MMJ @ Iroquois Amphitheater Louisville 2016-05-12

Started by Mr. White, May 22, 2016, 01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

oistheone

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!! Throwback soundin' reeeeeeal nice on this beautiful Sunday.

odelljaj

I couldn't get this to load in my Itunes completely.  No song titles or album title.  Anyone else have this issue?

johnnYYac

My only solution, and it works well, is to avoid iTunes at all costs.  Sorry, but I really hate iT.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 25, 2016, 11:14 AM
My only solution, and it works well, is to avoid iTunes at all costs.  Sorry, but I really hate iT.

I've only used iTunes twice in my whole life, and that's only because My Morning Jacket forced me to.

Live from Las Vegas - At the Palms

and

iTunes Session (Christmas Album)

Then, I deleted my iTunes player from my computer...no problems at all now.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

Quote from: Mr. White on May 25, 2016, 03:12 PM

I've only used iTunes twice in my whole life, and that's only because My Morning Jacket forced me to.

and

Same here.  Use it when there's no choice.  I also use it to convert FLAC and other audio files to mp3.  Even THAT is a pain in the ass. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

searchinbig

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 25, 2016, 05:21 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on May 25, 2016, 03:12 PM

and

Same here.  Use it when there's no choice.  I also use it to convert FLAC and other audio files to mp3.  Even THAT is a pain in the ass. 

Trader's Little Helper will convert all you need.  :thumbsup:

For the record, I hate iTunes as well! Sometimes it's the only choice though.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

JPV

I downloaded a couple of the vbr mp3 tracks and loaded em into iTunes without any problem. It looks to me like the taper didn't create any metadata for the recording(no band name, no track names, no album title.) When i added the tracks to my iTunes library, both tracks showed up with a song title of tmp and nothing else. Right click on the track and go to get info, and then you can fill in all the blanks.

searchinbig is right on with the Traders Little Helper suggestion. It's all I've been using for years.    :cool:

sillyboob

Quote from: JPV on May 26, 2016, 01:36 PM
I downloaded a couple of the vbr mp3 tracks and loaded em into iTunes without any problem. It looks to me like the taper didn't create any metadata for the recording(no band name, no track names, no album title.) When i added the tracks to my iTunes library, both tracks showed up with a song title of tmp and nothing else. Right click on the track and go to get info, and then you can fill in all the blanks.

searchinbig is right on with the Traders Little Helper suggestion. It's all I've been using for years.    :cool:

You may want to update the song data (title, artist, album title, year, etc.) in the Properties of the mp3 file instead of your Itunes library.  That way if you load it into a different music system (move it to a new computer, email the mp3s to a friend) the song data is now embedded in the mp3, not Itunes.  Found this out the hard way.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.