Intro to My Morning Jacket

Started by MMJHQ, May 12, 2016, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJHQ

If you were sharing MMJ with someone for the first time what songs would you insist they listen to?   :drum: :cheesy:

gardenparty

tough to answer without knowing the individual.

These tunes generally go over pretty well in most situations:
Golden, Off the Record, Mahgeetah, Touch Me Part 1,
One Big Holiday(live version)

The first two songs that got me way way back were Just One Thing and Bermuda Highway

MMJHQ

Thanks! We wanted to put together some favorites, but wanted a bit of feedback first.

amskinz

I always use Wordless Chorus. I figure if a song can be that good without having any actual words in the chorus, and they don't dig it, somethings wrong.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

Max5130

Off the record was the one that got me.

odelljaj

Golden and Circuital got me. But just let them know that a slow song doesn't normally mean a slow song....just wait

millerjustin

give them a copy of Okonokos - the music does the rest
What's in here won't disappear

johnnYYac

I keep an eye out for inexpensive CD copies of Okonokos and Acousic Citsuoca on eBay to give out to folks new to MMJ.  I've probably given away around 30 CDs.  Call me Johnny Jacketseed...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jackets N Pones

I Will Sing You Songs

Also...Lowdown
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

WickedMessenger

First heard them when Z came out, and Lay Low was a perfect song on the first listen (still is). When I got It Still Moves, the heavy sound of One Big Holiday, Run Thru, and Master Plan set the hook. 

For a newbie I would start with Lay Low, Golden, OBH, Circuital, Spring, War Begun (live), Tyrone (live). 

walterfredo