by amskinz, Apr 30, 2016, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amskinz

I know it's been discussed on here before. Some people don't mind them, and others seemed to be against them. I say, to each their own. I enjoy art, and I love MMJ. When I first got my hands on Z I couldn't take my eyes off the cover. Fast forward over ten years, and I was finally able to make this dream a reality last night. I'm really proud of how it came out, so I wanted to share. (Let the bashing begin)
I'd love to see what others have as far as anything MMJ related stuck on them. Show me what you've got!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206618865539466&set=pcb.10206618867659519&type=3&theater
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

amskinz

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 30, 2016, 03:06 PM
Link is broken...
Still broken? It works on my phone and laptop, but I don't know if it's because they're my accounts.

Gina

Quote from: amskinz on Apr 30, 2016, 03:35 PM
Link is broken...
Still broken? It works on my phone and laptop, but I don't know if it's because they're my accounts.

You may have the audience limited to friends only.  If you do and we are not your FB friends, we likely won't be able to see it.

amskinz

Quote from: Gina on Apr 30, 2016, 03:56 PM
Quote from: amskinz on Apr 30, 2016, 03:35 PM
Link is broken...

You may have the audience limited to friends only.  If you do and we are not your FB friends, we likely won't be able to see it.
Thanks for the tip. Set to public now. Let me know if it's working. Silly technology.

johnnYYac

Wow!  Yeah, that did it.  Very cool!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ruralt

Well, I think it's awesome, and the artist did an excellent job. Anyone who would bash you for that needs to get a life. It's your body, not theirs. Planning on getting an MMJ tat soon, a quote from "Spring," but I haven't decided which part yet. It'll be "artsy," because of Jim's chicken scrawl.

What was your experience like with the artist when you got it? The first tattoo I got was band related, and it was awkward explaining to the artist what it meant. I anticipate more of the same when I get an MMJ tat. "Uhhhh... well... there's this band..."

amskinz

Quote from: ruralt on May 01, 2016, 03:36 AM
What was your experience like with the artist when you got it? The first tattoo I got was band related, and it was awkward explaining to the artist what it meant. I anticipate more of the same when I get an MMJ tat. "Uhhhh... well... there's this band..."

Luckily I've been friends with my artist since before he started tattooing. I actually turned him onto MMJ about three years ago and he's become a big fan. So no awkward explanations needed. He's done three MMJ things for me. The first piece I had him draw up an owl in flight, and he scripted "We are the innovators, they are the imitators" around it. It came out beautifully as well. I also had him do the two pandas from Z as well. Sorry, I can't post any pics from my phone. Technology is my one true enemy.

Gina

Still trying to put something together.  I did set up a Pinterest board to collect images that could inspire a MMJ tattoo. https://www.pinterest.com/ginasdrawings/tattoos/

I'm actually in contact with someone from Ink Masters about doing an owl/cosmos/moon/waterfall design.  :thumbsup:

Came up with this tonight:

Gina

Quote from: amskinz on Apr 30, 2016, 02:34 PM
I know it's been discussed on here before. Some people don't mind them, and others seemed to be against them. I say, to each their own. I enjoy art, and I love MMJ. When I first got my hands on Z I couldn't take my eyes off the cover. Fast forward over ten years, and I was finally able to make this dream a reality last night. I'm really proud of how it came out, so I wanted to share. (Let the bashing begin)
I'd love to see what others have as far as anything MMJ related stuck on them. Show me what you've got!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206618865539466&set=pcb.10206618867659519&type=3&theater

And I love it!