Any chance at a Shaky Knees Recording?

Started by NolesT8, May 18, 2016, 11:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NolesT8

Would love to have a copy of the show, would pay for it if possible. Hope we see a link a eventually, would love to experience the night again.

wheelhousetunes

Wasn't it live-streamed? Maybe someone captured it? That would be nice.

odelljaj

Greatest show I have ever been apart of. Hope someone can find it!

sillyboob

Definitely hoping for some live stream captures for this summer.  Last year there seemed to be more than a few of them if I remember correct.
2012: 8/3   2015: 1/31 2/1 2/3 8/14   2017: 2/4 2/5 2/7 7/7   2018: 3/2 3/3 3/5   2019: 8/9  8/10

NolesT8

Quote from: wheelhousetunes on May 18, 2016, 11:56 am
Wasn't it live-streamed? Maybe someone captured it? That would be nice.


I could be wrong, but I don't believe it was. Someone on the forum emailed Shaky Knees and they said no, but someone their apparently used periscope to stream it. Steam engine from this show with the confetti falling was just something incredible to be apart of.

johnnYYac

Yeah, I emailed Shaky Knees.  No official stream was made available.  Some Periscope feeds, perhaps.  Taping at festivals is sometimes more challenging than at headlining shows.  MMJ generally has no problem with tapers, but festivals involve many bands with varying attitudes, so...  I wouldn't hold your breath. 
Close enough!

Clarkwork

I captured the entire Steam Engine from the rail, bass is so loud it vibrates the lens but it does take you back to that great moment.  It was pretty amazing.  Its up on youtube
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Mississippi_Beas

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 18, 2016, 05:47 pm
Yeah, I emailed Shaky Knees.  No official stream was made available.  Some Periscope feeds, perhaps.  Taping at festivals is sometimes more challenging than at headlining shows.  MMJ generally has no problem with tapers, but festivals involve many bands with varying attitudes, so...  I wouldn't hold your breath.

Did they mention anything about a Shaky Knees DVD? There were a couple of guys roaming with cameras filming the crowd and the show. The cameras were in a frame type mount, kind of like what you would see for under water cameras.

Mississippi_Beas

Quote from: Clarkwork on May 19, 2016, 01:37 pm
I captured the entire Steam Engine from the rail, bass is so loud it vibrates the lens but it does take you back to that great moment.  It was pretty amazing.  Its up on youtube

Great job capturing it all, especially the confetti floating around the sky! I don't have any complete songs, but I have around 10-12 video clips that are about 20-60 seconds long a piece.

Mississippi_Beas

I found a couple more videos on youtube:
Mehgeetah


Steam Engine (Partial)


Purple Rain


Victory Dance


Tropics (Erase Traces)




Clarkwork

Some great shots there.  I was lucky enough to get a set list and pick from Henry, Jim's guitar tech as well.  That entire show was amazing.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Mississippi_Beas

Quote from: Clarkwork on May 20, 2016, 04:20 pm
Some great shots there.  I was lucky enough to get a set list and pick from Henry, Jim's guitar tech as well.  That entire show was amazing.


Yeah my wife got one too...she didn't actually "catch it", but she has it haha! It's green with jim's signature and a #39 on one side and some unrecognizable drawing on the other side. Pretty good for our second time!!

NolesT8

Awesome thanks for sharing the videos. Also I am super jealous about the pick  :thumbsup:

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member & The Young Turks (Activist Level) Member

johnnYYac

Great show! Enjoy!

Here is a 2.56 GB 1920x1080 (1080P) mp4 file of last night's webcast of MMJ @ Shaky Knees 2016.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pwmzaznj68pgjkk/My_Morning_Jacket_Full_Show_from_Shaky_Knees_Festival_5%2314%232016_1920x1080.mp4/file
Close enough!